Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
4,881 - 4,900 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
We would never be in the same group of anything.
38,000 other Christian sects wouldn't be in the same religion with you either.

A religion divided is no religion at all.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that in your mind, you're trying to prove a point. But in my mind, I'm just having a conversation. I'm not here to prove a point. Nor am I looking for evidence. Because I know that science will never be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that God exists or doesn't exist. There is no mathematical equation that will ever prove or disprove the existence of God. I get the questioning things bit. How else are we ever gonna learn anything? I just think you're going about it the wrong way. I think your analytical minds are overbaking it. It's not the quest for proof of the existence of God (even if only to try and disprove it), I don't think, that's the problem. It's the way you go about it that I think is the issue. Let's be honest. If science could prove or disprove beyond a shadow of a doubt that God does or doesn't exist, don't you think someone would have done it by now? Or at least come close? Be it far from me to tell anyone how to do anything. I'm only stating my own humble opinion. I don't care if others choose to believe in Hercules or Zeus or Krishna or whoever. Their beliefs don't affect me one bit. I don't feel threatened by them at all. I sure as hell don't judge em for it. I just don't believe that way myself.
So then why talk about it on topix forums??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evolutionists generally believe that although the spontaneous generation of life from non-living matter was a highly improbable event, the amount of time available is long enough to overcome this problem. This fallacy is because they (and most of us, really) just haven’t gotten around to some actual calculating on some of these problems.
The difficult thing is to conceive the size of some of the figures obtained. James F. Coppedge in the bookEvolution: Possible or Impossible? has given some fascinating examples, one of which is here presented. Consider first this statement from the evolutionist George Wald writing on The Origin of Life in the Scientific American (1954):
Time is in fact the hero of the plot. The time with which we have to deal is of the order of two billion years. What we regard as impossible on the basis of human experience is meaningless there. Given so much time, the “impossible” becomes possible; the possible probable, and the probable virtually certain. One has only to wait; time itself performs the miracles.
Now using Coppedge’s figures, let’s take a look at the time it would take for one simple gene to arrange itself by chance. Remember, natural selection cannot operate until a self-replicating system is produced. Of course, this gene by itself is still only a dead molecule in the absence of other genes and other complex chemicals all perfectly arranged in time and space. Nevertheless, let us use as many sets as there are atoms in the universe. Let us give chance the unbelievable number of attempts of eight trillion tries per second in each set! At this speed on average it would take 10^147 years to obtain just one stable gene. What does this number really mean? Let’s look at Coppedge’s example; assume we have an amoeba—and let’s assume that this little creature is given the task of carrying matter, one atom at a time from one edge of the universe to the other (though to be about thirty billion light years in diameter). Let’s further assume that this amoeba moves at the incredible slow pace of one Angstrom until (about the diameter of a hydrogen atom) every fifteen billion years (this is the assumed age of the universe assigned by many evolutionists). How much matter could this amoeba carry in this time calculated to arrange just one usable gene by chance? The answer is that he would be able to carry 2 x 10^21 complete universes!
This means that all the people living on earth, man, woman and child, counting day and night, would be counting for five thousand years just to count the number of entire universes which this amoeba would have transported across a distance of thirty billion light years, one atom at a time.
Coppedge’s book makes fascinating reading in other respects and is one of the few works that really comes to grips with this matter of molecular biology and probability mathematics.
Evolutionists would have us believe that modern molecular biology lends its support to their world view, but the more information comes to hand, the more preposterous the whole idea of a naturalistic origin of life becomes."
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/cm/v...
Right, but what if on one planet in a planet wide soupy ocean, 5,000^1,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000 such genes were all trying to "assemble" themselves at the same time over a billion years?? Hmmmm??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that Josephus has become the "Most Important Person" in Judeo Christian history.
I think his value has become more than Jesus'!!
Because he is often quoted as "One who confirmed" that Jesus existed!!
Can you beat it!!
A Historian "confirming" that God came to earth to see them!!
Stolen from a T-shirt

