Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
5,561 - 5,580 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
A Waitress in Tesco asked if I wanted anything on my Burger. So I had a £5 bet
each way!
lol! Yes. Some things need no translation.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I know conclusion bias when I see it. The man's a religious dweeb.
Oh but of course oh Wise and Wonderful Wizard of Oogah Boogah. What discipline is your Ph.D in?
Brit Expat

Sommières, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but of course oh Wise and Wonderful Wizard of Oogah Boogah. What discipline is your Ph.D in?
Hmmm, Mine is in common sense, not to mention science. What about yours? Surely not religion?

The Atheist.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus have any older brothers or sisters? LOL
Yes, he had a brother named Craig Christ....

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You can get away free with killing another person, or you can go to death row, depending on the answer to,..."why?".
Powerful, for something that doesn't exist.
Yes, self defense, acts of war and stopping someone from the commission of a crime (say throwing a lit molotov cocktail into a crowd) is a reasonably good answer to "why".

Anger, greed, jealousy, criminal negligence, etc., are not really answers, they are merely rationalizations. That's why we have laws saying which "why" lets a person go free or to death row.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died 2000 years ago and about this human is only very little known. The scriptures are full of fakes, lies and errors. The mighty and rich one have manipulated in the last milleniums whatever they liked in their own interests!
Also, did a man named Jesus ever actually exist? There is no proof there either.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I found this site a while ago, people on it title themselves as "True Christians."
Take a look, why don't you:
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php...
It's a satire site.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>It's a satire site.
Ah, but one cannot tell the difference between a fundamentalist and a parody of a fundamentalist.
Poe's law.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, Mine is in common sense, not to mention science. What about yours? Surely not religion?
The Atheist.
They give out Ph.Ds for "common sense"? Did Thomas Paine get one then?

http://www.bartdehrman.com/biography.htm
Biography of Bart D. Ehrman

Bart D. Ehrman is the James A. Gray Distinguished Professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He came to UNC in 1988, after four years of teaching at Rutgers University. At UNC he has served as both the Director of Graduate Studies and the Chair of the Department of Religious Studies.

A graduate of Wheaton College (Illinois), Professor Ehrman received both his Masters of Divinity and Ph.D. from Princeton Theological Seminary, where his 1985 doctoral dissertation was awarded magna cum laude. Since then he has published extensively in the fields of New Testament and Early Christianity, having written or edited twenty-four books, numerous scholarly articles, and dozens of book reviews.

Among his most recent books are a Greek-English edition of the Apostolic Fathers for the Loeb Classical Library (Harvard University Press), an assessment of the newly discovered Gospel of Judas (Oxford University Press), and four New York Times Bestsellers: Jesus Interrupted (an account of scholarly views of the New Testament), God’s Problem (an assessment of the biblical views of suffering), Misquoting Jesus (an overview of the changes found in the surviving copies of the New Testament and of the scribes who produced them) and Forged (discusses why some books in the New Testament are deliberate forgeries). His books have been translated into twenty-seven languages.

Among his fields of scholarly expertise are the historical Jesus, the early Christian apocrypha, the apostolic fathers, and the manuscript tradition of the New Testament.

Professor Ehrman has served as President of the Southeast Region of the Society of Biblical literature, chair of the New Testament textual criticism section of the Society, book review editor of the Journal of Biblical Literature, and editor of the monograph series The New Testament in the Greek Fathers (Scholars Press). He currently serves as co-editor of the series New Testament Tools, Studies, and Documents (E. J. Brill), co-editor-in-chief for the journal Vigiliae Christianae, and on several other editorial boards for journals and monographs in the field.

Professor Ehrman lectures extensively throughout the country. Winner of numerous university awards and grants, he is the recipient of the 2009 J. W. Pope “Spirit of Inquiry” Teaching Award, the 1993 UNC Undergraduate Student Teaching Award, the 1994 Phillip and Ruth Hettleman Prize for Artistic and Scholarly Achievement, and the Bowman and Gordon Gray Award for excellence in teaching.

Professor Ehrman has two children, a daughter, Kelly, and a son, Derek. He is married to Sarah Beckwith (Ph.D., King's College London), Marcello Lotti Professor of English at Duke University. He lives in Durham, North Carolina.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Yea!
Just like the 'grade' of horse-meat you guys have been eating.
Now that was a pathetic failure in attempted insult.

