Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 302)

Showing posts 6,021 - 6,040 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Did I claim to know how life started?
I prefer to stick to facts.
Fact is, no one knows the truth, but there is evidence for the theories that scientists have.
There is no evidence at all for creationism.

Langoliers wrote, "
We have the Bible so far to date 90% proven accurate.
"

Correction: 90% of the time, it is WRONG.
I would even go as far to say that it is wrong 100% of the time.
None of the stories in the bible have any evidence to support them besides the existence of a geological location.
Even then, a lot of the places mentioned in the bible don't exist.

Oh, and you forgot to comment on the fact that science has determined the world to be about 6.4 billion years and the first humans existed 195'000 years ago.

When does the bible say the world was created?
Oh yeah, 6'000 years ago.
Quite a bit far from the truth, don't you think?
You go ahead and stay with your 100% of the time that the Bible is wrong!

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Did I claim to know how life started?
I prefer to stick to facts.
Fact is, no one knows the truth, but there is evidence for the theories that scientists have.
There is no evidence at all for creationism.

Langoliers wrote, "
We have the Bible so far to date 90% proven accurate.
"

Correction: 90% of the time, it is WRONG.
I would even go as far to say that it is wrong 100% of the time.
None of the stories in the bible have any evidence to support them besides the existence of a geological location.
Even then, a lot of the places mentioned in the bible don't exist.

Oh, and you forgot to comment on the fact that science has determined the world to be about 6.4 billion years and the first humans existed 195'000 years ago.

When does the bible say the world was created?
Oh yeah, 6'000 years ago.
Quite a bit far from the truth, don't you think?
"None of the stories in the bible have any evidence to support them besides the existence of a geological location."

When I debunk this then you are completely debunked.
You use words like "None" and 100%
That leaves you no room to back peddle. You atheist make this way to easy!

"Until very recently, there was no evidence outside the Bible for the existence of King David. There are no references to him in Egyptian, Syrian or Assyrian documents of the time, and the many archaeological digs in the City of David failed to turn up so much as a mention of his name. Then, on July 21, 1993, a team of archaeologists led by Prof. Avraham Biran, excavating Tel Dan in the northern Galilee, found a triangular piece of basalt rock, measuring 23 x 36 cm. inscribed in Aramaic. It was subsequently identified as part of a victory pillar erected by the king of Syria and later smashed by an Israelite ruler. The inscription, which dates to the ninth century BC, that is to say, about a century after David was thought to have ruled Israel, includes the words Beit David ("House" or "Dynasty" of David"). It is the first near-contemporaneous reference to David ever found. It is conclusive; it does strongly indicate that a king called David established a dynasty in Israel during the relevant period as stated in the Bible. Archaeologist continue to find the evidence to substantiate the story's in the Bible as accurate."

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You go ahead and stay with your 100% of the time that the Bible is wrong!
LOL
You go ahead and live in your fantasy world where the bible is right.

We'll stick around here, in reality.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"None of the stories in the bible have any evidence to support them besides the existence of a geological location."
"Until very recently, there was no evidence outside the Bible for the existence of King David. There are no references to him in Egyptian, Syrian or Assyrian documents of the time, and the many archaeological digs in the City of David failed to turn up so much as a mention of his name. Then, on July 21, 1993, a team of archaeologists led by Prof. Avraham Biran, excavating Tel Dan in the northern Galilee, found a triangular piece of basalt rock, measuring 23 x 36 cm. inscribed in Aramaic. It was subsequently identified as part of a victory pillar erected by the king of Syria and later smashed by an Israelite ruler. The inscription, which dates to the ninth century BC, that is to say, about a century after David was thought to have ruled Israel, includes the words Beit David ("House" or "Dynasty" of David"). It is the first near-contemporaneous reference to David ever found. It is conclusive; it does strongly indicate that a king called David established a dynasty in Israel during the relevant period as stated in the Bible. Archaeologist continue to find the evidence to substantiate the story's in the Bible as accurate."
For all we know you could have written that right now, please provide a source.
Also, for all we know, you could have a source that is religiously biased and doesn't actually have evidence...such as the last guy who gave a link.
"This guy that we can't prove existed says that Jesus existed and therefore Jesus existed."
That's not evidence.

