Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
6,301 - 6,320 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/Stalins%...

About the Author
Chris Trueman BA (Hons), MA set up www.historylearningsite.co.uk in 2000 as he felt there was no easily accessible and comprehensive website on World History on the web. The site has grown in popularity and is now viewed by hundreds of thousands of people each month from around the world.

Chris has written all the content for the site from his in-depth knowledge of History having taught History and Politics at a major secondary school in England for the last 26 years. Chris graduated with a BA (Honours) in History from Aberystwyth University, Wales in 1979 and has since studied at Loughborough University and gained a MA in management from Brighton University in 2000.

As well as History, Chris teaches British and American Politics at advanced level and both subjects are covered in depth on his site. Current plans for the site include a major section on British History in the Twentieth Century, an in-depth study on Stuart England targeted at those studying at Advanced level and work on the Falklands War to commemorate the 25th anniversary of this conflict.

Chris has made every effort to be as unbiased and objective as possible in presenting the facts and interpreting events. If you feel that a particular area needs attention do not hesitate to send in any information or opinion that you may have. Chris will consider it for inclusion on the site.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Nothing in your spam says he killed in the name of atheism. Not. One. Word.
<quoted text>
Spam....never tasted it. I heard it was a big hit with G.I.s in WWII

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Your wacky right wing link is crap. Marx didn't say religion was the opium of the masses look it up and he was dead long before Stalin. Regardless nothing there about atheism or killing in the name of atheism.
You lose.
Again.
<quoted text>
"Wacky right wing link"? From the U.K.? Really Comrade? Some are more equal than others.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Ya the chump is a total wack job wingnut who know jachsht about history. Stalin wanted to be worshipped? Are you insane to even entertain that? Stalin was a paranoid schizophrenic who more often than not wanted to be left alone! Would even baracade up his door and hide under his table!

Stick to accurate historians not just idiots who fall in line with your talking points.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wacky right wing link"? From the U.K.? Really Comrade? Some are more equal than others.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Ya the chump is a total wack job wingnut who know jachsht about history. Stalin wanted to be worshipped? Are you insane to even entertain that? Stalin was a paranoid schizophrenic who more often than not wanted to be left alone! Would even baracade up his door and hide under his table!
Stick to accurate historians not just idiots who fall in line with your talking points.
<quoted text>
So is the gentleman from the UK a right wing whack job or just a whack job?

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

You find right wing nutters everywhere. He is astonishing with his ignorance.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So is the gentleman from the UK a right wing whack job or just a whack job?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Well at least atheists don't strap bombs to their chest and go on suicide missions like you Jewish wannabes do.
<quoted text>
Do you mean athiests are cowards and afraid to die?

I did not know that this is also one of their traits.

Thanks for reminding me!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Hill wrote:
1. Philosophy is the "science of why" and has churned out Theists and Atheists and everything in between trying to answer it. The question remains. It is "important" because it has diverted our efforts from more productive pursuits.

2. God does not do much of anything. The purpose of all life is to pass DNA on to future generations. If God were real he'd tell you that.

3. Why I was here was adequately answered for me when I held my first born child. I knew at that moment that I had fulfilled my duty as a Human Being and living organism. All questions of "why" fell away for me. I suppose that if it is some kind of personal immortality you seek, that's just not good enough. I stand in awe of Nature and understanding it is one of my favorite hobbys.
Ans.

01. You are right philosophy is the "science of why" and there are two types of philosophies, one which is aided by the Creator of Universe and another in which people use their own brains and try to figure out their own conclusions.

1A. The Philosophy which is aided by God Almighty is the absolute truth and this is what prophets and messengers of God preach to all people in the world in all ages. This tells them to worship only one God the Creator of Universe and do good deeds and prepare for the last day.

1B. The second path which is based on humans own thinking, is filled with mistakes and errors and no two philosophers agree with each other. They are just like blind people searching in darkness about the path. If they get one bit right, they get 100 bit wrong and no one can tell which is right bit and which is wrong.

02. Again you are wrong about God having NOTHING to do with it. It is the same thing as you knowing very little and boasting that you know all of it. How come DNA got created?

03. If you think you have done your duty as a human "to get your child born".then what is difference between you and an animal?

Why the powers of thinking and reasoning and choice given to you and not to animals?

Why you behave like animals when your Creator made you above all these animals?

Why not be reasonable and accept that there is a higher purpose of human life on this earth.

If you enjoy nature and it does not bring your mind to who created all these wonderful things, then you do not really enjoy nature, every thing in nature would be laughing at your stupidity!!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

We civilized people prefer not to die especially in some barbaric suicide bombing to kill children way.

We are smarter than that.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean athiests are cowards and afraid to die?

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
The god of Abraham inspires his followers!

http://news.yahoo.com/bomb-attack-kills-25-ka...

Meanwhile science...

http://news.yahoo.com/scientists-baby-born-hi...
Apparently inspires your wife who is catholic.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
We civilized people prefer not to die especially in some barbaric suicide bombing to kill children way.
We are smarter than that.
<quoted text>
Who is civilized?

What is the definition of Civilized person?

One who commits Sodomy and Lesbianism? Are they civilized?

One who walk naked on streets, are THEY civilized?

One who go to those strip tease joints, live shows, are they civilized? Or the people who do these things, are they Civilized?

Those who attack small countries with pack of 25-30 nations, are they civilized?