Christianity: Because we are so horrid, we made God kill himself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
It seems that most atheists are so narcissistic that they would have a very difficult time believing in anything greater than themselves. They rely a lot on intellect, which is definitely a less risky approach to life. To see the beauty of a sunset, or the miracle of a child being born, or the amazing transformation when one experiences unconditional love, and to still believe that life begins and ends with only human beings and no divinity seems utterly ridiculous. Most atheists seem to live on intellectual high ground that makes them appear to be superior to those of us who dare to have some belief system other than science. It seems that they get their kicks out of belittling those who have faith in God. To tout that faith and logic cannot coexist is short sighted. Basing your life only on hard facts and evidence leaves out a whole other dimension to life which includes intuition, spirituality, and the energy that exists between all living things. The unbelief of an atheist doesn't prove anything about the existence of God, it just proves the small mindedness of humans.
That's probably because they aren't stupid enough to thing "God did it with pixie dust" is a real answer.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
It seems that most atheists are so narcissistic that they would have a very difficult time believing in anything greater than themselves. They rely a lot on intellect, which is definitely a less risky approach to life. To see the beauty of a sunset, or the miracle of a child being born, or the amazing transformation when one experiences unconditional love, and to still believe that life begins and ends with only human beings and no divinity seems utterly ridiculous. Most atheists seem to live on intellectual high ground that makes them appear to be superior to those of us who dare to have some belief system other than science. It seems that they get their kicks out of belittling those who have faith in God. To tout that faith and logic cannot coexist is short sighted. Basing your life only on hard facts and evidence leaves out a whole other dimension to life which includes intuition, spirituality, and the energy that exists between all living things. The unbelief of an atheist doesn't prove anything about the existence of God, it just proves the small mindedness of humans.
First you claim it is OK for others to believe what they will, so that you can believe what you want in peace. Then you post this trollup.

You have revealed yourself to be a hypocritical liar.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Chew in that? Nice.
The early persecutors of the church (Romans) deliberately understood it as such, cannibalism. It is according to most christian belief systems, however, a memorial meal consisting of bread and wine which is taken in memory of the broken body of christ and the blood he shed for our sins. This is what Jesus tells us as Christians. To Catholics,however, and others who believe in the doctrine of transubstantiation the bread and wine are literally transformed into the substance of the bread and body of christ when consumed. This is yet another instance where man (catholic religion, etc) has taken something originally set in place as a beautiful memorial and turned it into something sick and twisted.
Still yet..

The practice was common during that era and for centuries before. It's even been said that IS what happened to the body - eaten by pagans hoping to "partake" of the Jesus!- and there was no resurrection at all...

Unless indigestion qualifies as such.

None of that can be proven, but it has been suggested and it can be neither verified or disproved. It's also been suggested that some early pagan converts to Christianity took that as a literal and desired precept of Christianity, and DID perform some cannibalistic rites.

Who knows for sure?

Keep in mind there were myriad religious beliefs in that region at the time.
01Justsayin wrote:
Please also remember that the "saints"of the catholic church are nothing more than their old pagan gods in saintly form. This is not right. It is not Biblical. I do not agree with it. However it does not reflect upon Jesus and his teachings, but rather upon the people who chose to corrupt them. This was a Paul (who was not a disciple of Jesus. he did not walk with him, serve with him, or minister with him.) thing. Not a Jesus's teaching thing. Catholics move in a different circle than all other Christian denominations for this very reason. Most of us don't agree with their teachings because they aren't entirely Biblical. Are all Catholics bad? No Are some of them misguided? Yes
The Jesus! didn't fulfill Judaic Messianic prophecy either, so I don't think Christianity in general can lay claim to absolute biblical OT authority or authenticity, and if that is the case(it is), then anything goes and Christianity is a new religion, only related to Judaism in that it borrowed elements from the parent religion of Judaism, which is usually what happens within religions. One evolves from another.
01Justsayin wrote:
Does this disprove God? No.
I guess it depends on the deities you're talking about. You know the Yahweh!, was borrowed from Canaanite religion, and was a lesser deity within that pantheon of Canaanite gods.

But that's another discussion, not related to cannibalism, although I do think they performed that too at times.

The Yahweh was one of the sons of El within that mythology before being adopted and becoming the primary deity of early Judaism, back when it was still polytheistic.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

"Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him."
Proverbs 26:4

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an impossibly high standard for history. The vast majority of ancient historians wrote centuries after the subject of their writings. Even for those who wrote from about the same time period were copied, and re-copied and it is often not clear who the original author was. Furthermore, most historians were writing to promote a particlar political viewpoint and were anything but unbiased sources.
This is part of what makes ancient history so difficult. If we look at Seutonius and his treatment of the early Roman emperors, we get a different picture than when we read Tacitus. And for many events those are our only two sources. Both of them wrote a century after Julius Ceasar but we generally consider them reliable about events of his life (although not perfectly so).
Even Cleopatra is incredibly difficult to get anything solid about. We have several people who wrote about her visit to Rome (including Cicero), but what happened at other times is so shaded by the Roman historians who are our only source that we certainly do NOT get a valid picture overall.
In the case of Jesus, we have a flood of 'inspirational writings', often attributed to the disciples, but also usually written from pure fantasy. This along with the growing legend makes anything that was copied by later Christians suspect. And that is *all* the writings we have. Finally, the writings that became the Bible were selected 300 years after the events described by those on one side of a political divide. We do not typically hear about the Gnostic writings and the early Chrisitans that disagreed with the Nicene creed.
You might enjoy this essay. http://www.bidstrup.com/bible.htm