Also, I wrote the above before actually reading what you wrote.
Now, after reading it, I see you ARE insane.
A guy in a story exists, therefore the story itself is true?
So Abraham Lincoln really WAS a vampire hunter!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

https://vridar.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/the-t...

The crux of the problem in the interpretation of this lexeme is the absence of a word divider between the apparent two parts: &#1489;&#1497;&#15 14; (Beth) and &#1491;&#1493;&#14 91; (DWD). This suggests that the lexeme expresses a single word idea, not two words like house and David. In support of this Athas points out that elsewhere in the Tel Dan inscription word dividers are used regularly in expressions constructed from two or more concepts:on the ground of El-Baytel,the king of Israel,and thousands of horsemen,their land.

What next shroud of turin? Half Wit screws up again with his linkless spam.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Until very recently, there was no evidence outside the Bible for the existence of King David.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>No, my assertions are right.

"It says plants were growing before there was a sun."

Plants growing
Genesis 1:12:
"The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."

The sun was not created until Genesis 1:16:
"God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars."

"The Noah's Ark story is absurd.
140,000 birds on a boat lined with tar!? Have you cleaned up a cage with one bird in it?"

Anybody can read the Noah's Ark story. Noah was told to take 7 pairs of each type of bird, and there are 10K species of birds. Do the math. And the story says the boat was lined on the inside and outside with "pitch", which is just another word for tar.

So? They were growing before there was a Sun but not before there was light.

The Holy Bible: King James Version. 2000.

The First Book of Moses, Called
Genesis

The Creation
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 ¶ And God said, Let there be light: 2 Cor. 4.6 and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

"10K species of birds"

The Bible uses the word "Kind" not species. All Ducks would be one "kind" even though there are many Duck species.

Try educating yourself on the Bible before you choose to hate it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>What?

I stated that I do not believe in gods or a god, so why would I have to prove that I do not believe in something. That makes no sense at all; it is for you to present the proof of your statement that there is a god.

If you cannot defend your belief with proof then just say so and that will be that.
So.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>You go ahead and live in your fantasy world where the bible is right.

We'll stick around here, in reality.
Thanks for your permission to do what I'm doing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>For all we know you could have written that right now, please provide a source.
Also, for all we know, you could have a source that is religiously biased and doesn't actually have evidence...such as the last guy who gave a link.
"This guy that we can't prove existed says that Jesus existed and therefore Jesus existed."
That's not evidence.

Also, I wrote the above before actually reading what you wrote.
Now, after reading it, I see you ARE insane.
A guy in a story exists, therefore the story itself is true?
So Abraham Lincoln really WAS a vampire hunter!
Use Google.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text> https://vridar.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/the-t...

The crux of the problem in the interpretation of this lexeme is the absence of a word divider between the apparent two parts: &#1489;&#1497;&#15 14; (Beth) and &#1491;&#1493;&#14 91; (DWD). This suggests that the lexeme expresses a single word idea, not two words like “house” and “David”. In support of this Athas points out that elsewhere in the Tel Dan inscription word dividers are used regularly in expressions constructed from two or more concepts:“on the ground of El-Baytel”,“the king of Israel”,“and thousands of horsemen”,“their land”.

What next shroud of turin? Half Wit screws up again with his linkless spam.
http://agards-bible-timeline.com/q9_historica...

"There is little proof of the use of slaves in Egypt or of the Exodus, of the conquering of the Canaanites by the Israelites or (prior to 1993) of King David’s reign. But absence of proof is not proof of absence. It only takes one find to change that picture.

For example, until 1993 there was no proof of the existence of King David or even of Israel as a nation prior to Solomon. Then in 1993 archeologists found proof of King David's existence outside the Bible. At an ancient mound called Tel Dan, in the north of Israel, words carved into a chunk of basalt were translated as "House of David" and "King of Israel" proving that he was more than just a legend.

