Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6850 Mar 8, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hard you have to try to deceive, let me correct you one again, GOD made everything it happened about 6000 years ago, it was perfect, it became corrupted by man. Had man followed GOD and his Torah there would be no cancer.
ONCE AGAIN GOD DID NOT CREATE CANCER IT IS A PRODUCT OF OUR ENVIRONMENT AND DIET, to extrapolate you claim evolution made everything including Cancer as a follower and believer in evolution that makes you responsible for child hood cancer.
To recap GOD MADE EVERYTHING man corrupted the lot.
Well it is now official, you are a complete idiot.

I call POE.

BTW If "To recap GOD MADE EVERYTHING man corrupted the lot." how did man corrupt Mars?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6851 Mar 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Look it's obvious you are mocking religious people with your Poe act but for real you are laying it on a little too thick. Nobody is that stupid so maybe just reel it in a little bit so you are more believable okay?
<quoted text>
I only mock the religions of evolutionism and darwinism, some I just feel sorry for. You are a lost case no hope at all. You cant even interpret my posts.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6852 Mar 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't. It proves that change and mutation occur. That is evolution by definition. Speciation occurs when there is enough genetic difference between the mating pairs that either mating can not occur or the joined zygotes can not survive. It is as simple as that.
I agree change and mutation occur but neither have ever sprung a new species. Cancer is a mutation, a sun tan is change none founded a new species.

So by your definition of evolution no new species ever evolved so they were created and have displayed their inbuilt ability to adapt to the environment. I agree that is GOD's creation.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6853 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
You posted a link to some skulls human no......
Dino bones only prove that they died not their age........
The creation account in the BIBLE is not a story prove there were people around more than 6000 years ago......
The BIBLE says the world is 6000 years old you sat it is about 4.5 billion years give or tale a few billion you have been disproven the BIBLE is right you are not.......
So where's your proof?
Where's your proof besides a few pages of written word?

Also, you never answered the question: how many planets are there?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6854 Mar 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I said it was not determined *to that accuracy*. All scientific measurements and results have error bars. Typically, those error bars are percentages of the main result. So, for example, the age of the earth is 4.54+-.05 billion years. That is an error range of 1%. There is *zero* chance the age is as small as 6000, or even 2 billion years.
<quoted text>
Sorry, you will have to deal with 99.999999%.
[<quoted text>
Sorry, but that is how closely we can measure it. it is definitely NOT less than 1 million years old.
<quoted text>
You don't seem to understand enough about how science, or even measurement, is done to debate this intelligently. When you measure a person's height and gets, say 71", is that an *exact* value? No, of course not. It can be off by as much as 1/4". But, even though it is uncertain what the *precise* height is, it is not at all uncertain that the height is not 5". The same thing happens with the age of the Earth or the age of the universe.
Only guess work science deals with such errors, not real science, let me give you an example form my work. There are many different types of tissue in the human body, there are even more in a carnivore in the wild (Cheater in this study) how ever there are more proteins that are required by the different tissues in the human body to survive, Now if I applied your argument to my study and placed a error on my work I could easily say that both species need the same proteins and amino acids to survive, thus rendering my study invalid.
Ok now prove you age of 5.4 billion years +/- a few billion because you don't really know.
If I measured a persons height with a stick of unknown measurement then you would be right however if I used a precession laser I could get it to within 0.005 of a micron, for all intents and purposes exact. No error, now you measure the age of the earth.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6855 Mar 8, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So where's your proof?
Where's your proof besides a few pages of written word?
Also, you never answered the question: how many planets are there?
The exact number of planets I do not know I never said that I did. Nor did I ever claim to know.

