Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,391

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#6504 Mar 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So its foundation is apathy?
Now why would you say that?

Playing ignorant to the realism of life and truth is not becoming.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#6505 Mar 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists do not have a belief system, they are just like uncontrolled hordes than wander on earth.
Their only unifying point is "There is no God and there is no religion".
But for that they have nothing in common.
They unite in negativity.
That is why they cannot bring any civlization, they cannot create any society.
And if they get to rule, they are extremely cruel and extremists in their rules.
Because they have no "belief system"....nothing to restrain their hands.
Muck you are the sheep. You are the ignorant followers of death. You have no individuality that is exclusively your own.

You may play with your make believe gods all you want you can have your delusions, but when you and others like you push your stupidity on others then you are to be looked down on as the scum (muck) you claim to be.

You and others like you have proven to be amoral.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#6506 Mar 2, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as "atheistic belief system".
Man I hate to think that there might be a belief system it is one of “I beginning to believe that all religious people are ignorant”.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#6507 Mar 2, 2013
I advocate the separation of church and state.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh...but of course, after all you are one of the "civilized" people as opposed to the rest humanity....the savage masses yearning to be "civilized" under the tutelage of the elite. We are not worthy to be in your presence...the wise and civilized secular sage know as "Giveme liberty", we thought you but a legend, but now we know you are a legend in your own mind.
In the words of the great philospher, Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon"!
Where would Western Civilization be if not for the influence of, good, bad, or ugly, religion in general, and Christianity in particular?
Now back to the Wise and Wonderful Wizard of Give me liberty.......give us a break...Madone!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6508 Mar 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists do not have a belief system, they are just like uncontrolled hordes than wander on earth.
And if they get to rule, they are extremely cruel and extremists in their rules.

sharia law

Lexington, KY

#6509 Mar 2, 2013
Well at least atheists don't strap bombs to their chest and go on suicide missions like you Jewish wannabes do.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6510 Mar 3, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why would you say that?
Playing ignorant to the realism of life and truth is not becoming.
No but neither is a sense of passion and wonder.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6511 Mar 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well at least atheists don't strap bombs to their chest and go on suicide missions like you Jewish wannabes do.
<quoted text>
Atheists are necessarily more peaceful, they can and do commit violence, sometimes on a large scale.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6512 Mar 3, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You lose your head quite often, I see.
Laces out.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6513 Mar 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I advocate the separation of church and state.
<quoted text>
As do I. Perhaps you would like to eradicate all reference to religion or a deity in the public square. You could start by beginning s campaign to rename any American city that has a religious name, such as St.Louis, St.Paul, or Corpus Cristi. Remove "In God We Trust" from our currency. Certain professional sports teams would also require a name change. No more Angels, Saints, Devils, even the Padres. That's a start for now. Get to work.

Chicago, IL

#6514 Mar 3, 2013
Atheists have that as well, we just don't attribute it to some made up god as your ilk does.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No but neither is a sense of passion and wonder.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6515 Mar 3, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are necessarily more peaceful, they can and do commit violence, sometimes on a large scale.
That should have read "aren't "
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#6516 Mar 3, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That should have read "aren't "
That's true, but it isn't motivated by religion or the absense of belief(s) in god(s). Zionism, Islamism and other religions do motivate people to do harm. Fundamentalists see themselves as motivated by religion. That's what they say, not me. They say they are 'defending Islam' or refer to 'Christian duty', or 'my beliefs dictate'.

Religion = superstition and the results of superstition in any society have never been good.

Lexington, KY

#6517 Mar 3, 2013
But for every violent atheist you find there is easily 100,000 violent believers.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6518 Mar 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
But for every violent atheist you find there is easily 100,000 violent believers.
<quoted text>
That atheist can murder 100,000 believers. Stalin, Hitler, Mao, etc.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6519 Mar 3, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>That's true, but it isn't motivated by religion or the absense of belief(s) in god(s). Zionism, Islamism and other religions do motivate people to do harm. Fundamentalists see themselves as motivated by religion. That's what they say, not me. They say they are 'defending Islam' or refer to 'Christian duty', or 'my beliefs dictate'.
The end result is still the same. Violence is still violence. Atheists lack of belief can also be a compelling motivation. Stalin had no issue with mass murder.

Religion can, and has, motivate people to help their fellow man, to clothe the naked, feed the hungry, house the homeless, educate children and adults, care for widows and orphans, etc.
Religion = superstition and the results of superstition in any society have never been good.
Religion can, and has evolved. It can also incorporate science, law, medicine, and other areas of intellectual pursuit into its belief systems.

Lexington, KY

#6520 Mar 3, 2013
Hitler was a catholic Stalin went to priest school an is to this day a saint in the Russian Orthodox Church. All if these men were totalitarians. Do show where one of them stated they were having people killed in the name of atheism and not because of consolidating power?

Unlike Christians who gush over killing for Jesus like Hitler who dubbed the Jews Christ killers who were going to pay for that.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That atheist can murder 100,000 believers. Stalin, Hitler, Mao, etc.

Lexington, KY

#6521 Mar 3, 2013
You mean saint Stalin in the Russian Orthodox Church? Again he never once stated or wrote that he had people killed in the name of atheism.

You are flailing badly.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The end result is still the same. Violence is still violence. Atheists lack of belief can also be a compelling motivation. Stalin had no issue with mass murder.
Religion can, and has, motivate people to help their fellow man, to clothe the naked, feed the hungry, house the homeless, educate children and adults, care for widows and orphans, etc.
<quoted text>
Religion can, and has evolved. It can also incorporate science, law, medicine, and other areas of intellectual pursuit into its belief systems.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6522 Mar 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
You wanna' bet on that?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6523 Mar 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You mean saint Stalin in the Russian Orthodox Church? Again he never once stated or wrote that he had people killed in the name of atheism.

<quoted text>
You wanna' bet on that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Atheist Silurist 203,976
Handfasting - Is it final, or can it be repeate... Oct 26 Kathwynn 2
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Oct 10 Liam R 3
Wiccan Arrested on Child Rape Charges (Apr '10) Oct 9 Lee County NC 46
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep '14 Ol Fuddy Duddy 2
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sep '14 thetruth 21
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep '14 Kathwynn 14

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE