Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 327)

Showing posts 6,521 - 6,540 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Muslims go to mosque on a Friday (Venus), Jews go to temple on Saturday (Saturn), and Christians go to church on Sunday (Sun).

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I will repeat no there are not bullions of planets
Yes, almost certainly there *are* billions of planets. Given that we have found hundreds just in our local region (fewer then 100 light years from us), they are very common and, given that there are hundreds of billions of stars in *our* galaxy alone, it would be a *underestimate* to say there are billions of planets in our galaxy.
not all the shiny thing in the sky are planets. Perhaps you need a lesson in astronomy.
Right. Most 'shiny things' are stars. But many stars have planets orbiting them.
Next to educate you, you are referring to biological evolution I am referring to evolution which include the foolish thing call the BIBG BANG ( you know where nothing exploded and all matter came into existence)It is called cosmic evolution and is the bases on which the evolution is founded.
Wrong. Biological evolution has nothing to do with the particulars of the Big Bang, nor even abiogenesis. It is simply the statement that biological species change over time and that all species alive today likely had a common ancestor.

The Big Bang, on the other hand, deals with the universe at large. In particular, it describes how it has expanded from a hot, dense state where nuclear fusion can happen to the situation we see today.
Next no I do not think that any devil put any bones in the ground that was all done by the flood about 4000 years ago.
Then you are an idiot. There was no global flood. Most fossils are much, much older than a mere 4000 years. In fact, many civilizations are older than that.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I fully agree facts will be facts
FACT NO 1: evolution is a lie made up by foolish men to discredit the GOD of the Bible.
No, that is a falsehood. Evolution was discovered by Christians attempting to fit the data into their Bible and failing. They realized that species change over time long before Charles Darwin.
FACT NO 2: There is no scientific evidence to back up the evolution lie.
Again, a falsehood. The fossil record, genetics, population dynamics, actual observations, etc *all* point to the fact that species change over geological time and that the modern species are all related.
FACT NO 3: the world is about 6000 years old.
Stupidly false. We have cities that are older than 10,000 years (Jericho). We have art from 23,000 years ago. And we know that the earth is about 4.5 billion year old.
FACT NO 4: The creation story is 100% accurate and true.
A absolute falsehood and delusionally so.
FACT NO 5: Science has never proved anything in the BIBLE to be incorrect.
The exodus never happened. The global flood never happened.
Easy lesson even for a fool like you.
You need to actually learn some truths before you start casting stones.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I do not want to deny you the pleasure of finding out the truth about "multiverses"Ö. If you think it would PROVE that there is no Creator!!
02. And who will provide you with Quartz? Newton, Darwin, Einstein or Hubble?. I do not realize how dense you people are, until I engage you into discussions!!
03. What is "nature"? Will you be kind enough to define it for me? Anything which you cannot do or unable to do, you "blame" it on nature!!
God is perfect, the imperfection is only in the creations. And anyone to comment on the "quality of Creator" would be one who had "created even a single atom in this Universe"
You are most unfit to comment on the work of Creator unless you create something yourself?
5. Hubble gives you a picture, not an explanation. This is true. You can interpret it any way you like.
6. The world was not missing anything when there was no Isreal for past 2000 years and it wont miss any thing if it disappears from the world.
But do not tell it to the President of USA, the poor man will not be able to sleep for the rest of his life!!(or remaining term in the office!!)
7. Do you mean to say that our discussion is about win or loose? Are we in a wrestling match?
If you do not want to believe , you will never believe.
Jesus preached the same message to crowd and Pharisees, the crowd believed in him and Pharisees did not. The message was same, but people took it differently.
In the same way, our prophet preached the same message to all Makkah people. Abu LAHAB (His real uncle) rejected it and BILAL (an Abyssinian slave) accepted it.
It is not about winning or loosing.
It is about do you follow the truth or your whims and fancies.
01. What? You must "prove" your Creator Theory and you cannot. The Multiverse would be another nail in your Creator's coffin. We've already discussed how, in a large population,'miracles' happen all the time.

02. Silicon, like the other elements, is formed in the core of dying stars.

03. The physical Universe, unadorned by fancy. Nature is the 'cause' of everything, including the evolution of god-imagining super monkeys. It's interesting that, being Human, I (we) cannot help but assign Nature human qualities like a sex or a temperament. Coming to know Nature is very much like coming to 'know' a god, I suppose, with the exception that it is all real.

Oh, like everyone else, I helped in the 'creation' of my children and a few works of art and just maybe an original thought or two. Some of the things we think, do and say may well be unique and 'new' to the Universe. This makes us all "Creators" of sorts and well qualified to critique your god-theories. It is, in fact, our duty as thinking beings. We may well be the most organized, self-aware lumps of matter in the Universe and along with that comes certain obligations.

5. A picture is worth a thousand words ... unless you're a godbot.

6. Israel earned it's right to exist through her courage and determination. You Arabs can't conjure up enough of either one to pose a serious threat. Like children, you can irritate and make messes but you cannot run the world. Your religion keeps your minds in a constant state of preadolescence, you can never really grow up.