Then in 2005 Israeli archaeologist Eilat Mazar found King David's palace relying on the Bible as one of her many tools. She says,“What is amazing about the Bible is that very often we see that it is very accurate and sometimes amazingly accurate.”(from Using the Bible As Her Guide http://www.thetrumpet.com/... accessed March 1, 2011 )

In 1990 Frank Yurco, an Egyptologist at the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago, used hieroglyphic clues from a monolith known as the Merneptah Stele to identify figures in a Luxor wall relief as ancient Israelites. The stele itself, dated to 1207 B.C. celebrates a military victory by the Pharaoh Merneptah.“Israel is laid waste” it reads. This lets us know the Israelites were a separate people more than 3,000 years ago."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merneptah_Stele )

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So.
Just a statement.

So you admit that you cannot defend your position with any proof?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Until very recently, there was no evidence outside the Bible for the existence of King David. There are no references to him in Egyptian, Syrian or Assyrian documents of the time, and the many archaeological digs in the City of David failed to turn up so much as a mention of his name. Then, on July 21, 1993, a team of archaeologists led by Prof. Avraham Biran, excavating Tel Dan in the northern Galilee, found a triangular piece of basalt rock, measuring 23 x 36 cm. inscribed in Aramaic. It was subsequently identified as part of a victory pillar erected by the king of Syria and later smashed by an Israelite ruler. The inscription, which dates to the ninth century BC, that is to say, about a century after David was thought to have ruled Israel, includes the words Beit David ("House" or "Dynasty" of David"). It is the first near-contemporaneous reference to David ever found. It is conclusive; it does strongly indicate that a king called David established a dynasty in Israel during the relevant period as stated in the Bible.
I looked for this and found...
"It is the first near-contemporaneous reference to David ever found. It is NOT conclusive; BUT it does strongly indicate that a king called David established a dynasty in Israel during the relevant period."

The emphasis is mine, but I wanted to point it out.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...

Where did you get your quote from?

This source also says:
"The Bible is not - and was never intended to be - a historical document."

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So? They were growing before there was a Sun but not before there was light.
Again, showing that the story is just a myth. Light for plants to grow, in fact, day and night, before there wasn't a sun. Absurd.
Langoliers wrote:
<
Genesis
The Creation
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
"10K species of birds"
The Bible uses the word "Kind" not species. All Ducks would be one "kind" even though there are many Duck species.
Try educating yourself on the Bible before you choose to hate it.
"Kind" isn't a species? Then where did all the species come from after the flood? Did they evolve?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

<quoted text>Just a statement.

So you admit that you cannot defend your position with any proof?
So what?

I've only said that a thousand times.

Faith:

faith\ˈfāth\
noun
1 : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust

Just like atheism! No proof of no God or gods.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Again, showing that the story is just a myth. Light for plants to grow, in fact, day and night, before there wasn't a sun. Absurd.

Langoliers wrote, "<
Genesis
The Creation
"10K species of birds"
Try educating yourself on the Bible before you choose to hate it. "

"Kind" isn't a species? Then where did all the species come from after the flood? Did they evolve?
You'll be able to bring up your frustration with the creator one day

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
I've only said that a thousand times.
Faith:
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
1 : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust
Just like atheism! No proof of no God or gods.
I can respect that, but not believing in something is not based in faith it is based in non-belief.

At least you are honest with yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

You know what's really funny?

Because God and Heaven and Hell all exist outside of time. No past, present or future. That means all these atheist are already in Hell. And the Theist are seating in heaven right now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

<quoted text>I can respect that, but not believing in something is not based in faith it is based in non-belief.

At least you are honest with yourself.
Very true agnostic are like that, but not atheist.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
You know what's really funny?
Because God and Heaven and Hell all exist outside of time. No past, present or future. That means all these atheist are already in Hell. And the Theist are seating in heaven right now.
If there is no time for God, Heaven or Hell, then they can't exist, that requires time.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no time for God, Heaven or Hell, then they can't exist, that requires time.
time
/t&#299;m/
Noun
The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.

Did you catch that? Bet not, here let me emphasize for you;

THE INDEFINITE CONTINUED PROGRESS OF EXISTENCE ....

Get it? Bet not!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,021 - 6,040 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 32 min STEFANO COLONNA 193,641
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... Sat Grumpy Guy 59
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Fri Jumper The Wise 75
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... Fri Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Apr 18 Lmhw 9
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... (Oct '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 5
•••
•••