Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 330)

Showing posts 6,581 - 6,600 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>If you read the posts you would know that I am not a Christian.
Whatever you are, you don't respect your bible.
In fact, you piss on it every day.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>No I have not personally counted every planet, what an utterly absurd thing to say.

If any scientist has real evidence for evolution they sure are hiding it well. No one else seems to know it.

99% of known fossils, all sedentary rock, multiple rock layers all point to the flood.

For your information the bones come from dead animals. By the way who ever said that the dinosaurs never existed?
You said dinosaurs never existed when you said the world was only 6'000 years old. Unless now you're claiming fictional Adam and Eve ran around with dinosaurs.

Give us a link to prove your claims that the flood ever happened. Of course, we all know you won't provide one.

Evolution has been proven, if you can't understand the facts, they're still facts.
Just because you're too dumb to understand them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Last, but not least:
I asked you how many planets there are...you haven't answered.
So how many planets are there?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>Ok now prove the lies you just posted. That is all I have been asking all along.
1) Post the so called evidence that proves evolution is 100% true and accurate.

2) Prove your extreme earth age to within a million years.
3) Prove man and woman were not created as stated in the BIBLE.
4) Show where any science has disproved the BIBLE.

There you have it now do it.
1. Already did, I posted a link to the oldest human skulls.
2. Dinosaur bones and the Earth's physiology prove that it's 4.5 billion years old. That's not extreme, that's what it is. What's extreme is saying your IQ is in the double digits or higher.
3. There were people before 6'000 years ago, so that entire story is just that; a story.
4. The Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old. Your bible states it is 6'000 years old. Therefore it's automatically disproven.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>
Prove the 7000BC date, is there written dated documents, NO. OK now prove your date
Prove the exodus happened.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Look it's obvious you are mocking religious people with your Poe act but for real you are laying it on a little too thick. Nobody is that stupid so maybe just reel it in a little bit so you are more believable okay?
<quoted text>
Don't be so sure about "You gotta be kidding". Every time I've thought, "Nobody could be *that* stupid!", I've been proven wrong.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

I know I know but sheesh I ahte to think someone could really be that effing stupid.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so sure about "You gotta be kidding". Every time I've thought, "Nobody could be *that* stupid!", I've been proven wrong.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is irrelevant.
Faith is what you need when you have no facts.
Gin is what you need when you have no facts

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people consider the question 'How stupid can you be?' as a challenge.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
It always amazes me when someone who believes in the literal interpretation of the Bible talks about science being based on superstition and guess work.
No, the dating techniques are based on solid science. They have to use correctly to get correct results, but that isn't a surprise. Of course, you have to understand some basics about radioactivity to understand how the dates are determined. You also need to know some basics about types of rocks and their properties. But nothing all that difficult is required if you actually want to learn. Some methods (Rubidium-Strontium) are even self-correcting.
The fact that several different methods give the same dates even though they have quite different characteristics, are based on different elements, have different rates of decay, etc, is STRONG evidence that they are correct and that the Biblical dates are simply superstitious nonsense.
<quoted text>
The complete lack of evidence for a world-wide flood is good enough proof. If a global flood had happened, it would be obvious in the geological record. Instead of flood deposits, we find everything from desert deposits, to oceanic deposits, to grasslands.
<quoted text>
Once again, a million people living for 40 years in the Sinai would be *obvious* in the archaeological record. Instead, we see nothing. There is also the little problem that the Biblical dates of exodus are impossible: Egypt controlled the land of Canaan at the time.
<quoted text>
No real science is based on superstition and guess work only evolution and all its off shoots. Real science is based on science not the guess work of man.
There has never been any two dating techniques that agreed on the exact date of anything. I challenge you to post proof of that lie.
The entire globe hold evidence to the world wide flood, from pole to pole there is evidence form rock deposits to mountains to the ocean bed trenches, even the fossil patterns and bed deposits point directly to the flood.
I am really glad there is no evidence for the exodus in the Sinai seeing as thou they were only there for a few days, the rest of the 40 years was spent in the Arabian peninsula as the BIBLE says, there you will find tons of evidence.
There are huge gaps in the history of Egypt and the fact that when the Hebrew people entered the land it was not even run by Egyptians and when they left the Egyptian army and most of its wealth were destroyed, not something that they chose to recount in their history.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are right then why does your god murder children with childhood cancers?
Does he hate children or is he just a sadist?
GOD does not murder children with cancer perhaps if you knew something about cancer you would know where it actually comes form. NOT FROM GOD.

