Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6378 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>BS

Go back read. Dolt
I did, and it was just as stupid and irrelevant as the first time I read it.

Montreal

#6379 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>For laughs ask him a question that requires reason.:))
Mayhap some time I will do just that.
It's funny to see these people'a brains stall.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#6380 Feb 25, 2013
Pointing out you have dyslexia you mean. BTW it was KJV who said he had dyslexia but insisted that you didn't.

You bumbled right into that one eh? Maybe next you'll say dyslexia is contagious? Hey cover your mouth when you cough I don't want to catch your dyslexia! Lmfao!

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Pointing out that I have dyslexic
Is a complement. Thank you.
Dyslexic The Genesis disease.
Facts are that people with Dyslexic have bigger brains. And most Genesis have Dyslexic.
Dyslexia - The Strange Genius Disease
Dyslexic people are intuitive, highly intelligent and creative individuals who are visual, multi-dimensional thinkers. But because they think in pictures, they have troubles when it comes to letters, numbers, symbols, and written words.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Dyslexia-The-S...
Dyslexics have a larger brain than "normal" people. It is about 10% larger in the right hemisphere.
http://www.coulditbedyslexia.com/know.html

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#6381 Feb 25, 2013
Ya when he throws out one of his tired disproven apologetic arguments just ask him a question that requires him actually using reason and not just stealing from apologetic websites.

He'll run like hell :))
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayhap some time I will do just that.
It's funny to see these people'a brains stall.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#6382 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
You know what's really funny?
Because God and Heaven and Hell all exist outside of time. No past, present or future. That means all these atheist are already in Hell. And the Theist are seating in heaven right now.
Going to provide any evidence heaven and hell exist at all? Didn't think so.

North Hollywood, CA

#6383 Feb 25, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder why no one questions as to where did this great "night light" disappear to? Was the god confused as to the moon being a light, rather than a reflection of a light?
Poor dumb god.
I can understand why the people who wrote the buy-bull thought the moon produced instead of reflected light. But I don't get why people in the 21th Century can over look such nonsense.

North Hollywood, CA

#6384 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Khatru:
"Atheists believe there are no gods."
Bingo!!
A positive belief!!
As in Religion!
Wrong.
I believe I'll have a soda.
That's hardly a religion.
And I just can't figure out why you are so desperate to claim that atheism is a religion.
Langoliers wrote:
A positive assertion in a belief put the burden of proof on "you" that there is no gods!To easy.
LOL
Not true. But, I guess if you understood the basic rules of logic and debate, you wouldn't be a fundie.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6385 Feb 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>I did, and it was just as stupid and irrelevant as the first time I read it.
Numb nuts I had many other post back and forth over his employment in Austin and how good of a company Hormel is and the big strike. Like I said my comment to him packing Spam was in reference to the meat packing in Austin.
Not on the current use of the name Spam that also came from the meat Made and packaged in Austin Minnesota.

North Hollywood, CA

#6386 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
Found this blog quite interesting.
I think he got my name wrong its not Langan it's Langoliers.
"I just finished the book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. Among the topics are one on Christopher Langan who has an IQ of 195, which is supposed to be the highest in the world. After finishing the chapter I googled him, and found out that he has been studying physics on his own for pretty much his entire life but only went to college for one year.
What interested me was that he has been working on something that he calls "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe". While I don´t understand much of it (few does) I was surprised to see that he actually believes in God. Not only that, he claims that it is possible to mathematically prove that God exists and that we have a soul. At first glance I was amazed of this, since I´m a complete atheist (and swedish - none of use are believers). But I can´t help thinking that, since his mind are more powerful than anyone else´s, maybe he has seen further than anyone ever have. This scares me a little bit, b/c obv if he is correct I really don´t want to die for obvious reasons "
What reasons? Does he say later on?

North Hollywood, CA

#6387 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proof that God is not real.
LOL
Well, until there is evidence that god is real, there is no need to even entertain the idea that he is.

Montreal

#6388 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>Numb nuts I had many other post back and forth over his employment in Austin and how good of a company Hormel is and the big strike. Like I said my comment to him packing Spam was in reference to the meat packing in Austin.
Not on the current use of the name Spam that also came from the meat Made and packaged in Austin Minnesota.
Again, irrelevant.
It doesn't matter how many times you repeat yourself, it'll still be irrelevant.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6389 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Dolt lets do this very slow so you can keep up.
Believing that no God or gods exist is unprovable.
Believing in something unprovable is called faith.
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
1 a : firm belief in something for which there is no proof
Synonyms: religion
Your grandma's cake and taste is not unprovable.
Did ya get that?
Oh are you still lost?
Yeah, that is what I asked you.

You are insane, take your imaginary belief system and shove it, we all know that it is just because you feel stupid for having such a damned fool belief, and you want to share the stupid. Sorry, but it's all yours. You can keep it.

You have no proof, but you have faith? Are you saying that the buybull is not proof of a god? Guess what? We already know that. LOL!

Earth,TX

#6390 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You using an incorrect definition of a word does not change it. Dolt
Disbelief is not belief, you damned fool.

