Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#7020 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
We JEWS had our BIBLE long before your RCC perversion was dreamed up by anyone.
There was no bible before the 5th century. There was Hebrew Scripture, the Pentateuch, and Torah to name a few; no Bible.

Since: May 11

Brighton, UK

#7021 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not use the real number of the Middle East where it all happened, the 1950 and 1960 were still a time of decline in human birth rates world wide. You are narrowly focused on your own backyard. Do you even know there is a world out there.
I do and I would even go so far as to say that 10000 years BCE the global population was 4million people.

At the time of the alleged flood it was 12 million people, but you can`t cancel everyone out except 8 and then recover to have functioning civilisations all over the globe in 300 years.

...but you can keep entertaining me with fantastic stories if you like. lol
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7022 Mar 10, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. We can measure, by various methods how far away other galaxies are. For example, the Large Magellanic Cloud is about 160,000 light years away. We can verify this by looking at the brightness of the individual stars in that galaxy and comparing them to stars that are closer and using the differences in brightness to show the differences in distance. In doing so, we can make sure that the stars are of intrinsically the same brightness by making sure they are at the same temperature (determined by which elements are emitting light at what wavelengths).
Furthermore, we can tell that the speed of light is the same now as 160,000 years ago because we saw a supernova (an exploding star) and watched its reflection from nearby gas clouds. The time it took for that reflection shows how long it took light to travel between the nova and the gas clouds. We can measure how far the two are away from each other by actually looking through out telescopes.
The point? It is all consistent with a distance and time of 160,000 years, and definitely NOT consistent with a time of less than 10,000 years.
Conclusion: The Bible is wrong.
ERROR 1:“using the differences in brightness to show the differences in distance” who is to say they present the same luminosity.
ERROR 2:” we can make sure that the stars are of intrinsically the same brightness by making sure they are at the same temperature” Temperature is defined by colour, colour is defined by the type of gas burning to make the colour, no comparison can accurately be made by colour unless the exact gas type and concentration is known.(Have you been there to tale a sample?)
ERROR 3:“determined by which elements are emitting light at what wavelengths” see above for explanation
ERROR 4:“because we saw a supernova (an exploding star) and watched its reflection from nearby gas clouds” that same light would have taken too many light years to reach earth to measure in our time so you are using speculation and extrapolation not factual measurement.
ERROR 5:“? It is all consistent with a distance and time of 160,000 years, and definitely NOT consistent with a time of less than 10,000 years” as I stated GOD put the stars in the heavens for us to use in various ways He would not have put them there without showing us their light or they would have been useless to us. So 6000 years is perfectly feasible.
ERROR 6:“Conclusion: The Bible is wrong” no the BIBLE is not wrong you are.
So many obvious errors in one such small post you really should do better than that.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7023 Mar 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.etymonline.com/inde x.php?term=bible
<quoted text>
The word "Bible" is from "ta biblia".
Bible (n.)
early 14c., from Anglo-Latin biblia, Old French bible (13c.) "the Bible," also any large book generally, from Medieval and Late Latin biblia (neuter plural interpreted as feminine singular), in phrase biblia sacra "holy books," a translation of Greek ta biblia to hagia "the holy books," from Greek biblion "paper, scroll," the ordinary word for "book," originally a diminutive of byblos "Egyptian papyrus," possibly so called from Byblos (modern Jebeil, Lebanon), the name of the Phoenician port from which Egyptian papyrus was exported to Greece (cf. parchment). Or the place name might be from the Greek word, which then would be probably of Egyptian origin. The Christian scripture was referred to in Greek as Ta Biblia as early as c.223. Bible replaced Old English biblioðece (see bibliothek) as the ordinary word for "the Scriptures."
Yes I know but the Tanach was there long before the BIBLE.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#7024 Mar 10, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I do and I would even go so far as to say that 10000 years BCE the global population was 4million people.
At the time of the alleged flood it was 12 million people, but you can`t cancel everyone out except 8 and then recover to have functioning civilisations all over the globe in 300 years.
...but you can keep entertaining me with fantastic stories if you like. lol
The roots of the Bible are in the birth of civilization in the area between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. This occurred around 6,000 years ago.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7025 Mar 10, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief is irrelevant.
Light travels at a definite speed. The distance is measurable, quantifiable and verifiable. You are welcome to your delusions about the Bible, but please don't expect intelligent people to join you.
If intelligence is measured and defined by ignoring the obvious facts then you are more than welcome to it.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7026 Mar 10, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no bible before the 5th century. There was Hebrew Scripture, the Pentateuch, and Torah to name a few; no Bible.
You are oh so very stupid, the Pentateuch and Torah are the same thing you fool. The Tanach is the Hebrew scripture. The BIBLE is just the name for a collection of book.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7027 Mar 10, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I do and I would even go so far as to say that 10000 years BCE the global population was 4million people.
At the time of the alleged flood it was 12 million people, but you can`t cancel everyone out except 8 and then recover to have functioning civilisations all over the globe in 300 years.
...but you can keep entertaining me with fantastic stories if you like. lol
Your first error is to presume there was a 10000 BCE there was no. You second error is to try to calculate the population grown on modern figures as you have been doing very inaccurate and non-representative of historical figures.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7028 Mar 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckle....funny...movie trivia time....what movie was that from?
Full Metal Jacket
Officer and a Gentleman

