Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#6655 Mar 6, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I know science better than you do I mast say, now prove your little evolution lie, and the lie that creation is a myth. GO ON
LOL. I pass gas that knows more about science than you do, fundie.
Prove the creation myth in Genesis is a myth!? Well, before we even get to the 6th verse, we have day and night and plants growing before there is a sun.
Now, go take a science class to learn about evolution, I've only got 4K characters here.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6656 Mar 6, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Wow... just wow. You are either a POE or my first impression was spot on.
No you are wrong once again, it musty be a lifestyle choice for you to be so stupid and closed minded.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6657 Mar 6, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you know that a question ends with a question mark?
YES WHY?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6658 Mar 6, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I state that I believe in evolution or that I even care where and when life or the universe started?
The same argument that you being forth for evolution can and is applied to your god theory.
The difference is that GOD is real evolution is a lie, easy as that.

Panorama City, CA

#6659 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
No there are not billions of planets you stupid ignorant fool
You do know those dots of light in the sky you see at night are stars, and the sun is a star, don't you?
Oh dear you know so little evolution does cover the origins of life
Take a science class, fundie.
if not then how did life get here if it did not evolve or was it created by GOD>
Evolution is a myth propagated by the anti-GOD lobby to spread their lies.
God was created by man.
Prove me wrong, provide evidence of his existence.
Free clue, asking me to prove he doesn't exist doesn't count, neither do Buy-bull quotes.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6660 Mar 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Unkind speech!
"So get rid of all evil behavior. Be done with all deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and all unkind speech." 1 Peter 2:1
Is it unkind to state the obvious about someone's stupidity, I think not it is only pointing out the truth, seeing as you insist on quoting the Bible, perhaps you should read it all.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6661 Mar 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I pass gas that knows more about science than you do, fundie.
Prove the creation myth in Genesis is a myth!? Well, before we even get to the 6th verse, we have day and night and plants growing before there is a sun.
Now, go take a science class to learn about evolution, I've only got 4K characters here.
Yes GOD created plants prior to the sun so what, answer me this what was the surface temperature of the earth at that time.

Your gas probably contains your brain cells that is why you are so stupid.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6662 Mar 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know those dots of light in the sky you see at night are stars, and the sun is a star, don't you?
God was created by man.
Free clue, asking me to prove he doesn't exist doesn't count, neither do Buy-bull quotes.
Yes but not all stars are planets. Like our sun it is not a planet.
What I have already set aside in science you still need to learn.
I will provide evidence as soon as you provide the proof for evolution I asked for.
By the way is you name (Rose_NoHo) short for Rose_NoHo’PE’
Man could not possibly have created GOD because GOD existed long before man, however the same cannot be said for evolution.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6663 Mar 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
.......... fundie.
<.
I presume calling me a "fundie" is an attempt to insult, well it falls very short as an insult. I am proud to be a "FUNDIE", perhaps you do not know the meaning of the word.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6664 Mar 6, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Lobbying for a cause is only pushing their beliefs on others if it affects those others. For example; a secular nation is not pushing their beliefs on others because everyone can believe whatever they want to, a Christian doesn't have to smoke weed, and so having it legal in Washington does not infringe on anyone's beliefs.
Sounds great in theory, in reality, its not that simple. It may not infringe on anyone's beliefs, however there are usually consequences.
Marriage equality is not pushing a belief on another, for those against it do not have to marry a member of the same sex, nor do they have to believe it's right, they can have their beliefs.
The same could be said for polygamous marriage equality, or allowing siblings to marry. No one is forced to get married. If both of us hold beliefs that are at odds with each other, regardless of the issue, and we both seek to either have that belief enacted into law, or prohibit such enactment, we are "pushing our beliefs" onto others.
On the other hand, denying these things is forcing others to comply with your personal beliefs, ignoring theirs. As well as ignoring the line in the constitution where it states everyone has freedom of religion.
Flip that around. Are there issues which you oppose, or do not wish to be legal? There has to be something beyound the marriage redefinition/equality debate.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6665 Mar 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
God was created by man.
"Buy-bull"? Sounds like something one would do at a livestock auction. Besides, its "ta biblia", the books.

Is not the idealized female form which you espouse men fantasize about not evidence of a higher intelligence?

Panorama City, CA

#6666 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Is it unkind to state the obvious about someone's stupidity, I think not it is only pointing out the truth, seeing as you insist on quoting the Bible, perhaps you should read it all.
Calling me stupid is unkind speech.

"So get rid of all evil behavior. Be done with all deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and all unkind speech." 1 Peter 2:1

Guess you and I really view the buy-bull as silly. I'm just honest about it.
I've read the whole buy-bull. Wish more people would. We'd have more atheists.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6667 Mar 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
As a civilized human. And the day will come when the people in the Middle East no longer allow the threat of violence to keep them Islamic. When that day comes your tribal war cult will fade into obscurity.
<quoted text>
Either that or it will evolve beyond its violent propensity.

Panorama City, CA

#6668 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I presume calling me a "fundie" is an attempt to insult, well it falls very short as an insult. I am proud to be a "FUNDIE", perhaps you do not know the meaning of the word.
Fundie is a somewhat derogatory slang term for a fundamentalist christian.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6669 Mar 6, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Secular Humanism has similar goals without involving a god or worship. There's no future in any religion ... somebody is always gonna come back and make us all pay for our numerous transgressions.
The concept of "secular humanism" seems odd to me, almost as if its an "anti religion" religion. It can't stand alone, for it needs religion to constrast it self with.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6670 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I am sure you did but that is not proof it is opinion not even good opinion, ever heard of Lucy look that up and see just how much proof there is.
Don't you just love it could be 1.4 - 2.33 million years old, we think it might be what a load of utter crap.
It's okay that you "think" that it isn't true.
Your stupidity won't deter scientific evidence in the slightest.
Facts will still be facts.

You know what else religion is wrong about?
It says Earth is approximately 6 thousand years old.
Earth is actually 6.4 billion years old on approximation.

Montreal

#6671 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
What facts where are the so called facts you have nothing but opinion and les to support evolution.
GOD did not appear out of nowhere fool. Tell me how life formed out of a puddle and why with everything you lot claim to know why can you not reproduce it/
Tell me how your god came out of nothing and why you can't recreate it?
Oh wait...you CAN recreate it, because gods are man-made.

Montreal

#6672 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
No there are not billions of planets you stupid ignorant fool
Oh dear you know so little evolution does cover the origins of life if not then how did life get here if it did not evolve or was it created by GOD>
Evolution is a myth propagated by the anti-GOD lobby to spread their lies.
There aren't billions of planets?
Excuse me while I move to another room to laugh my ass off.

*comes back*

So anyway, evolution does NOT talk about space, that's what astronomy is for.
Let me guess, you're also one of those crazy religious people who believe dinosaur bones were place on Earth by the devil.

Montreal

#6673 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
YES WHY?
Do you know nothing of commas?

Montreal

#6674 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
The difference is that GOD is real evolution is a lie, easy as that.
And yet we can provide loads of evidence and all you can do is say "he's real" and pretend that's proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 min rabbee yehoshooah... 252,767
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 min NightSerf 4,456
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) 17 min yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web