Earth,TX

#6391 Feb 25, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Does beleiveing the sun is hot and gives off light mean I worship the sun.????? Does beleveing (for now) that there are no space aliens mean I am in a anti-space alien religion?
How is not beleiving in something mean you beleive in the oppisite???
Yep, that would be your religion. He is in his share-the-stupid mode, and wishes to smear some of it on you too.

Earth,TX

#6392 Feb 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand why the people who wrote the buy-bull thought the moon produced instead of reflected light. But I don't get why people in the 21th Century can over look such nonsense.
:)
Faith?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6393 Feb 26, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Never disregard the miraculous. I know all about gravity. I once watched it in the most amazing action as 8 stories of wood and steel scaffolding collapsed on three people right before my eyes and the only thing separating me from them was the glass wall around the revolving door that I was in when it happened. Before it happened, I was heading for that revolving door when I could have sworn I heard someone call my name. I stopped and looked, nobody that would have been calling me, so... The difference between witness and victim. The person who went through the revolving door when I stopped to look for whoever, died. I watched.
Think about the guy who survived dropping forty odd stories along with a window washers platform. The guy with him understandably died, but he didn't. Sure, what was involved in the mechanism of his survival can be reasoned out, reduced to a series of mathematical formulas and scientific explanations for a wildly improbable series of events that diminished the effects of gravity for one and not the other and if that's all you want to believe in fine, but try and replicate it.
With 7 billion people on board, one-in-a-million "miracles" happen thousands of time a day. Near misses, close calls, lucky breaks, spontaneous remissions ... whatever ... they happen without violating statistical or physical laws. They are not "miracles" but the lucky ones who get the second chance usually consider it one. I heard someone "call my name" the other day ... a momma calling down her kid named, miraculously, RHill. What about the poor basterds crushed by the falling scaffold? They evil or something? Probably just hard-working Christians just like you. After all, y'all use the "billions of people believe in a god so there must be one" 'proof' all the time. Were the ones killed Atheists? We are at the mercy of random BS. Some win, some lose, some waver somewhere in between. There's no rhyme or reason to it, no god, no Guardian Angel, no Vengeful Spirits. Just luck. Statistics. I saw that report on the window washer ... some of the boards landed first, got wedged just right and provided the fellow with something to break his fall. Yeah, you recreate it a thousand times ... use Catholic, Baptist, Hindu, Muslim or Jewish Window washers if you like ... and most likely ... they all gonna die. Why? It's called CHAOS and that, my friend, is what is in charge. I would stay OUT of revolving doors.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6394 Feb 26, 2013
Life boiled down to a wildly improbable, but scientifically explainable, series of random events, leaving us alone to our own devices as the sum total of who we are and why we are here, because there is nothing more than that which can't be explained away. People created and followed Gods for good reasons, they don't want to be alone in this. As for me, I have no personal Gods, spirits, higher powers, etc. but I do believe in the ones other folk bring with them, even if I don't agree with them. What better explanation for the world as it is than as the result of human faith and what our claimed higher powers have brought to that.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6395 Feb 26, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Life boiled down to a wildly improbable, but scientifically explainable, series of random events, leaving us alone to our own devices as the sum total of who we are and why we are here, because there is nothing more than that which can't be explained away. People created and followed Gods for good reasons, they don't want to be alone in this. As for me, I have no personal Gods, spirits, higher powers, etc. but I do believe in the ones other folk bring with them, even if I don't agree with them. What better explanation for the world as it is than as the result of human faith and what our claimed higher powers have brought to that.
We do have needs. No doubt. We grow up, leaving Mom & Pop behind ... few stop wanting or needing someone to love and protect them. What better than an imaginary Sky Fairy? No fuss, no muss, always listening, never complaining ... perfect! Form yourself up into social groups of like-minded sheeple and you might even get a little help or the occasional prayer answered, if the odds are on your side, of course ... if not, there's always the "mysterious ways" thing to fall back on. Between our "needs" and the easily unbalanced soup of brain chemistry that governs our perceptions and behavior, I'm surprised there's not new gods and churches to worship them in popping up all the time. Oh wait a minute ... there are. LOL

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#6396 Feb 26, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Never disregard the miraculous. I know all about gravity. I once watched it in the most amazing action as 8 stories of wood and steel scaffolding collapsed on three people right before my eyes and the only thing separating me from them was the glass wall around the revolving door that I was in when it happened. Before it happened, I was heading for that revolving door when I could have sworn I heard someone call my name. I stopped and looked, nobody that would have been calling me, so... The difference between witness and victim. The person who went through the revolving door when I stopped to look for whoever, died. I watched.
Think about the guy who survived dropping forty odd stories along with a window washers platform. The guy with him understandably died, but he didn't. Sure, what was involved in the mechanism of his survival can be reasoned out, reduced to a series of mathematical formulas and scientific explanations for a wildly improbable series of events that diminished the effects of gravity for one and not the other and if that's all you want to believe in fine, but try and replicate it.
And yet, you haven't taken that walk off the tall building yet. As you say, all you have to do is stop believing in gravity and it will cease to apply to you.

Unless you are chock full o crap, of course.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6397 Feb 26, 2013
If folk want to believe in sky fairies or pure science or anything else for that matter, such is their right and even if you don't agree with their choice, that doesn't mean that their choice isn't very real for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr uhuh 202,249
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sun thetruth 21
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Fri Son of God 1
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
•••

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE