Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
6,361 - 6,380 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
My "little post" on who is civilized got lot of attention on the thread and many posted their comments.
Most of the answers are rhetoric and use individual incidents to generalize on every Muslim. Here are my short comments on each of these posts:
Liberty:
I do not from where he got the idea that Prostitutes work in Haram Area. May be she (if he is "she") got personal experience, so I cannot comment anything about that.
This comment itself shows how civilized you really are.
Richards:
He has his "funny bone" ticking. Very ingenious list he has provided.
I might add "Allowing Isreal to have nukes and putting Sanctions on Iran to not have" is very uncivilized.
Lacez:
He (or she, I do not really know) has more love for life than what one should have.
He or she wants to enjoy the life as much as he can.
I wish him or her best of luck!!
Producing offspring is "our specialty"….too bad you do not like them.
Do to them what you did to Red Indians, Eskimos and Aborigines!!
As I said you are sick.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, no answer, as per usual.
That is a valid answer, you implied Catholicism isn't Christianity, which is a sentiment some fundamentalist Protestants possess. Thus I asked if you were referring to Protestantism.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have some kind of selective blindness?
Read my post again.
Okay.
Sorry that I don't hate everyone like you do :)
I only hate those who attempt to push their beliefs on others.
Hmmmmm....well you did state who u hate. However that is a ambiguous statement, and it could be used against you as well. Anyone who advocates, perhaps lobbies might be more appropriate, for a particular cause, is also attempting to "push their beliefs" on others.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

As usual you sidestep and avoid the question and actual conversation.

Again we do not brutalize innocents as your people do.

Yes Islam is very hypocritical because they threaten women for showing their ankle but clerics can hire hookers from all over the world to work in a harem and that is fine in Islam.

If you don't wish for the west to retaliate against your people's savage sub human atrocities may I suggest your fellow muslims stop attacking innocent people in unprovoked terror attacks?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
My "little post" on who is civilized got lot of attention on the thread and many posted their comments.
Most of the answers are rhetoric and use individual incidents to generalize on every Muslim. Here are my short comments on each of these posts:
Liberty:
I do not from where he got the idea that Prostitutes work in Haram Area. May be she (if he is "she") got personal experience, so I cannot comment anything about that.
This comment itself shows how civilized you really are.
Richards:
He has his "funny bone" ticking. Very ingenious list he has provided.
I might add "Allowing Isreal to have nukes and putting Sanctions on Iran to not have" is very uncivilized.
Lacez:
He (or she, I do not really know) has more love for life than what one should have.
He or she wants to enjoy the life as much as he can.
I wish him or her best of luck!!
Producing offspring is "our specialty"….too bad you do not like them.
Do to them what you did to Red Indians, Eskimos and Aborigines!!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
So we once again go back to the "original question" can things create themselves and can things get created by "chance"
Unless you bring "scientific proofs" of these you are as much talking in thin air as you accuse us to be doing.
I think you have a magic word "evolution" as you accuse us by having "faith". You dependence of "evolution" is as illusory as our faith.
There is no "proof" that any one evolved from any one else, so it is your faith against ours.
None of them having any real proof, so why should you rate your illusion above ours?
Judging civilization:
Mercy is one criterion and doing Justice is another criterion for judging civilizations
And if some "Muslim countries" try aping some aspects of "western nations" to show that they are "More Modern" than their western counter parts, then they would not become Islamic teachings.
Yes if 25-30 Superpowers join as a "pack" and attack small countries and at the same time "close their eyes" and take no action when "another small country" is killing , torturing and acting like bully, there is some thing wrong.
You are not as much civilized as you claim to be!!
Of course things can be "created" seemingly by chance. It's not really pure "chance" though, objects behave and interact in well defined ways as determined by their physical properties. Stars (with their planets) form out of clouds of dust and gas with a certain inevitability about it. They are as common as sand in your neighborhood desert, some of them are bound to support life and some of those ... intelligent life. Evolution will be at work on the lifeforms of these various worlds, just as it is on Earth. Nothing I just said is even VAGUELY SIMILAR to your completely unfounded religious faith. I presume your leaders grant you (reluctantly) some access to information. Use it. You can look at Hubble telescope images and see things no human being before us could even imagine. It's really quite exciting. "Creation" is an on-going process that we can see and photograph. The reality matches quite well with theory and that (THAT!!) is how you determine what is real and what is make-believe.

