Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14736 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7555 Mar 27, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is growing because "I don't know" is too dificult for some people to admit. Atheism is as dogmatic and narrow-minded most religions.
The claim to know an absolute one way or the other is insane. Maybe you should concern yourself less with god and move on to something of substance.
Actually "I don't know" is not difficult to say.
I don't know many things, just as many others don't know many things.

Atheists are not afraid to admit they don't know something. It's the creationists and highly religious like yourself who never say you don't know, only telling stories of mythology in order to explain things.

How are we here?
Atheists: "We don't know, but we can't look into religion, for there's no evidence of a god."
Religious people: "We know everything, we know how we were created and everything just because we believe in a god."

You don't know anything when you claim you know because of god.
The difference between atheism and religion is that one (atheism) doesn't claim to know everything, while the other (religion) has different myths to try and explain every single thing.

"Goddidit" is not an explanation, it is not knowledge. I could equally just say luck did it, to every single topic.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7556 Mar 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He appears to have been cursed with foresight. The poor are still here.
Not exactly going out on a limb with that prophecy. Pity Jesus'es foretold (and failed) Kingdom apparently made no provision for the poor. Not very sporting. I guess he was kind of a 'middle-class' savior, as befits his carpenter origins. Cursing the rich with a difficult entry into Heaven and offering the poor no real relief. Liberals seem to have taken up the poor's Cross, determined to make us all equal. Needs doing I guess but I am confident some of us will remain more equal than others.

Montreal

#7557 Mar 27, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=xK3VihNo_yQXX
lulz
Thank you for being irrelevant again.
You are a horrible troll.

Montreal

#7558 Mar 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>FYI, he's not religious.
FYI, his first posts on this thread say otherwise.
Oh, and his jabs at atheism.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#7559 Mar 27, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly, just like the belief in a god, opinions are neither right nor wrong.
If I had the opinion that 2+2=5, that opinion is 100% wrong, you stupid creationist f*ck, who couldn't argue your way out of a paper bag. But will you admit your stupidity now that it is plain for everyone to see? of course not.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I may seem to be, in your opinion, a c*nt to some others I may not.
Nope, definitely 100% cu*t. You can't take the fact that your ridiculous cult gets sh*t on every single day and so you try to post random youtube links to break up the thread on purpose.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion carries no more or less weight than anyone else's. Other than your is wrong.
Atheism is based on facts. At the moment, there are no facts for god and there is plenty of evidence against it.

If you disagree with the facts it is your responsibility to present some hard facts, instead of stupid youtube videos and inane bullsh*t.

You are basically a cowardly theist with no morals and no spine.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#7560 Mar 27, 2013
Well wait a minute. There either is a god or there isn't yes? While honest people will claim being agnostic as to knowledge of his existence, you still have to decide to actively believe in god/s or not. The default position for the reasonable is to not believe until observable proof is given, be it leprechauns, Bigfoot, Voltron, gnomes or god.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly, just like the belief in a god, opinions are neither right nor wrong. Where I may seem to be, in your opinion, a c*nt to some others I may not. Your opinion carries no more or less weight than anyone else's. Other than your is wrong.

Montreal

#7561 Mar 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Well wait a minute. There either is a god or there isn't yes? While honest people will claim being agnostic as to knowledge of his existence, you still have to decide to actively believe in god/s or not. The default position for the reasonable is to not believe until observable proof is given, be it leprechauns, Bigfoot, Voltron, gnomes or god.
Ticked likes to pretend he's not religious, but then turns around and says he's not atheist. Can't be agnostic because he's choosing to attack people for their beliefs and you can't do that when you're unsure of your own.