As for the age of the earth there is enough proof in the time line in the BIBLE that they are correct.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6856 Mar 8, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is now official, you are a complete idiot.
I call POE.
BTW If "To recap GOD MADE EVERYTHING man corrupted the lot." how did man corrupt Mars?
Once again I presume you knew what we were talking abotu perhaps I give you too much credit for being able to read and comprehend, by the way as for Mars yes we have begun to currupt it by sending space junk there.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6857 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
That does not show in my work, you know nothign about me at all, as you just proved again.
Actually we already know more you about you than you think. Each of your posts demonstrates your utter ignorance of Biology, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Geology, Cosmology, Geophysics, Evolution, Mathematics, History, Physics, Logic and the bibull.

In short you are just another raving godbot.

And you don't know how to use the spell checker which is also common among godbots.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6858 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Once again I presume you knew what we were talking abotu perhaps I give you too much credit for being able to read and comprehend, by the way as for Mars yes we have begun to currupt it by sending space junk there.
But you said god made everything and "man corrupted the lot"

Make up your mind you can't have it both ways, come on now make up you mind.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6859 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
The exact number of planets I do not know I never said that I did. Nor did I ever claim to know.
As for the age of the earth there is enough proof in the time line in the BIBLE that they are correct.
How old are you exactly, what you don't know? Then you must not exist.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6860 Mar 8, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we already know more you about you than you think. Each of your posts demonstrates your utter ignorance of Biology, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Geology, Cosmology, Geophysics, Evolution, Mathematics, History, Physics, Logic and the bibull.
In short you are just another raving godbot.
And you don't know how to use the spell checker which is also common among godbots.
What is the bibull and what is a godbots. Or can you not spell.

As for the science you only think you know that of me odd are against you in a huge way. Your problem is that you have been so brainwashed by your education (if you have one) you are so closed minded that you cannot see anything passed what you have been brainwashed to see. and what they change that you need re-education, sorry brainwashing) to see their points again.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6861 Mar 8, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
But you said god made everything and "man corrupted the lot"
Make up your mind you can't have it both ways, come on now make up you mind.
Once again your lack of comprehension is astounding, get an education.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6862 Mar 8, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you exactly, what you don't know? Then you must not exist.
I am exactly 47years, 127days, 16hours 45min ans a few second old why do you ask.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#6863 Mar 8, 2013
I hugged a bunch of Atheists today!

Thanks for all the support from the posters on topix for making 'Hug an Atheist Day' so succsessful!

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6864 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
What is the bibull and what is a godbots. Or can you not spell.
As for the science you only think you know that of me odd are against you in a huge way. Your problem is that you have been so brainwashed by your education (if you have one) you are so closed minded that you cannot see anything passed what you have been brainwashed to see. and what they change that you need re-education, sorry brainwashing) to see their points again.
Then according to you, only the uneducated know anything. Humm, in that case you know must everything!!!

I call POE again.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6865 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Once again your lack of comprehension is astounding, get an education.
It's your words you don't understand.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6866 Mar 8, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
I hugged a bunch of Atheists today!
Thanks for all the support from the posters on topix for making 'Hug an Atheist Day' so successful!
You better be careful you might catch something, like stupidity or ignorance .
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6867 Mar 8, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Then according to you, only the uneducated know anything. Humm, in that case you know must everything!!!
I call POE again.
No, I would not say that because that would mean that I might think you actually know something more than copy and paste.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6868 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I am exactly 47years, 127days, 16hours 45min ans a few second old why do you ask.
That's is not exact therefore you don't exist.

You said because we don't the exact age of the Verse or the Earth our science wrong

By the same logic, because you do not and can not know your exact age you do not exist.

Please try and keep up you are making this too easy.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6869 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
You better be careful you might catch something, like stupidity or ignorance .
We have no intention of touching you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Paul 211,858
Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb 19 Hammer 4
'Monotheism inevitable but wasn't a break with ... Feb 12 Joe W 9
A new guard for Asgard: Iceland building first ... Feb 3 freethinkradio do... 1
Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, Bible says ... (Jun '08) Jan '15 true fact 81
"Juggalos" Speak Out After Arson Arrests (Sep '07) Jan '15 Hillbilly 49
My friendly neighbourhood witches (Jul '08) Jan '15 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 454
More from around the web