The Theory of Evolution did not come about by magic or wishful thinking. Evolution is self evident upon a careful observation of life on Earth. The "theory" persists because there is NOTHING that better explains what we see all around us. Certainly better than your gods, demons, angels and prophets ... keep guessing. If you really want to know how things came about, the information is out there and accessible ... at least in "civilized" societies. And yes ... there's "scientific proofs" of all this, despite what your Ayatollahs tell you. I can't give you "scientific proofs" over Topix any more than you can conjure up a miracle.

Judging civilizations by their mercy and/or justice. Hmmmmm ... let me see ... I'm thinking ... I'm pretty sure ... YEP!!! USA wins by a landslide!!! I mean, you got to be kidding me right? You keep Islamic mercy and justice, I'll take my chances over here. There's not 25 or 30 "superpowers" Bucko, but 25 or 30 "civilized" countries sounds about right. I wish you people and Israel would just go ahead and have it out. You know, a good, Old Fashioned War with planes and tanks and armies clashing on the battlefield. Then you'd have a winner and a loser, we could all finally see who has the best god (LOL) and get back to our soap operas and documentaries.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>That is a valid answer, you implied Catholicism isn't Christianity, which is a sentiment some fundamentalist Protestants possess. Thus I asked if you were referring to Protestantism.
Nope, it wasn't an answer for it wasn't related to what I said in the slightest.
Hitler was a Christian, and so bringing up Protestants has nothing to do with him.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Okay.

[QUOTE]
Sorry that I don't hate everyone like you do :)
I only hate those who attempt to push their beliefs on others."

Hmmmmm....well you did state who u hate. However that is a ambiguous statement, and it could be used against you as well. Anyone who advocates, perhaps lobbies might be more appropriate, for a particular cause, is also attempting to "push their beliefs" on others.
Lobbying for a cause is only pushing their beliefs on others if it affects those others. For example; a secular nation is not pushing their beliefs on others because everyone can believe whatever they want to, a Christian doesn't have to smoke weed, and so having it legal in Washington does not infringe on anyone's beliefs.
Marriage equality is not pushing a belief on another, for those against it do not have to marry a member of the same sex, nor do they have to believe it's right, they can have their beliefs.

On the other hand, denying these things is forcing others to comply with your personal beliefs, ignoring theirs. As well as ignoring the line in the constitution where it states everyone has freedom of religion.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course things can be "created" seemingly by chance. It's not really pure "chance" though, objects behave and interact in well defined ways as determined by their physical properties. Stars (with their planets) form out of clouds of dust and gas with a certain inevitability about it. They are as common as sand in your neighborhood desert, some of them are bound to support life and some of those ... intelligent life. Evolution will be at work on the lifeforms of these various worlds, just as it is on Earth. Nothing I just said is even VAGUELY SIMILAR to your completely unfounded religious faith. I presume your leaders grant you (reluctantly) some access to information. Use it. You can look at Hubble telescope images and see things no human being before us could even imagine. It's really quite exciting. "Creation" is an on-going process that we can see and photograph. The reality matches quite well with theory and that (THAT!!) is how you determine what is real and what is make-believe.
The Theory of Evolution did not come about by magic or wishful thinking. Evolution is self evident upon a careful observation of life on Earth. The "theory" persists because there is NOTHING that better explains what we see all around us. Certainly better than your gods, demons, angels and prophets ... keep guessing. If you really want to know how things came about, the information is out there and accessible ... at least in "civilized" societies. And yes ... there's "scientific proofs" of all this, despite what your Ayatollahs tell you. I can't give you "scientific proofs" over Topix any more than you can conjure up a miracle.
Judging civilizations by their mercy and/or justice. Hmmmmm ... let me see ... I'm thinking ... I'm pretty sure ... YEP!!! USA wins by a landslide!!! I mean, you got to be kidding me right? You keep Islamic mercy and justice, I'll take my chances over here. There's not 25 or 30 "superpowers" Bucko, but 25 or 30 "civilized" countries sounds about right. I wish you people and Israel would just go ahead and have it out. You know, a good, Old Fashioned War with planes and tanks and armies clashing on the battlefield. Then you'd have a winner and a loser, we could all finally see who has the best god (LOL) and get back to our soap operas and documentaries.
well said. I just hope it doesn't take the 'Armageddon' these people keep hoping for.

