Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14671 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7180 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
100% incorrect the oldest known tree is about 4000 years old fitting in the flood account well.
Wrong.... again

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7181 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So show us a recent source claiming that Pluto is a planet?
I know what your response will be already, you'll say it's true and present no evidence or links. Then you'll continue to pretend that intelligent people actually debate it.
It's in his magic atlas which he keeps next to his jewish bibull.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7182 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Dated by carbon dating inaccurate not even close to real.
Wrong .... again.

You failed science in primary school didn't you?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7183 Mar 10, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! That's another problem. Around 6,000 years ago, large thriving city populations developed in the Middle East river basins.
Perhaps they were the first to invent wetsuits.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7184 Mar 10, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, carbon dating is very accurate. You don't have any idea what you are talking about.
What gave that away?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7185 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I call POE.
What you too?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7186 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxygen comes stars.
Ooops typo alert:-

Oxygen comes from stars.

Sorry.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#7187 Mar 10, 2013
You will have those RNs with with I love Jesus buttons lol.

I retired from a Hospital in the bible belt and more and more people were getting away from belief in god. The younger staff especially Docs are moving away from religion.
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. And what's sad is that the majority of healthcare workers don't believe in evolution.

Lexington, KY

#7188 Mar 10, 2013
Ditto.
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I call POE.

Lexington, KY

#7189 Mar 10, 2013
Change your screen name and tone it down, nobody is buying tht you are really this stupid.
<quoted text>
Now that is the biggest lie I have heard all day. Evolution does not = science. Life form a puddle what a joke, if it were try we would have things crawling out of the worlds oceans ever day.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#7190 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeffrey Dahmer was an atheist in good standing, and sitting for a meal.
So, that is meaningless in this context. He didn't have a god instructing him to chow down on his own children, as the Christain god would, did he?

And we all know, that none of you believe in your own god. What the bible claims him to be, you all pretend he isn't. Even now you are passing the buck, rather than face the issue. Does it embarrass you to kneel before such a turd as Jehovah is?

And speaking of turds, have you tried your god's own recipe for Dung Barley Cakes?

Earth,TX

#7191 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
So you don't know how to read an atlas, it makes sense stupid.
Just exactly which atlas is it, that lists all the planets?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#7192 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You will have those RNs with with I love Jesus buttons lol.
I retired from a Hospital in the bible belt and more and more people were getting away from belief in god. The younger staff especially Docs are moving away from religion.
<quoted text>
I've seen the same trend over the past 23 years. but religion is stiil pretty rampant. I too am in the Bible belt.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#7193 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, Mr. Wahhabi, Keep your despotic religious bullshit in the mind control shit-hole country you are posting from. We have enough problems with christian creationist fruitcakes as it is,without us pandering to your toxic garbage.
How much people love your Sweet Mouth?

Did I touch any of your Nerve?

Earth,TX

#7194 Mar 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where you from boy?"
"Texas, SIR!"
"Only two things come out of Texas, steers and....."
Sorry, couldn't resist.:)
Maybe you ought to tell us where heaven and hell are hidden. We all know that since the Tower of Babel, the god is on extra secure lockdown, because man can build a tower that will access heaven, and the god is freaked by that. Now helicopters and airplanes really don't exist right, because if they do the god can't.

The existence of flying machines have many hundreds of thousands of times breeched heavens gates, and quite literally blew them away.

Lexington, KY

#7195 Mar 10, 2013
I was lucky enough to work with people who would 99% of the time sigh and roll their eyes if you mentioned god,church,creationism in any way shape or form at work.
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen the same trend over the past 23 years. but religion is stiil pretty rampant. I too am in the Bible belt.

Earth,TX

#7196 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
ERROR 1:“using the differences in brightness to show the differences in distance” who is to say they present the same luminosity.
ERROR 2:” we can make sure that the stars are of intrinsically the same brightness by making sure they are at the same temperature” Temperature is defined by colour, colour is defined by the type of gas burning to make the colour, no comparison can accurately be made by colour unless the exact gas type and concentration is known.(Have you been there to tale a sample?)
ERROR 3:“determined by which elements are emitting light at what wavelengths” see above for explanation
ERROR 4:“because we saw a supernova (an exploding star) and watched its reflection from nearby gas clouds” that same light would have taken too many light years to reach earth to measure in our time so you are using speculation and extrapolation not factual measurement.
ERROR 5:“? It is all consistent with a distance and time of 160,000 years, and definitely NOT consistent with a time of less than 10,000 years” as I stated GOD put the stars in the heavens for us to use in various ways He would not have put them there without showing us their light or they would have been useless to us. So 6000 years is perfectly feasible.
ERROR 6:“Conclusion: The Bible is wrong” no the BIBLE is not wrong you are.
So many obvious errors in one such small post you really should do better than that.
Then like the bible says, your god really did get his azz whooped by the iron chariot?

Since: May 11

UK

#7197 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
If it takes 4.468 billion years for Uranium 238 to decay and form the daughter product of Thorium 234 it has never been observed or measured so it cannot be a defined as fact. It is speculation and extrapolation not fact
ahh I see, you suffer from the mental illness they call:

"Everything exists(and is possible no matter how unlikely) which supports my god until proven otherwise" You simply exist to make excuses for the lawd, it`s your...raison d'être.

Talking to you is a pointless pursuit, you`re a liar, a poe, mental and/or all of the above.

ta-ta.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7198 Mar 11, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
ahh I see, you suffer from the mental illness they call:
"Everything exists(and is possible no matter how unlikely) which supports my god until proven otherwise" You simply exist to make excuses for the lawd, it`s your...raison d'être.
Talking to you is a pointless pursuit, you`re a liar, a poe, mental and/or all of the above.
ta-ta.
D. All of the above.

But then aren't all godbots.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#7199 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>Far to many "thinks" and "believes" in there to be fact.
Yeah, sure.

Religion is all "believes" and no "thinks".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 18 min Dragnet52 228,517
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Jul 31 thetruth 42
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jul 24 skylar 108
Shadows and sounds Jul 23 Dizy 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Jul '15 Pam 11
News What is Asatru? (Dec '10) Jul '15 ex pagan 2
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun '15 Drake_Burrwood 1
More from around the web