Let us find out what is your definition of Civilization and who are civilized people?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. You are right philosophy is the "science of why" and there are two types of philosophies, one which is aided by the Creator of Universe and another in which people use their own brains and try to figure out their own conclusions.
1A. The Philosophy which is aided by God Almighty is the absolute truth and this is what prophets and messengers of God preach to all people in the world in all ages. This tells them to worship only one God the Creator of Universe and do good deeds and prepare for the last day.
1B. The second path which is based on humans own thinking, is filled with mistakes and errors and no two philosophers agree with each other. They are just like blind people searching in darkness about the path. If they get one bit right, they get 100 bit wrong and no one can tell which is right bit and which is wrong.
02. Again you are wrong about God having NOTHING to do with it. It is the same thing as you knowing very little and boasting that you know all of it. How come DNA got created?
03. If you think you have done your duty as a human "to get your child born".then what is difference between you and an animal?
Why the powers of thinking and reasoning and choice given to you and not to animals?
Why you behave like animals when your Creator made you above all these animals?
Why not be reasonable and accept that there is a higher purpose of human life on this earth.
If you enjoy nature and it does not bring your mind to who created all these wonderful things, then you do not really enjoy nature, every thing in nature would be laughing at your stupidity!!
1. It is all from our own brains, some are clouded, some are clear. No one gets "aided by the Creator of Universe".

1A. A real god would not need prophets or messengers. That's the truth.

1B. I was just joking about calling philosophy a science. It isn't. People's feelings, hunches, hallucinations, delusions, opinions, dreams and tall tales have everything to do with religion and nothing to do with science.

2. " http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/02/... ;

3. Nothing. We evolved intelligence the same way the other animals evolved their various survival tricks. We behave like animals because we are animals. We're not "above" anything. Please tell me what you think that "higher purpose" might be. We may well be relatively rare intelligent beings in a vast cosmos. A good "higher purpose" might be to fully understand our place in the Big Picture and try to make sure we're around for a while.

I hear a lot more crying than I do laughing. Maybe you are wrong about a great many other things as well.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is civilized?
One who go to those strip tease joints, live shows, are they civilized? Or the people who do these things, are they Civilized?
Those who attack small countries with pack of 25-30 nations, are they civilized?
Let us find out what is your definition of Civilization and who are civilized people?
You got a lot of nerve. One criteria we judge civilizations upon is the quality of their mercy. How's yours? Tolerant much? I doubt it. What does your version of "civilization" do to sodomites and lesbians MUQ? I've been to strip clubs in Damascus and flown around the Middle East in planes full of Ukrainian whores, selling themselves at every stop to you holier-than-thou Arabs. Don't try to come off cleaner than anybody else MUQ, because I know better. When 25-30 other nations decide to topple your government, maybe there's something wrong with it. Like it or not, MUQ, we all living in a "Global Village" now ... we all one big happy "civilization". Maybe you didn't get the memo.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is civilized?
Let me see if I have got this right:-
1. Anal sex is uncivilised.
2. Girl on girl is uncivilised.
3. Strippers are uncivilised.
4. Saving an invaded country is uncivilised.

But:-
1. Stoning young girls to death is civilised.
2. Female genital mutilation is civilised.
3. Thighing is civilised.
4. Flying planes into buildings is civilised.
5. Suicide bombers are civilised.

You are sick.
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You got a lot of nerve. One criteria we judge civilizations upon is the quality of their mercy.
Whose your atheist judges?
stalin?
pol pot?
calles?
ali solih?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>How's yours? Tolerant much? I doubt it. What does your version of "civilization" do to sodomites and lesbians MUQ?
How would anyone know who are lezzos and buttpunchers?
Is it because they take it into the street?
Because they try to muh dik everyone?
And yet in the west these 'lifestyles' are protected and advanced by governments and basically compulsory.
So who is the 'intolerant'?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>I've been to strip clubs in Damascus and flown around the Middle East in planes full of Ukrainian whores, selling themselves at every stop to you holier-than-thou Arabs.
So the sex trade is your highest state of being?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Don't try to come off cleaner than anybody else MUQ, because I know better. When 25-30 other nations decide to topple your government, maybe there's something wrong with it.
Yeah, they dont sell gas cheap enough for corporations.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Like it or not, MUQ, we all living in a "Global Village" now ... we all one big happy "civilization". Maybe you didn't get the memo.
One worlder much?
Marxist is what marxist does.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Laces out.
Pietro out.

I really don't see the point of this, other than you being unable to respond with an actual response.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>That should have read "aren't "
Actually, you were right in "are," and the second part of the sentence was half wrong.
Everyone CAN do wrong, it doesn't mean they do. There have been quite a few more religiously related killings than non-religiously related ones.

Oh, and here's an interesting link for you:
http://www.livescience.com/20005-atheists-mot...

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>The end result is still the same. Violence is still violence. Atheists lack of belief can also be a compelling motivation. Stalin had no issue with mass murder.

Religion can, and has, motivate people to help their fellow man, to clothe the naked, feed the hungry, house the homeless, educate children and adults, care for widows and orphans, etc.

[QUOTE]
Religion = superstition and the results of superstition in any society have never been good. "

Religion can, and has evolved. It can also incorporate science, law, medicine, and other areas of intellectual pursuit into its belief systems.
What about Hitler?
He did all in the name of religion.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean athiests are cowards and afraid to die?

Why waste the only life we have?

If you were going to just go bomb yourself, why do you guys even bother to produce offspring? They're just going to kill themselves too.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Let me see if I have got this right:-
1. Anal sex is uncivilised.
2. Girl on girl is uncivilised.
3. Strippers are uncivilised.
4. Saving an invaded country is uncivilised.

But:-
1. Stoning young girls to death is civilised.
2. Female genital mutilation is civilised.
3. Thighing is civilised.
4. Flying planes into buildings is civilised.
5. Suicide bombers are civilised.

You are sick.
Religious nuts usually are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••