I am neither Australian, Japanese nor French, though you couldn't have known that. I am though, rather fond of a good steak tartare, and I do recognize that what is considered gourmet in one culture, may not be in another.

CIP: Do you eat chitins?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think that Christian and Atheist alike would find Pedophilic Priests and baby "thighing" camel jocks repugnant. I was unaware of the practice and your religion's endorsement of it until it was brought up here. I wish I could somehow unlearn of it. Like Reason Personified, I look for your condemnation of the practice, but then ... you can't can you? All you can do is compare it to other evils and hope that it somehow loses significance. I personally find ANY sexual contact or congress between ANY adult and ANY child grossly inappropriate and deserving the application of baseball bat justice.
Of course, in the case of Islam, thighing is clearly the first step in an organized and carefully laid out program for the total oppression and subjugation of women. It is upon these broken bodies and psyches that Islamic men hope to elevate themselves to the level of civilized humanity. Well, it ain't working Achmed, in fact, it's having the opposite effect. It will be a GREAT DAY when your women folk pick up your carelessly lain swords and put you azzwipes in your place. Anything the Western world can do to hasten that day is worth the sacrifice.
I too wish I could unlearn what "thighing" is, and it took months for me to make the connection to thighing being about the breaking of a woman's spirit.
I have been so repulsed by the acts themselves being perpetrated on those poor children, that thinking of it at all was literally sickening. One internet description of thighing newborns was enough to make me puke.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Neither does peaking in women's rest rooms,but you sure learned to spell.
Peaking? Is that some new slang for what you are really doing in the lady's rest room. Your superior education, fails you yet again.

Hint: Spelling is not your strong suit. Try instead "peking" or "peeking", now that you know that your first choice wasn't the correct one.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Which is why the magic word in my post is "mosque". According to muck, innocent people don't go to mosques.

muck doesn't really do logic, does he?
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The magic word in MUQ's post is "innocent", if they were there and were blown up, they weren't innocent.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

When do you think muslims will stop murdering each other?
Who is going to win? Sunnis or shiites?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am speaking about Islamic teachings and not what Muslims are doing.
A "Muslim" is one who is following the teachings of Islam.
Not one who has name like Ahmad, Khalid, Nasir etc.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
A Waitress in Tesco asked if I wanted anything on my Burger. So I had a £5 bet
each way!
Cow, horse, alligator? A burger is a burger. Of those three the gator was the best. Still I had not known that it was horse that was the original steak tartare.
It is what a chef can do it, that takes it from just food to the purely divine fare known as gourmet.

http://shizuokagourmet.com/2010/02/24/horseme...

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Anti atheist wrote:
I'm sure America and Israel blowing up kids to pieces is a lot better isn't it you sick freak !
Was your post meant for me? It was directly following my own? First of all, above the post you wish to respond to is the word "reply" click on it, it will take you to a response box, where-in you are to type your actual response. It helps you to not look so lost.

A man putting his penis all over and into the living body of a newborn child is not a sick freak? But the one screaming that it is wrong, that it is monstrous, is the sick freak? Did I get that right? Was that your message?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Which is why the magic word in my post is "mosque". According to muck, innocent people don't go to mosques.
muck doesn't really do logic, does he?
<quoted text>
No he does not. What he is doing, is spotlighting the hidden filth of his religion.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

The guy who preached the world was going to end in 1988? And whose argument that Jesus existed is because his story is so stupid and Paul said he existed? Of course no proof for Paul either but at this point who can keep count?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
They give out Ph.Ds for "common sense"? Did Thomas Paine get one then?
http://www.bartdehrman.com/biography.htm
Biography of Bart D.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
When do you think muslims will stop murdering each other?
Who is going to win? Sunnis or shiites?
<quoted text>
When they find out there is much more in fighting their "enemies" than fighting with each other.

And there will be no Shia and no Sunni then only Muslims.

There is no "Shia" Muslim or "Sunni" Muslim in Quran or sayings of our prophet.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Is wahabi in the koran? It matters not, since most muslims are sunni, islamic turmoil will not end soon.

You lot just need to chill out.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When they find out there is much more in fighting their "enemies" than fighting with each other.
And there will be no Shia and no Sunni then only Muslims.
There is no "Shia" Muslim or "Sunni" Muslim in Quran or sayings of our prophet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 19 min bmz 201,162
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Mon Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Mon Ernie 118
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Mon scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 13 Lady shay 8
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Aug 9 Kathwynn 11

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
•••