As a Christian and a gay man, I must say the God I worship isn't planning anymore "acts of God" punishments to a society that practices the message of His Son.

Compassion to everyone. Forgiveness to all.

BTW I don't even think a person NEEDS to be a "Christian" or any other faith to understand the 'Christianity' I practice.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said you are sick.
Thank you!!

Are you a Quack or a Medical Doctor?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

As a civilized human. And the day will come when the people in the Middle East no longer allow the threat of violence to keep them Islamic. When that day comes your tribal war cult will fade into obscurity.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!!
Neither, anybody who can read and has half a brain would realise you are mentally ill.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
01. Evolution has tons of proof.
It is a scientific theory just as gravity is a scientific theory.

02. Faith is just that; faith.
Definition: the belief of or in something unproven or unknown.
Ans.

01. You are more uneducated that I thought be equating "TOE with Gravity".

I heard Laws of Gravitation, where are your Laws of Evolution?

Blind theory of Evolution is a Pipe Dream of Atheists to stop answering "difficult questions"

02. Faith is to believe in the Guidance sent by our Creator to His Chosen Prophets thru all ages.

And no scientists is scientists unless he has "faith"…i.e. faith in the sincerity of his peers and works of his past generations.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, anybody who can read and has half a brain would realise you are mentally ill.
You should avoid any route that contains any hospital.....they might hold you and send you to their mental wing.

Be careful.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Hill wrote:
01. Of course things can be "created" seemingly by chance. It's not really pure "chance" though, objects behave and interact in well defined ways as determined by their physical properties.

02. Stars (with their planets) form out of clouds of dust and gas with a certain inevitability about it. They are as common as sand in your neighborhood desert, some of them are bound to support life and some of those ... intelligent life.

03. Evolution will be at work on the lifeforms of these various worlds, just as it is on Earth. Nothing I just said is even VAGUELY SIMILAR to your completely unfounded religious faith.

04. I presume your leaders grant you (reluctantly) some access to information. Use it.

05. The Theory of Evolution did not come about by magic or wishful thinking. Evolution is self evident upon a careful observation of life on Earth. The "theory" persists because there is NOTHING that better explains what we see all around us.

06. Judging civilizations by their mercy and/or justice. Hmmmmm ... let me see ... I'm thinking ... I'm pretty sure ... YEP!!! USA wins by a landslide

07. I wish you people and Israel would just go ahead and have it out. You know, a good, Old Fashioned War with planes and tanks and armies clashing on the battlefield. Then you'd have a winner and a loser, we could all finally see who has the best god (LOL) and get back to our soap operas and documentaries.
Ans.

01. Who changes the condition that instead of "pure chance" the conditions become "favorable"? Newton, Einstein or Darwin or Hubble?

02. Stars might be common as "sand" in this Universe, did you try to "create" a grain of Sand out of "gas"….try and then comment.

03. Looking for scapegoat, and now this "evolution: is a catch word. Blame every good and bad deeds on evolution!!

04. Yes my "leaders" allowed me to complete my University degree and then my Engineering degree too!!

If NASA does not send me to GITMO, I can also have a peek to look thru Hubble telescope and sing praises to my Lord for creating all those wonderful things out there.