7. Hardly. There are no winners or losers. There's just reality and make believe. There is SURVIVAL and my god, Nature, says it will be the fittest who will win that game.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Yesterday our Prime Minister pledged £35m to eradicate islamic Female Genital Mutilation.
Will you applaud him for this?
<quoted text>
I would be interested to learn the details of his plan. For instance, how would one eradicate islamic Female Genital Mutilation without eradicating Islamics or Islamic females? Education? Gonna take a lot more than 35m 'Lbs' to educate such a cherished practice outta these people.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

swerty wrote:
Muslims go to mosque on a Friday (Venus), Jews go to temple on Saturday (Saturn), and Christians go to church on Sunday (Sun).
I know, right? What's God got against having a whole weekend off?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be interested to learn the details of his plan. For instance, how would one eradicate islamic Female Genital Mutilation without eradicating Islamics or Islamic females? Education? Gonna take a lot more than 35m 'Lbs' to educate such a cherished practice outta these people.
Yes, male mutilation is legal on the NHS and depends on a hospital trust and a surgeon colluding in the assaults. I doubt if the majority of voters in any NHS Trust area would sanction that abuse, let alone FGM which is more serious and illegal.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03...

It's an effort to tackle the problem internationally, not just nationally. I hope someone watches how its spent.(..an investment of 35 million pounds from Britainís foreign aid budget dedicated to eradicating the procedure across the globe within a generation).
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actual facts:
1. Evolution is proven.
2. The approximate age of Earth is 6.4 billion years.
3. No one was made from sand, then cloned through a person's rib, in order to then have incest and populate the world.
4. Facts, science, knowledge, intelligence, and common sense, all prove and have proved the bible wrong in many cases.
Again, to you crazy fundies, knowledge threatens you. Because there's a difference between belief and knowledge; god is belief, science is knowledge.
"to you crazy fundies, knowledge threatens you"

If you need to call aposter a " fundies"

you may not be so certain of what you post?

Seems a term used by the uneducated,...just saying

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>
CORRECTION
Most religion = superstition
The GOD of the BIBLE and the BIBLE = Facts
Evolution = Lies
Atheism = Stupidity.
Easy hay.
Of course it's easy. Being ignorant, as you so proudly display, takes no real effort,... except for that whole denying reality thing that your type is so adept at.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Truth wrote:
The Holy Quran says the earth is round .
The "Holy Quran" (and the Bible for that matter) is good material to start a campfire with. Although, if you plan to cook over that fire you want to make sure the book is completely burned or you risk ruining a perfectly good meal.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Just because you cant understand what facts are (mainly due to you being brainwashed) dies not change my facts into fantasy.
A fact is a fact whether you choose to accept it or not.

Facts don't need faith.

Contrast that with the various different religions that exist and all the unproveable cosmic mega-beings that people worship.

Religion and gods are based on faith - not facts.

Science is based on facts.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Limits to human knowledge are frustrating.

What happens after we die has been discussed in the past by the best minds available.

People who post "god-bot" :-) seem not in this category

DNF

“A seat at the family table”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Today I posted a story of the Religion Forum about the Amish Beard Cutting convictions.

Blaming "Atheists" for the failure of religious sects is simply a tragic attempt to ignore the reality that Religious groups often cause most of their own problems.

Think about it. Here we have a group of very conservative religious people attacking their own family members because it was believed they were being "unfaithful to God".

The ideas of "blasphemy" and "heresy" were inventions of man designed to keep people from asking questions and thinking for themselves. Until religions begin to encourage rational thought, and practice the "love and compassion" most claim they are rooted in, those religions will continue to be problematic for themselves.

DNF

“A seat at the family table”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Happiness cannot come from hatred or anger. Nobody can say, "Today I am happy because this morning I was very angry." On the contrary, people feel uneasy and sad and say, "Today I am not happy because I lost my temper this morning." Through kindness, whether at our own level or at the national and international level, through mutual understanding and through mutual respect, we will get peace, we will get happiness, and we will get genuine satisfaction.

- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Golden planets?
<quoted text>
...bullions of planets...
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Wrong- pi is not 3.
<quoted text>
I fully agree facts will be facts
FACT NO 1: evolution is a lie made up by foolish men to discredit the GOD of the Bible.
FACT NO 2: There is no scientific evidence to back up the evolution lie.
FACT NO 3: the world is about 6000 years old.
FACT NO 4: The creation story is 100% accurate and true.
FACT NO 5: Science has never proved anything in the BIBLE to be incorrect.
Easy lesson even for a fool like you.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You really are stupider than I gave you credit. OK answer these questions if you can or if you dare.
1) Was the fossil record made up and written by men?
No. Duh.
2) What was the surface temperature of the earth 6000 years ago?
About the same it is today. Duh.
3) Where in the BIBLE does it say or indicate that the world is flat?\
You don't know the buy bull very well. Well, in Isaiah it talks about the circle of the earth, and the heavens being like a tent. And at one point Jesus and Satan go to the top of a mountain, and Satan shows him ALL the kingdoms of earth. That would only be possible if the earth was flat.
4) Why could the creator not have modified the DNA of man to make the DNA of woman?
It could have. But that doesn't change the fact that the story in Genesis was made up by Bronze Age goat herders who didn't know about DNA, and that's why there is that big problem with the story.
Go on be brave and answer these simple questions. They are actually all I have been asking you to answer which you have not yet done.
I've answered them. Duh.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would kill strippers.
Even though stripping is a total perversion and against the Torah of GOD it is not punishable by death
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the way it works. You have made a claim and expect us to believe you. It is now up to you to state your case.
Look around the world and read the BIBLE. Then read a science text book with an open mind and see the stupidity it contains concerning evolution.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Another so-called "Christian."
Yet you don't follow the rules of your book.
If you read the posts you would know that I am not a Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,521 - 6,540 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 25 min Raw Material 193,618
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 18 hr Grumpy Guy 59
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Fri Jumper The Wise 75
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... Fri Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Fri Lmhw 9
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... (Oct '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 5
•••
•••