Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 372)

Showing posts 7,421 - 7,440 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7689
Mar 29, 2013
 
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we don`t have to understand many things any more since we are on the atomic inferno. There is no come back any more for human beings. Anything is now too late!
There were native Bikini women who refused to evacuate the atolls near the U.S. nuke tests...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

...that not only survived the radioactive fallout, but went on to live healthy lives and bear healthy, normal babies.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7690
Mar 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that they had the right to do anything like that. I think that ridiculing them, their IQ, or mental health because of something that is basically a difference in opinion is going a little overboard though.
So the whole God/No-God thing is basically just a difference of opinion? The huge body of (hard won) knowledge generated by science against the deafening silence of the gods boils down to a coin toss? Somebody needs to do a little more home work. You really have to do some serious trivializing of our scientific endeavor and amplify the hell out of the hallucinations of ancient goat-herds to place the two 'world views' on the same level. To do so DOES open you up for ridicule, gives good reason to question your IQ and places your mental health in serious doubt.

How long do you have to 'study science' for one's opinion of it's veracity to count? How much of the principals and products of science do you understand? For instance, can you set the Record Timer on your DVR? Does resetting a digital clock send you into paroxysms of terror? Can you explain how an internal combustion engine works? How about the aerodynamic principals that keep an aircraft aloft?

It's really not necessary to 'know' all these things to function in our society.(Un)fortunately, some of us are driven to understand them at the most minute level. Others dismiss the functioning of our technology as little more than magic. So we end up with people who seek understanding and those who cling to magic and I'm sorry, but there is a huge difference in the 'weight' one should assign their various opinions. They are NOT the same and they are NOT equal.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7691
Mar 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

... Jeepers ... principles!!!'Course I never got along that great with "principals" either.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7692
Mar 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Religious bigots attack, restrain, lord over and even kill those for simply not following their imaginary friend and you think mocking these beasts for their bigotry and stupidity is going overboard?
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that they had the right to do anything like that. I think that ridiculing them, their IQ, or mental health because of something that is basically a difference in opinion is going a little overboard though.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7693
Mar 29, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Not approve of but remind Christians in America that when they try to force Christianity down people's throats in public that they must also allow pagans, Wiccan and other non Christian religions to have equal time.

The Christholes don't like that.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What cracks me up are the posters who say things like, "I consider most sorts of supernatural entities possible - all but the logically impossible.(Christian) Most metaphysical speculations are possible - like the existence of ghosts, for example. Why can't one ghost - Jehovah - Jesus - can be excluded. I do not know enough about other gods to comment on them being possible." - IANS

Apparently only the Christian ghost's existence is impossible. I notice they have no problem accepting other pagan beliefs and heap scorn on people who call themselves witches, that "religion" being a "sequel" to Christianity. What a hoot it is watching an atheist approve of a devil worshipper or tree humper's beliefs. ;)

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7694
Mar 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Yes that does sound pretty stupid and does not pertain to what I said. I have no idea why you would say such idiocy.
It absolutely pertains to what you said. If you can not prove something doesn't exist, then you must believe it is possible it does exist. Thus this is the way with the magical leprechaun with the dachshund in his nose and your God.
Lil Ticked wrote:
Mutliverse, string theory, anad what is in the gooey center of a black hole are all akin to religion in their provability as of yet. Among numerous other things.
These are theories that best fit the available evidence based on how we understand the universe works at present time. They are much more useful than the "Gawd diddit with pixie dust" thesis.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7695
Mar 29, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Givemeliberty wrote:
Religious bigots attack, restrain, lord over and even kill those for simply not following their imaginary friend and you think mocking these beasts for their bigotry and stupidity is going overboard?
<quoted text>
Atheist Lenin and Trotsky killed three million.
Need to research your facts and divide from atheist talking points.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7696
Mar 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>KittenKoder has.
Have they? Provide proof of this.
You cannot because they have only mentioned it, they haven't said they believe in it.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7697
Mar 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist Lenin and Trotsky killed three million.
Need to research your facts and divide from atheist talking points.
Whenever you people bring that up, you always lose.
For right away, one (such as I) will retort by asking you of Hitler, a Christian, and of those who killed millions in the Inquisition.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7700
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

http://www.falseislam.org/

https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/nowsyrialatestnew...

Religious minorities have not “flourished” under Islam. In fact, they have dwindled to mere shadows after centuries of persecution and discrimination. Some were converted from their native religion by brute force, others under the agonizing strain of dhimmitude.

What Muslims call “tolerance,” others correctly identify as institutionalized discrimination. The consignment of Jews and Christians to dhimmis under Islamic rule means that they are not allowed the same religious rights and freedoms as Muslims. They cannot share their faith, for example, or build houses of worship without permission.

Historically, dhimmis have often had to wear distinguishing clothing or cut their hair in a particular manner that indicates their position of inferiority and humiliation. They do not share the same legal rights as Muslims, and must even pay a poll tax (the jizya). They are to be killed or have their children taken from them if they cannot satisfy the tax collector’s requirements.

