Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
7,441 - 7,460 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#7714 Mar 31, 2013
Lmfao! Yes some creationist religious retards would combine two way different sayings in an effort to propagandize established fact! You are obviously mocking believers!

:))
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>Two famous sayings to consider.
1) Give me control of the school text books and I will control the nation
2) We need to teach the theory of evolution to children as fact as young as possible.

Ok now you put the two together and you get the evolutionary brainwashing going on today. Myths and lies being taught as truth.

Lexington, KY

#7715 Mar 31, 2013
Slam dunk icon needed :)

Plus Hitler gushed about punishing the Christ killer Jews proving he was religiously motivated.

Not one believer has been able to show where any non believer totalitarian ever said he was committing his acts because of his atheism.

So I believe that is checkmate on the subject.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Let's split it down the middle and give them each, a million and a half, now take their combined number and know that the Christain Hitler alone doubled it.

Praize the lard!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#7716 Mar 31, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone tries to tell you the Earth is only 6'000 years old instead of 4.54 billion years old, that means their intelligence is lacking and that they are insane for not looking at facts.
It's the same thing as if someone were to tell you 2+2 is 50, or some equally absurd number.
NOt all religious people, christians included, follow the young earth crap... There are a lot of assumptions that get thrown at people of belief.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evoluti...
http://ucc.org/not-mutually-exclusive/pdfs/pa...

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7717 Mar 31, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
It absolutely pertains to what you said. If you can not prove something doesn't exist, then you must believe it is possible it does exist. Thus this is the way with the magical leprechaun with the dachshund in his nose and your God.
<quoted text>
These are theories that best fit the available evidence based on how we understand the universe works at present time. They are much more useful than the "Gawd diddit with pixie dust" thesis.
There is evidence for what is past the event horizon of a black hole? Amazing. What evidence is that?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7718 Apr 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Religious bigots attack, restrain, lord over and even kill those for simply not following their imaginary friend and you think mocking these beasts for their bigotry and stupidity is going overboard?
<quoted text>
Not all of them. Do you lock your car doors every time you see a brown person?

Lexington, KY

#7719 Apr 1, 2013
Sadly it is the young earth creationist crowd that speaks the loudest.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>NOt all religious people, christians included, follow the young earth crap... There are a lot of assumptions that get thrown at people of belief.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7720 Apr 1, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
So the whole God/No-God thing is basically just a difference of opinion? The huge body of (hard won) knowledge generated by science against the deafening silence of the gods boils down to a coin toss? Somebody needs to do a little more home work. You really have to do some serious trivializing of our scientific endeavor and amplify the hell out of the hallucinations of ancient goat-herds to place the two 'world views' on the same level. To do so DOES open you up for ridicule, gives good reason to question your IQ and places your mental health in serious doubt.
How long do you have to 'study science' for one's opinion of it's veracity to count? How much of the principals and products of science do you understand? For instance, can you set the Record Timer on your DVR? Does resetting a digital clock send you into paroxysms of terror? Can you explain how an internal combustion engine works? How about the aerodynamic principals that keep an aircraft aloft?
It's really not necessary to 'know' all these things to function in our society.(Un)fortunately, some of us are driven to understand them at the most minute level. Others dismiss the functioning of our technology as little more than magic. So we end up with people who seek understanding and those who cling to magic and I'm sorry, but there is a huge difference in the 'weight' one should assign their various opinions. They are NOT the same and they are NOT equal.
Obviously my comment was more than you could comprehend because NONE of what you mentioned had anything to do with it.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7721 Apr 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Sadly it is the young earth creationist crowd that speaks the loudest.
<quoted text>
Yes.. Too many people think that the louder they are the more right they will be.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7722 Apr 1, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist Lenin and Trotsky killed three million.
Need to research your facts and divide from atheist talking points.
You do realize that proves nothing, right?

Lexington, KY

#7723 Apr 1, 2013
I caught a great web series on YouTube called logicked??

Anyways the guy take a young earth scientist's video and breaks it down line by line why he's wrong. Pretty informative stuff and amusing.

Honestly if people wanted to think the earth was 500 years old but didn't demand it be taught in schools and are taken seriously, I could care less.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.. Too many people think that the louder they are the more right they will be.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7724 Apr 1, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>NOt all religious people, christians included, follow the young earth crap... There are a lot of assumptions that get thrown at people of belief.
What are you talking about?
You never know, do you?

Where did I say that all religious people believe the Earth is that young?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7725 Apr 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I caught a great web series on YouTube called logicked??
Anyways the guy take a young earth scientist's video and breaks it down line by line why he's wrong. Pretty informative stuff and amusing.
Honestly if people wanted to think the earth was 500 years old but didn't demand it be taught in schools and are taken seriously, I could care less.
<quoted text>
I haven't seen it but I will see if I can find it..
I found this interesting though.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7726 Apr 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>I caught a great web series on YouTube called logicked??

The worst people are those that try to take evolution out of history and/or science classes because they don't believe in it. Even though it's a fact...

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7727 Apr 1, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously my comment was more than you could comprehend because NONE of what you mentioned had anything to do with it.
Really? Did you notice that I incorporated your "basically a difference of opinion" and "ridiculing their blah, blah blah ..." absurdities into my response? I thought that tied them together nicely. You bring into question your ability to comprehend the complexities of our subject matter when you stumble so blindly against a relationship so clear. But then, therein lies the root of our problem, does it not?

Texas, USA

#7728 Apr 1, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Not all of them. Do you lock your car doors every time you see a brown person?
No, but I slow down every time I see a cop. What does that tell ya?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7729 Apr 1, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Did you notice that I incorporated your "basically a difference of opinion" and "ridiculing their blah, blah blah ..." absurdities into my response? I thought that tied them together nicely. You bring into question your ability to comprehend the complexities of our subject matter when you stumble so blindly against a relationship so clear. But then, therein lies the root of our problem, does it not?
Your post made it seem as if anyone who claims to have a religion must deny science. Proof of science and technology is not disproof against belief.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7730 Apr 1, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I slow down every time I see a cop. What does that tell ya?
That you do not obey posted speed limits unless observed by an authority figure?...

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7731 Apr 1, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You never know, do you?
It was implied..

Texas, USA

#7732 Apr 1, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
It's good that some religious folk are smart enough to see that their only real choice is to incorporate scientific realities into their belief systems. Many do not. It is those in particular (who refuse to incorporate scientific realities into their belief systems) that invite ridicule and questions regarding their IQ and mental health. I presume you recall your bringing these aspects up in an earlier post. I personally do not understand how you can reconcile 'faith' in a world of magic and science. It seems to me they would be forever at odds with each other. Of course, a great many people WANT this conciliation ... religious people who like science and scientists who, for whatever bizarre reason, like religion for it's ritual or artificial 'fellowship'. There's always a lot of 'experts' willing to sell their manufactured opinions to those who want to buy them. I like the purity of Atheism. Everything else is just muddying the water.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7733 Apr 1, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You never know, do you?
Come on you should know all godbots lie, it is their stock in trade.

They spend so much time lying to themselves they think they can lie to us with impunity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 hr Shamma 201,367
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... 19 hr weez 1
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) 20 hr christy 502
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••