Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14659 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#6398 Feb 26, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
If folk want to believe in sky fairies or pure science or anything else for that matter, such is their right and even if you don't agree with their choice, that doesn't mean that their choice isn't very real for them.
Except for the fact that I am directly impacted by their stupid fantasies when I share the same voting space and they vote in favor of laws I have to follow because of their delusions.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6399 Feb 26, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
Except for the fact that I am directly impacted by their stupid fantasies when I share the same voting space and they vote in favor of laws I have to follow because of their delusions.
And they are directly impacted by your "stupid fantasies" in the same ways dear. It's what happens when folk who don't all believe in the same things live in the same place. We run into each other.

#6400 Feb 26, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>And they are directly impacted by your "stupid fantasies" in the same ways dear. It's what happens when folk who don't all believe in the same things live in the same place. We run into each other.
And so there is the urgency for trying to get us all to believe what reality is.

This is the answer to a question you did ask, "Dear".

#6401 Feb 26, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>And they are directly impacted by your "stupid fantasies" in the same ways dear. It's what happens when folk who don't all believe in the same things live in the same place. We run into each other.
Meh! Fingers typing faster than I think .....

And so there is the urgency for trying to get us all to agree what reality is.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6403 Feb 26, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
And so there is the urgency for trying to get us all to believe what reality is.
But which reality? I know it would be easier on you if it were yours, but doesn't any of the others get a say?

#6404 Feb 26, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>But which reality? I know it would be easier on you if it were yours, but doesn't any of the others get a say?
That's what "verifiable evidence" is for. It helps separate fantasy and reality.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6405 Feb 26, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
If folk want to believe in sky fairies or pure science or anything else for that matter, such is their right and even if you don't agree with their choice, that doesn't mean that their choice isn't very real for them.
True enough ... even sounds pretty harmless if it stopped there. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Religionists are intent on blurring the distinction between science, politics and religion thus limiting our choices and dumbing us all down. Freedom is a cool word but it's only a word if someone else has made your choices for you. If they tay out of the classrooms and out of the law-making process they can go sacrifice goats all day long, okay with me. Goats might object.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6406 Feb 26, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
I don't think Atheists are trying to force science into the Sunday Schools, have "In God we Disbelieve" printed on the nations legal tender or represent much of a majority in Congress. They're pretty safe.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6407 Feb 26, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, since he has become agnostic then he believes a man named Jesus actually existed but isn't sure whether he was actually supernaturally conceived, had a divine purpose or is the son of a possible nonexistant god.
I think I've got it. Thank you so much for....erm....clearing that up.
The divinity of Jesus has been debated since the earliest days of Christianity, the debate were having now is nothing new. The debate over the existence of a Deity, or deities, is far older than that.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6408 Feb 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand why the people who wrote the buy-bull thought the moon produced instead of reflected light. But I don't get why people in the 21th Century can over look such nonsense.
Hi Rosie

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#6409 Feb 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The divinity of Jesus has been debated since the earliest days of Christianity, the debate were having now is nothing new. The debate over the existence of a Deity, or deities, is far older than that.
Yes and since goat herders made up your religion others have asked for proof of your gods power or even if real....STILL WAITING.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6410 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and since goat herders made up your religion others have asked for proof of your gods power or even if real....STILL WAITING.
Sickofit? Is that you? Why....I almost didn't recognize you without the "NAZI" accusation.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#6411 Feb 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sickofit? Is that you? Why....I almost didn't recognize you without the "NAZI" accusation.
have you any proof your cults god is real....been a few thousand years got anything yet?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#6412 Feb 26, 2013
What stupid fantasies would that be?

Equality for all people doesn't hurt people whereas religious bigotry does.

Stem cell an other advanced treatments don't Hirt people whereas religious goons standing in the way of progress does.

Proper education for our children doesn't hurt them but religious idiots screaming about creationism holds our children back compared to the children of other nations.

Proper planned parenthood, contraceptives and pro choice measures don't hurt people but religious goons restricting those leads to STDS and unwanted children that can't be placed and the woman's life at risk for carrying it.

None of these are stupid fantasies they are same compassionate measures that religious idiots forsake others all because of the way they interpret a collection of ancient desert scribblings.
Rick in Kansas wrote:

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#6413 Feb 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rosie
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
I know there are Christians who don't believe everything in the buy-bull is literally true. I'm just wondering how anybody over, say, 8 CAN believe it's all literally true.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6414 Feb 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>What reasons? Does he say later on?
Reasons for a God?

he claimed he can proof a God with math. Not me him!

Location hidden

#6415 Feb 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Well, until there is evidence that god is real, there is no need to even entertain the idea that he is.
You do know that when you have your proof it will be to late for you.

Location hidden

#6416 Feb 26, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Again, irrelevant.
It doesn't matter how many times you repeat yourself, it'll still be irrelevant.
Not

Location hidden

#6417 Feb 26, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that is what I asked you.

You are insane, take your imaginary belief system and shove it, we all know that it is just because you feel stupid for having such a damned fool belief, and you want to share the stupid. Sorry, but it's all yours. You can keep it.

You have no proof, but you have faith? Are you saying that the buybull is not proof of a god? Guess what? We already know that. LOL!
Buybull is that a book on atheism?

Location hidden

#6418 Feb 26, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Disbelief is not belief, you damned fool.
Atheist sure have a hard time keeping your believes straight.
Yet alone just the definition of the word atheist.

Merriam - Webster

athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity

"who believes". That's a positive assertion. Seeing as there is no proof of your belief It's FAITH.

Faith:
"Synonyms: devotion, piety, religion"

Ah yes Atheism is a Religion.

Have a nice day and don't forget to go to church.

Posted else where by derek4

February 4, 2011

Church, without God

“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'

The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.

For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”

He is also an atheist.

continued:

“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”

continued:

“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.

He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.

Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...

“religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people”[I have said this all along, and my posts are still on the board to confirm it. Now you hear it straight from the atheist, lol.]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Frijoles 220,465
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Thu Kathwynn 503
Pagans gather for elaborate Wiccan funeral of c... Thu shell 1
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... May 23 Dragnet52 5
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) May 21 Debra 49
News No, American Christianity is not dead May 19 New Perspective 1
News POLL: Americans Turning Away from Religion May 15 Bible boy 1
More from around the web