Texas, USA

#7562 Mar 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually "I don't know" is not difficult to say.
I don't know many things, just as many others don't know many things.
Atheists are not afraid to admit they don't know something. It's the creationists and highly religious like yourself who never say you don't know, only telling stories of mythology in order to explain things.
How are we here?
Atheists: "We don't know, but we can't look into religion, for there's no evidence of a god."
Religious people: "We know everything, we know how we were created and everything just because we believe in a god."
You don't know anything when you claim you know because of god.
The difference between atheism and religion is that one (atheism) doesn't claim to know everything, while the other (religion) has different myths to try and explain every single thing.
"Goddidit" is not an explanation, it is not knowledge. I could equally just say luck did it, to every single topic.
This Atheist thinks we have a pretty good handle on the "how are we here" question. The missing pieces will fall into place in due time. Presuming, of course, that we prevail in our efforts to keep the Religionists from returning us to the Stone Age. As for 'why we are here' the answer is much simpler ... to eat, drink and make merry ... oh and ... pass your Naturally Selected DNA up for future generations to enjoy. If, for some reason, you need more than that you can always go suck the pablum at your local church, synagogue or mosque. Keeps 'em out of the way and they can eventually provides a nice grease for the wheels of progress.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#7563 Mar 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well wait a minute. There either is a god or there isn't yes? While honest people will claim being agnostic as to knowledge of his existence, you still have to decide to actively believe in god/s or not. The default position for the reasonable is to not believe until observable proof is given, be it leprechauns, Bigfoot, Voltron, gnomes or god.
<quoted text>
I bet you Lil Ticked is one of those idiot meta philosophy wank*rs.

The people who think everything is open to interpretation. They even arrogantly believe Science is a part of "Sciencism".

These people are like a disease I tell you. the problem is they never asses their "meta" bias.

The very way their view the world - open to interpretation, is in fact - open to interpretation.

Thereby completely collapsing this ignorant fence-sitters squat into oblivion.

Texas, USA

#7564 Mar 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
I somehow feel reasonably honest without the need for ambivalence.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#7565 Mar 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it have to be one or the other? If it is, as of yet unprovable, then why choose an absolute?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#7566 Mar 27, 2013
It is too easy to expose the ego and bigotry in these forums.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#7567 Mar 27, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Agree

Texas, USA

#7568 Mar 27, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Typical egotistical bigot's remark.

Texas, USA

#7569 Mar 27, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it have to be one or the other? If it is, as of yet unprovable, then why choose an absolute?
Because people take those tiny seeds of doubt and try to grow religions from them.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#7570 Mar 27, 2013
I'll take your post as a forward looking statement then.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
They are sadly under-utilized.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#7571 Mar 27, 2013
As in they will have sex with either gender of bear, but it has to be white.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Bipolar then?

Montreal

#7572 Mar 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>This Atheist thinks we have a pretty good handle on the "how are we here" question. The missing pieces will fall into place in due time. Presuming, of course, that we prevail in our efforts to keep the Religionists from returning us to the Stone Age. As for 'why we are here' the answer is much simpler ... to eat, drink and make merry ... oh and ... pass your Naturally Selected DNA up for future generations to enjoy. If, for some reason, you need more than that you can always go suck the pablum at your local church, synagogue or mosque. Keeps 'em out of the way and they can eventually provides a nice grease for the wheels of progress.
My point was just that we can admit we don't know something, whereas religious folk tend to just say "god did it."
A better example: we don't know how many universes there are, we can make educated guesses, but that's about it.

Montreal

#7573 Mar 27, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
So where is this bigotry?
You're using words you don't understand again.

The ego?
I think your beat us there.
Who's the one saying that everyone is stupid but doesn't believe not disbelieve in a deity?

Texas, USA

#7574 Mar 27, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is growing because "I don't know" is too dificult for some people to admit. Atheism is as dogmatic and narrow-minded most religions.
The claim to know an absolute one way or the other is insane. Maybe you should concern yourself less with god and move on to something of substance.
What?!? What drives people insane is finding gods under every rock and monsters under every bed. Such people have filled the World with gods and demons, ghosts and goblins. Atheist's buck the trend and it's a cold, thankless and often dangerous undertaking. One thing's for certain "I don't know" ain't any kind of an answer. People that "don't know" best do less talking and more listening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug 14 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug 7 Trump Rules Zippy 9
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul '17 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul '17 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun '17 just sayin 3
More from around the web