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. Ya really hit the nail on the head with that joke. Feel better now? Everyone can read my motive behind reporting her. It's clearly visible. It had NOTHING to do with her being an atheist. It had EVERYTHING to do with her repeatedly being a foul individual. No one should have to put up with that. It's just straight up BS.
It's a forum, discussion and words are exchanged, sometimes we may not like those words.

Eh, you know the freedom of speech also necessarily includes the freedom to offend.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
1 The fool says in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.
2 The Lord looks down from heaven
on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand,
any who seek God.
3 All have turned away, all have become corrupt;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.
4 Do all these evildoers know nothing?
They devour my people as though eating bread;
they never call on the Lord.
5 But there they are, overwhelmed with dread,
for God is present in the company of the righteous.
6 You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor,
but the Lord is their refuge.
7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
When the Lord restores his people,
let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!
1 Corinthians 2:14 - Paul admits anyone with a rational mind will see right through the fantasy of religious dogma;

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned. "

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
"Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him."
Proverbs 26:4
11)I looked, and mine eye saw Jethro of Bodine. He was crouched and cowering, of great sorrow, and muttering; "why!, OH WHY?" Now, Granny, of stern measure and temper in a loud voice shouted "DAGNABBIT!" and sought to strike Jethro with a heavy iron skillet. 12)It was then Jed saw this, and spake these words; "Now boy, ya hadn'ta oughta gone and done that" - 3 Venetians 4:11-12 Parable of Lye Soap and The Cement Pond - NHE(New Hathaway Edition)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a forum, discussion and words are exchanged, sometimes we may not like those words.
Eh, you know the freedom of speech also necessarily includes the freedom to offend.
Hear! Hear! <applause!!>

"I don't have an attitude problem! You have a problem with my attitude! THAT is not my problem!" ~ stolen from somewhere, I'm sure.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that really how you feel? That the Bible is full of judgement? That's so...sad. In answer to your hypothetical question: No. Nobody in their right mind would accept that judgement. It saddens me to hear that's how you perceive the Bible. There's so much beauty and love written within the pages of it. Yet all you seem to notice is the negative. Not the message as a whole. So so so sad. I mean heartbreakingly sad. I honestly don't know what to say to that.
That's as may be, but at the end of the day, the Bible tells us that we're all going to be judged by our works.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
1 The fool says in his heart,
There is no God.
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.
Do you truly believe that?

Do you honestly think that all non-believers are corrupt doers of vile deeds, never going any good?

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
This is not right. It is not Biblical. I do not agree with it.
Saying that something is Biblical does not make it right.

The Bible is pro-slavery, pro-rape, pro-genocide. These things are not right.

If you want to pick and choose the parts of the Bible that you like and ignore the ones you don't, that's fine. But if you do that, you don't get to proclaim that the parts you like have any more or less validity than the parts you don't like.

Slavery = okay
Shrimp = abomination

If you want to cite the Bible as a holy book with the power of God behind it, then you have to take it ALL.

If you pick and choose then it is no better or worse than any other book.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for sharing your religious belief.
No problem

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Now do you also want to shoot Hindus in he head with a shotgun as you confessed you want to do to atheists?

Interesting how belief in Christ has lead you down such a violent intolerant world view. Some morality!
"Now do you also want to shoot Hindus in he head with a shotgun as you confessed you want to do to atheists?"

What is wrong with you?

Please show one post where I talk about using a shotgun on atheist.

Just another lie from someone who can't stop lying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>38,000 other Christian sects wouldn't be in the same religion with you either.

A religion divided is no religion at all.
LOL!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Right, but what if on one planet in a planet wide soupy ocean, 5,000^1,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000 such genes were all trying to "assemble" themselves at the same time over a billion years?? Hmmmm??
Zero chance. LOL!!

What a Dolt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr El Cid 201,245
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 13 Lady shay 8
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Aug 9 Kathwynn 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••