Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 303)

Showing posts 6,041 - 6,060 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Your shroud of Turin style fantasy has already been soundly debunked. Sorry the bible is a myth.

Even if a King David was found it doesn't prove it was the bible one nor does it prove any of the miracles in the bible. Spider-Man met Obama who is real but that doesn't mean there really is a Spider-Man fighting Venom in NYC.

Your faith is built on a hallow lie.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://agards-bible-timeline.com/q9_historica...
"There is little proof of the use of slaves in Egypt or of the Exodus, of the conquering of the Canaanites by the Israelites or (prior to 1993) of King David’s reign. But absence of proof is not proof of absence. It only takes one find to change that picture.
For example, until 1993 there was no proof of the existence of King David or even of Israel as a nation prior to Solomon. Then in 1993 archeologists found proof of King David's existence outside the Bible. At an ancient mound called Tel Dan, in the north of Israel, words carved into a chunk of basalt were translated as "House of David" and "King of Israel" proving that he was more than just a legend.
Then in 2005 Israeli archaeologist Eilat Mazar found King David's palace relying on the Bible as one of her many tools. She says,“What is amazing about the Bible is that very often we see that it is very accurate and sometimes amazingly accurate.”(from Using the Bible As Her Guide http://www.thetrumpet.com/... accessed March 1, 2011 )
In 1990 Frank Yurco, an Egyptologist at the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago, used hieroglyphic clues from a monolith known as the Merneptah Stele to identify figures in a Luxor wall relief as ancient Israelites. The stele itself, dated to 1207 B.C. celebrates a military victory by the Pharaoh Merneptah.“Israel is laid waste” it reads. This lets us know the Israelites were a separate people more than 3,000 years ago."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merneptah_Stele )

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>If there is no time for God, Heaven or Hell, then they can't exist, that requires time.
Nice closed mind!

They do not exist in this universe and are not held to this universes laws of physics.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>time
/t&#299;m/
Noun
The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.

Did you catch that? Bet not, here let me emphasize for you;

THE INDEFINITE CONTINUED PROGRESS OF EXISTENCE ....

Get it? Bet not!!
How dumb can one be? You are
Just plain Stupid.

You're going to try and hold God to a dictionary definition of the word "time" in a sad attempt to counter the definition of the word you use to describe your religion.

LMAO.

What a Dolt!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Your shroud of Turin style fantasy has already been soundly debunked. Sorry the bible is a myth.

Even if a King David was found it doesn't prove it was the bible one nor does it prove any of the miracles in the bible. Spider-Man met Obama who is real but that doesn't mean there really is a Spider-Man fighting Venom in NYC.

Your faith is built on a hallow lie.
Ok

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice closed mind!
They do not exist in this universe and are not held to this universes laws of physics.
If they do not exist in this universe, how can their existence be detected at all? Seems to me, you've been listening to some ancient goat herder fables again.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
How dumb can one be? You are
Just plain Stupid.
You're going to try and hold God to a dictionary definition of the word "time" in a sad attempt to counter the definition of the word you use to describe your religion.
LMAO.
What a Dolt!
Really? So in any conversation about God, we should use definitions of words that are not as defined in the dictionary?

Who's looking stupid now?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>If they do not exist in this universe, how can their existence be detected at all? Seems to me, you've been listening to some ancient goat herder fables again.
Have you detected him?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Really? So in any conversation about God, we should use definitions of words that are not as defined in the dictionary?

Who's looking stupid now?
You of course. God is not held to mans rules.

Really!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you detected him?
Of course not! So for all my practical purposes, he doesn't exist.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You of course. God is not held to mans rules.
Really!
So since we are using definitions of words that are not in the dictionary, what you are really saying is, "You are correct, I am an absolute imbecile and I have no idea what I am talking about."

Right? I mean think about it, if the words I just used are not as defined in the dictionary then we could be in raging agreement and you would never know.

Dumb azz!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course not! So for all my practical purposes, he doesn't exist.
Ok

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>So since we are using definitions of words that are not in the dictionary, what you are really saying is, "You are correct, I am an absolute imbecile and I have no idea what I am talking about."

Right? I mean think about it, if the words I just used are not as defined in the dictionary then we could be in raging agreement and you would never know.

Dumb azz!!
Boy you are dense.

And a double Dumb Azz on you!

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

See even you with your dyslexia and other limitations wouldn't accept that Spider-Man was real just because Obama appeared in a comic. Even with your limitations you would understand Spider-Man is a work of fiction. Same principle with your bible myth. It's just older and people were forces to believe it as truth.

I accept your surrender.

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>See even you with your dyslexia and other limitations wouldn't accept that Spider-Man was real just because Obama appeared in a comic. Even with your limitations you would understand Spider-Man is a work of fiction. Same principle with your bible myth. It's just older and people were forces to believe it as truth.

I accept your surrender.
People who have dyslexia:

Stephen Hawking's
Thomas Edison.
Albert Einstein

Actors & Entertainers:
Harry Anderson
Orlando Bloom
Harry Belafonte
Charley Boorman
Tom Cruise
Danny Glover
Whoopi Goldberg
Susan Hampshire
Jay Leno
Christopher Lowell
Keanu Reeves.
Kiera Knightley
Oliver Reed.
Billy Bob Thornton.
Tom Smothers
Vince Vaughn
Henry Winkler
Loretta Young