For hundreds of years, the Christian population in occupied Europe had their sons taken away and forcibly converted into Muslim warriors (known as Jannisaries) by the Ottoman Turks.

It is under this burden of discrimination and third-class status that so many religious minorities converted to Islam over the centuries. Those who didn’t often faced economic and social hardships that persist to this day and are appalling by Western standards of true religious tolerance and pluralism.

For those who are not “the People of the Book,” such as Hindus and atheists, there is very little tolerance to be found once Islam establishes political superiority. The Quran tells Muslims to “fight in the way of Allah” until “religion is only for Allah.” The conquered populations face death if they do not establish regular prayer and charity in the Islamic tradition (ie. the pillars of Islam).

Tamerlane and other Muslim warriors slaughtered tens of millions of Hindus and Buddhists, and displaced or forcibly converted millions more over the last thousand years. Islamists in Somalia behead Christians. In Iran, they are jailed.

One of the great ironies of Islam is that non-Muslims are to be treated according to the very standards by which Muslims themselves would claim the right to violent self-defense were the shoe on the other foot. Islam is its own justification. Most Muslims therefore feel no need to explain the ingrained arrogance and double standard.
You gotta be kidding

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7701
Mar 31, 2013
 
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Plants don't need oxygen to live, they need Carbon Dioxide, ninny. Oxygen is a waste by product of plants.
Wow you are stupid Carbon Dioxide CO2 contains carbon and oxygen, You are one very stupid evolutionist. Like the rest you are ignorant and brainwashed.
You gotta be kidding

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7702
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you've fallen for the brainwashing.
You've fallen big time.
Two famous sayings to consider.
1) Give me control of the school text books and I will control the nation
2) We need to teach the theory of evolution to children as fact as young as possible.

Ok now you put the two together and you get the evolutionary brainwashing going on today. Myths and lies being taught as truth.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7703
Mar 31, 2013
 
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Two famous sayings to consider.
1) Give me control of the school text books and I will control the nation
2) We need to teach the theory of evolution to children as fact as young as possible.
Ok now you put the two together and you get the evolutionary brainwashing going on today. Myths and lies being taught as truth.
We could teach the babies the buybull truth. I am all for telling every Sunday school claas that their parents had better be good or god will make them cook and eat thier children. Either the children would be running and screaming from the class or they would become tiny Jewsus's Gestapo, intent on catching their parents not obeying the lard.
Thinking

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7704
Mar 31, 2013
 
Nob off fuckstain.
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you are stupid Carbon Dioxide CO2 contains carbon and oxygen, You are one very stupid evolutionist. Like the rest you are ignorant and brainwashed.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7705
Mar 31, 2013
 
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>We could teach the babies the buybull truth. I am all for telling every Sunday school claas that their parents had better be good or god will make them cook and eat thier children. Either the children would be running and screaming from the class or they would become tiny Jewsus's Gestapo, intent on catching their parents not obeying the lard.
You love the lard and it got you a fat fanny.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7706
Mar 31, 2013
 
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>So the whole God/No-God thing is basically just a difference of opinion? The huge body of (hard won) knowledge generated by science against the deafening silence of the gods boils down to a coin toss? Somebody needs to do a little more home work. You really have to do some serious trivializing of our scientific endeavor and amplify the hell out of the hallucinations of ancient goat-herds to place the two 'world views' on the same level. To do so DOES open you up for ridicule, gives good reason to question your IQ and places your mental health in serious doubt.

How long do you have to 'study science' for one's opinion of it's veracity to count? How much of the principals and products of science do you understand? For instance, can you set the Record Timer on your DVR? Does resetting a digital clock send you into paroxysms of terror? Can you explain how an internal combustion engine works? How about the aerodynamic principals that keep an aircraft aloft?

It's really not necessary to 'know' all these things to function in our society.(Un)fortunately, some of us are driven to understand them at the most minute level. Others dismiss the functioning of our technology as little more than magic. So we end up with people who seek understanding and those who cling to magic and I'm sorry, but there is a huge difference in the 'weight' one should assign their various opinions. They are NOT the same and they are NOT equal.
Have you done any fishing lately?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7707
Mar 31, 2013
 
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you done any fishing lately?
Nope, but going up to Toledo Bend Reservoir next weekend where I intend to wet a hook.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7708
Mar 31, 2013
 
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, but going up to Toledo Bend Reservoir next weekend where I intend to wet a hook.
Outstanding! I need to go out, cast a line and drink some cold beer!

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7709
Mar 31, 2013
 
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, but going up to Toledo Bend Reservoir next weekend where I intend to wet a hook.
I've never been there.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7710
Mar 31, 2013
 
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Outstanding! I need to go out, cast a line and drink some cold beer!
My intention exactly!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,421 - 7,440 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr bmz 193,613
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 10 hr Grumpy Guy 59
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Fri Jumper The Wise 75
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... Fri Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Fri Lmhw 9
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... (Oct '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 5
•••
•••
•••
•••