You people are really ungrateful brats that even after looking such beauties…you say "tuch, tuch, that galaxy does not look OK at that place…will some one move it 1000 Million light years to the left"

05. Theory of Evolution has become a "tool with Atheists" to beat the religious people with it.

Earlier they were at loss how to explain so many life forms on this earth.

They got rid of all that by "inventing" this Blind Theory of Evolution.

Why should they burn their oil on it. Let Evolution explain every thing by itself.

What one needs is "imagination" and some "Creative artists" to shape and clothe what we excavate from earth.

06. Who "else" can be superpower but "civilized nations"….compared to Iraq and Afghanistan all these 25 and 30 "civilized nations" are superpowers.

07. I wish to the world that they leave "Arabs and Isreal" to settle their scores once for all.

There should be no ceasefire, no UNO sanctions and no deadlines. Let them fight it out?

Would you convey this idea to White House or should I?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Ans.

01. You are more uneducated that I thought be equating "TOE with Gravity".

I heard Laws of Gravitation, where are your Laws of Evolution?

Blind theory of Evolution is a Pipe Dream of Atheists to stop answering "difficult questions"

02. Faith is to believe in the Guidance sent by our Creator to His Chosen Prophets thru all ages.

And no scientists is scientists unless he has "faith"Â…i.e. faith in the sincerity of his peers and works of his past generations.
Gravity is a scientific theory, it is the theory of gravity. The same goes for evolution, it is a scientific theory. They both have proof to their existence.
If you think evolution is a lie, then you think facts are lies.

Faith is:
-Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
-Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

See; "rather than proof."

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>You should avoid any route that contains any hospital.....they might hold you and send you to their mental wing.

Be careful.
Are you talking to yourself?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Ans.

01. Who changes the condition that instead of "pure chance" the conditions become "favorable"? Newton, Einstein or Darwin or Hubble?

02. Stars might be common as "sand" in this Universe, did you try to "create" a grain of Sand out of "gas"Â….try and then comment.

03. Looking for scapegoat, and now this "evolution: is a catch word. Blame every good and bad deeds on evolution!!

04. Yes my "leaders" allowed me to complete my University degree and then my Engineering degree too!!

If NASA does not send me to GITMO, I can also have a peek to look thru Hubble telescope and sing praises to my Lord for creating all those wonderful things out there.

You people are really ungrateful brats that even after looking such beautiesÂ…you say "tuch, tuch, that galaxy does not look OK at that placeÂ…will some one move it 1000 Million light years to the left"

05. Theory of Evolution has become a "tool with Atheists" to beat the religious people with it.

Why should they burn their oil on it. Let Evolution explain every thing by itself.

What one needs is "imagination" and some "Creative artists" to shape and clothe what we excavate from earth.

06. Who "else" can be superpower but "civilized nations"Â….compared to Iraq and Afghanistan all these 25 and 30 "civilized nations" are superpowers.

07. I wish to the world that they leave "Arabs and Isreal" to settle their scores once for all.

There should be no ceasefire, no UNO sanctions and no deadlines. Let them fight it out?

Again, evolution is proven, your god is not. Fact vs faith; fact always wins in the real world.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation end?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
02. Stars might be common as "sand" in this Universe, did you try to "create" a grain of Sand out of "gas"….try and then comment.
You people are really ungrateful brats that even after looking such beauties…you say "tuch, tuch, that galaxy does not look OK at that place…will some one move it 1000 Million light years to the left"
06. Who "else" can be superpower but "civilized nations"….compared to Iraq and Afghanistan all these 25 and 30 "civilized nations" are superpowers.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

'HEEE HAAAA'!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>well said. I just hope it doesn't take the 'Armageddon' these people keep hoping for.
As a Christian and a gay man, I must say the God I worship isn't planning anymore "acts of God" punishments to a society that practices the message of His Son.
Compassion to everyone. Forgiveness to all.
BTW I don't even think a person NEEDS to be a "Christian" or any other faith to understand the 'Christianity' I practice.
Thanks. Secular Humanism has similar goals without involving a god or worship. There's no future in any religion ... somebody is always gonna come back and make us all pay for our numerous transgressions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••