Inventors & Scientists:
Ann Bancroft, Arctic Explorer.
Alexander Graham Bell.
John Britten, Inventor.
Pierre Curie, Physicist (1903 Nobel Prize).
Thomas Edison.
Albert Einstein.
Michael Faraday.
Carol Greider, Molecular Biologist, awarded 2009 Nobel Prize in Medicine.
Jack Horner, Paleontologist.
Dr. Peter Lovatt, psychologist and dancer.
Dr. James Lovelock.
Paul MacCready "Engineer of the Century."
Archer Martin, Chemist (1952 Nobel Laureate)
Matthew H. Schneps, Astrophysicist
John R. Skoyles, Brain Researcher.
Artists, Designers, & Architects:
Leonardo da Vinci.
Ansel Adams, Photographer.
David Bailey, Photographer.
Chuck Close.
Ignacio Gomez, Muralist.
Tommy Hilfiger, Clothing Designer.
Ian Marley, Contemporary Artist, South Africa.
Pablo Picasso.
Robert Rauschenberg.
Auguste Rodin.
Bennett Strahan
Robert Toth
Jørn Utzon (architect, designed Sydney Opera house)
Andy Warhol.
Willard Wigan, micro sculptor.

Law & Justice:
David Boies, Attorney.
Erin Brockovich, Investigator.
Jeffrey H. Gallet, Judge.
Military Heroes:
Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson.
George Patton.
Musicians & Vocalists:
Cher.
Brad Little.
John Lennon.
Nigel Kennedy, Violinist.
Bob Weir, Grateful Dead Guitarist.
Athletes:
Muhammad Ali, World Heavyweight Champion Boxer
Duncan Goodhew, Olympic Swimmer
Bruce Jenner, Olympic Decathlon Gold Medalist
Magic Johnson
Greg Louganis
Bob May, golfer.
Diamond Dallas Page, World Wrestling Champion.
Steve Redgrave, Olympic Gold Medalist (rowing).
Nolan Ryan, Baseball Pitcher.
Rex Ryan, Coach.
Jackie Stewart, race car driver.

Physicians & Surgeons
Harvey Cushing, Surgeon.
Fred Epstein, Neurosurgeon.
Political Leaders:
Winston Churchill.
King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden.
Michael Heseltine.
Andrew Jackson.
Thomas Jefferson.
John F. Kennedy.
Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco.
Nelson Rockefeller.
Paul Wellstone, U.S. Senator.
Woodrow Wilson.
George Washington.

Read more: http://www.dyslexia.com/famous.htm#ixzz2LmfHg...

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your permission to do what I'm doing.
You're welcome.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Use Google.
If you claim something is true, and then don't back it up yourself...then that is a lie.

I'm not going to go search on Google, because I'll be there forever.
Why will I be there forever?
Because your claims are false and I will never find anything.

If you have a link, post it.
If not, don't claim these fallacies that you've been claiming.
That's all they are without anything to back it up.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
1 % 2 In my way of thinking, there is no difference between Muslims and Islam. It may not be entirely accurate but it is close enough. Like rounding Pi to 3.14. I am glad that you are not recruiting, that is, it makes me glad that you are not trying to "spread" Islam ... merely defending it.

3. " http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/afric ... ;. There are many such examples.

4. You're being taught that version of history in what passes for sermons in your Mosques. Sad. We want to buy your oil and we want to sell you Blue Jeans and cheeseburgers.

5. Obama & Biden ... Osama bin Laden ... the Puppet Masters are playing word games. Obama was plucked from political obscurity for several reasons. Can you guess what these reasons might be?
Ans.

1. In Ideal case a Muslim is one who follows Islam. But when we see Muslims not following teachings of Islam, you will have to differentiate between Islam and Muslims.

No Muslim tries to "recruit" if that is what you mean. We tell the truth about Islam and the sincere souls from all faiths get attracted to it.

2. The sermons are usually about teachings of Quran and sayings of prophet and asking Muslims to adhere to them. It is a sort of 'recharging' our faiths.

3. I do not know what are internal politics of USA. What I know is that thinks do not change much if Idiot A or Idiot B is sitting in the white house. Policies of US are decided by the think tanks who are highly controlled by the Jewish / Zionist lobby.

The people who call themselves Presidents Of USA are only "Show Boys"

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheists believe there are no gods."
Bingo!!
A positive belief!! As in Religion!
A positive assertion in a belief put the burden of proof on "you" that there is no gods!
To easy.
LOL
The paucity of your arguments is never clearer when the best response you have is poor word games.

Atheism is a religion you say?

That's like me saying that Christians don't believe in all the other gods that are found in different belief systems, ergo Christianity is atheism.

You'll have to do much better than that.

Unfortunately for you, I very much doubt that you can.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Stephen Hawking's? Lol!
Stephen Hawking's?? Lmfao!

Hahaha!

Hehehehehehehe!

Stephen Hawking's!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

So Stephen Hawking's has dyslexia?

Lmfao! Classic! That is going straight to Facebook!:))
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
People who have dyslexia:
Stephen Hawking's
Diamond Dallas Page, 3

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my assertions are right.
"It says plants were growing before there was a sun."
Plants growing
Genesis 1:12:
"The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."
The sun was not created until Genesis 1:16:
"God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars."
"The Noah's Ark story is absurd.
140,000 birds on a boat lined with tar!? Have you cleaned up a cage with one bird in it?"
Anybody can read the Noah's Ark story. Noah was told to take 7 pairs of each type of bird, and there are 10K species of birds. Do the math. And the story says the boat was lined on the inside and outside with "pitch", which is just another word for tar.
I wonder why no one questions as to where did this great "night light" disappear to? Was the god confused as to the moon being a light, rather than a reflection of a light?

Poor dumb god.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,041 - 6,060 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 53 min JOEL 193,629
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... Sat Grumpy Guy 59
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Fri Jumper The Wise 75
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... Fri Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Apr 18 Lmhw 9
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... (Oct '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 5
•••
•••