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7029 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>As a wise man once said "Stupid is as stupid does", or on your case "stupid is as stupid posts".

Carry on making yourself look stupid it is fun to watch you degrading yourself like this.
Hey, you're the one asking people to evi-dance.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7030 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't know how to read an atlas, it makes sense stupid.
You keep refusing to answer this simple question that my 14 year old sister could answer:
How many planets are in our solar system?

If you refuse to answer again, you obviously don't know how many planets are even in THIS solar system.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7031 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you're the one asking people to evi-dance.
Get real fool.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7032 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>Get real fool.
So you didn't say "evidance"?
You're horrible at lying and even worse at keeping your story straight.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7033 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep refusing to answer this simple question that my 14 year old sister could answer:
How many planets are in our solar system?
If you refuse to answer again, you obviously don't know how many planets are even in THIS solar system.
Well I guess you obviously cannot use an atlas so let me educate you.

There are 9 planets in our solar system, although there is debate as to weather to include Pluto as a planet or even to include some of the larger moon of other planets as actual planets. Recent trending is that there may be another planet further out than Pluto. The actual number is debated by many in science.

It is so sad that you need me to educate you or are you perhaps younger that your 14 your sister and too shy to ask her.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7034 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So you didn't say "evidance"?
You're horrible at lying and even worse at keeping your story straight.
Get real fool.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7035 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You are oh so very stupid, the Pentateuch and Torah are the same thing you fool. The Tanach is the Hebrew scripture. The BIBLE is just the name for a collection of book.
Books, a collection of books. Each faith tradition has a different bible, each containing a different number of books. There is no one bible.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#7036 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You are oh so very stupid, the Pentateuch and Torah are the same thing you fool. The Tanach is the Hebrew scripture. The BIBLE is just the name for a collection of book.
They are most certainly not the same. The Pentateuch is a Greek translation of Torah which makes it different. The Bible contains many more books than the first five books of Hebrew Scripture.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7037 Mar 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Books, a collection of books. Each faith tradition has a different bible, each containing a different number of books. There is no one bible.
The BIBLE is a word used for the sacred books of the Christian churches and the Hebrew BIBLE is the used as a modern term for the Hebrew Tanach. No other religion has until very recently used the term BIBLE for their religious books.

The term BIBLE has in recent years become used for any book of instruction, in an attempt to degrade its true meaning.

Since: May 11

Brighton, UK

#7038 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first error is to presume there was a 10000 BCE there was no. You second error is to try to calculate the population grown on modern figures as you have been doing very inaccurate and non-representative of historical figures.
You don`t think there was a 10 thousand BC? Why is that? LOL

300 years is not sufficient time for 8 people to propagate enough `other` people over the ENTIRE GLOBE to enable the functioning civilisations which existed at the time...to exist.

Ergo:- your global flood didn`t happen, and like the rest of your 16th century book of social control, it just doesn`t make any sense.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#7039 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
The BIBLE is a word used for the sacred books of the Christian churches and the Hebrew BIBLE is the used as a modern term for the Hebrew Tanach. No other religion has until very recently used the term BIBLE for their religious books.
The term BIBLE has in recent years become used for any book of instruction, in an attempt to degrade its true meaning.
It is called Hebrew Scripture. There is no Hebrew Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 5 hr Thinking 256,018
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 3 Eagle 12 4,907
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Nov 25 Jillifitz 115
News Paganism no better than Atheism (May '10) Nov 17 Amused 30
News Why All Jews Should Hate Halloween - And So Sho... Oct '16 Hecate 1
Beauty spell worked last year but not anymore Oct '16 Prettyicy 1
Wiccan Coven Secrets Anyone? Oct '16 Julius the Jules 1
More from around the web