He neither hates children nor is he a sadist.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI I was RCC and now lecture in Physics.
Hence I can tell you with absolute certainty, you know as much about science as "tea leaf knows about the history of the East Indea Company".
You will also find that most of the atheists here are exchristians and as such have not only read the bibull they understand it.
By RCC I presume you mean Roman Catholic Church the most apostate religious body in the world, that does not impress me nor does it surprise me that you do not know the GOD of the BIBLE in any way.

Not only do you underestimate my science ability you over estimate yours.

Atheist = ex-christian again no surprise, they never knew GOD as it is written , they know His name but he never knew them.
The fact that you and other never dare to spell BIBLE correctly proves that you nor them ever knew GOD.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>
GOD does not murder children with cancer perhaps if you knew something about cancer you would know where it actually comes form. NOT FROM GOD.
Yes!
free will vs determinism beyond some
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

You just did - "there".
<quoted text>
Who ever said pi was there? not me. Perhaps you lack comprehension.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>
You posted:-
<quoted text>
Read the BIBLE walk on the grass GOD created look at the eco-systems He put in place there you have evidence, while you are at it, look at the human eye, the bacterial flagellum. All created by GOD.
By your own admission evolution is a lie. THANKS
Please note:-
<quoted text>
... All created by GOD.
Therefore in your own words everything comes god.

Hence.

Childhood cancer comes from god.

Therefore.

Your god murders children.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>
By RCC I presume you mean Roman Catholic Church the most apostate religious body in the world, that does not impress me nor does it surprise me that you do not know the GOD of the BIBLE in any way.
Not only do you underestimate my science ability you over estimate yours.
Atheist = ex-christian again no surprise, they never knew GOD as it is written , they know His name but he never knew them.
The fact that you and other never dare to spell BIBLE correctly proves that you nor them ever knew GOD.
I do not underestimate your science ability as you have none.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people consider the question 'How stupid can you be?' as a challenge.
Yup like all the evolutionists around here who are trying so hard to follow a lie.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted:-
<quoted text>
Please note:-
<quoted text>
Therefore in your own words everything comes god.
Hence.
Childhood cancer comes from god.
Therefore.
Your god murders children.
Oh hard you have to try to deceive, let me correct you one again, GOD made everything it happened about 6000 years ago, it was perfect, it became corrupted by man. Had man followed GOD and his Torah there would be no cancer.

ONCE AGAIN GOD DID NOT CREATE CANCER IT IS A PRODUCT OF OUR ENVIRONMENT AND DIET, to extrapolate you claim evolution made everything including Cancer as a follower and believer in evolution that makes you responsible for child hood cancer.

To recap GOD MADE EVERYTHING man corrupted the lot.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not underestimate your science ability as you have none.
That does not show in my work, you know nothign about me at all, as you just proved again.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
You just did - "there".
<quoted text>
You brought up pi not me moron perhaps you should read your own posts.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Already did, I posted a link to the oldest human skulls.
2. Dinosaur bones and the Earth's physiology prove that it's 4.5 billion years old. That's not extreme, that's what it is. What's extreme is saying your IQ is in the double digits or higher.
3. There were people before 6'000 years ago, so that entire story is just that; a story.
4. The Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old. Your bible states it is 6'000 years old. Therefore it's automatically disproven.
You posted a link to some skulls human no......
Dino bones only prove that they died not their age........
The creation account in the BIBLE is not a story prove there were people around more than 6000 years ago......
The BIBLE says the world is 6000 years old you sat it is about 4.5 billion years give or tale a few billion you have been disproven the BIBLE is right you are not.......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,581 - 6,600 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 58 min Alex WM 198,727
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 6 hr Kathwynn 7
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Jul 9 probably true 70
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Jul 9 CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) Jul 9 CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Jul 9 Shawn 9
Novice needs Wiccan Friend..... Jul 7 Novice 1
•••
•••