Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 208)

Showing posts 4,141 - 4,160 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4320
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You're in the right place bud they are the ones forsaking their Christian buddies on the Christian threads.

There is nothing over there they wish to comment on. As Jesus said you cannot serve two masters.:)

I just get a kick out of how by coming here especially practically living on the atheism forum they are spitting on the teachings of Christ. And that dear lady is a definite victory for us. They may not be noticing that atheist cancer eating them from the inside out but it's there and I wager at least 2 more of the regular Christian posters on here lose their faith.

How nice.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaha!!!
That's pretty funny!
Uhm...it makes me feel like a loser for coming here to argue with them! Oh, well, if the boot fits...
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4321
Jan 25, 2013
 
He's not the sharpest picnic in the drawer.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaha!!!
That's pretty funny!
Uhm...it makes me feel like a loser for coming here to argue with them! Oh, well, if the boot fits...

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4322
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
You're in the right place bud they are the ones forsaking their Christian buddies on the Christian threads.
There is nothing over there they wish to comment on. As Jesus said you cannot serve two masters.:)
I just get a kick out of how by coming here especially practically living on the atheism forum they are spitting on the teachings of Christ. And that dear lady is a definite victory for us. They may not be noticing that atheist cancer eating them from the inside out but it's there and I wager at least 2 more of the regular Christian posters on here lose their faith.
How nice.
<quoted text>
It would be a blessing for them to do so. I'm not too concerned with causing anyone to lose their faith. I'd just like them to understand how science works :)

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4323
Jan 25, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
He's not the sharpest picnic in the drawer.
<quoted text>
ah, me no savvy.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4324
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I never mix my metaphors before they are hatched.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
ah, me no savvy.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4325
Jan 25, 2013
 
Yes actual science not the invisible sky wizard edition :)
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a blessing for them to do so. I'm not too concerned with causing anyone to lose their faith. I'd just like them to understand how science works :)
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4327
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

JESUS IS A PURELY FICTIONAL CHARACTER, NO MORE REAL THAN MICKEY MOUSE

Religions are based on fairy tales for the weak-minded, gullible and mentally ill.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4328
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aliroger1 wrote:
JESUS IS A PURELY FICTIONAL CHARACTER, NO MORE REAL THAN MICKEY MOUSE
Religions are based on fairy tales for the weak-minded, gullible and mentally ill.
This kind of open and obvious agi-prop reveals the mindset of your average "atheist"..

Real atheists dont argue Jesus as a historical figure, they dont dismiss whole swaths of the population past & present inlcuding some of its greatest and most prolific artists, writers, academics, scientists, lawyers, doctors,(on ad in finitum) as "weak-minded, gullible and mentally ill" -(like Ganhi, Martin Luther King and Pope John Paul the II ...huh)

Nor do they dismiss the most widely read, published and influential book (by far) in western history to be based on "fairy tales".

Clearly this is anti-religious bigotry at its most obvious. It is fodder for little minds that use these straw-man arguments and non starters as a way to engrandize there ego's by hoisting themselves over such large numbers of their fellow men (past & present).

Its all rather transparent... Their are serious minded atheists in the world who have a strong case for the (non) exsitance of God as well as compelling cases to be made against religion as well as Christianity in particular... they just apparently are not making them on this particular thread (with one exception)

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4329
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of open and obvious agi-prop reveals the mindset of your average "atheist"..
Real atheists dont argue Jesus as a historical figure, they dont dismiss whole swaths of the population past & present inlcuding some of its greatest and most prolific artists, writers, academics, scientists, lawyers, doctors,(on ad in finitum) as "weak-minded, gullible and mentally ill" -(like Ganhi, Martin Luther King and Pope John Paul the II ...huh)
Nor do they dismiss the most widely read, published and influential book (by far) in western history to be based on "fairy tales".
Clearly this is anti-religious bigotry at its most obvious. It is fodder for little minds that use these straw-man arguments and non starters as a way to engrandize there ego's by hoisting themselves over such large numbers of their fellow men (past & present).
Its all rather transparent... Their are serious minded atheists in the world who have a strong case for the (non) exsitance of God as well as compelling cases to be made against religion as well as Christianity in particular... they just apparently are not making them on this particular thread (with one exception)
You have no evidence there was a Jesus figure, he might well have been an aggregated allegory for all you know. And that would be a best case.

Personally, I like the theory that Saul/Paul made the whole thing up. He was the first to write about this "Christ" figure and he never even met such a man. Even the authors of the "gospels" were not the original disciples, they never met this "Christ" figure, but they knew Saul/Paul.

Go figure!!
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4330
Jan 25, 2013
 
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no evidence there was a Jesus figure, he might well have been an aggregated allegory for all you know. And that would be a best case.
Personally, I like the theory that Saul/Paul made the whole thing up. He was the first to write about this "Christ" figure and he never even met such a man. Even the authors of the "gospels" were not the original disciples, they never met this "Christ" figure, but they knew Saul/Paul.
Go figure!!
You have "no evidence" that Saul/Paul existed either. For that matter you have "no evidence" that Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Homer, or any figure form antiquity existed.

Of coarse serious people dont use your standard of proof of for the existance of historical figures. Such people are simply dismissed as morons.

As it is said "absense of evidence is not evidence of absense"

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4331
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have "no evidence" that Saul/Paul existed either. For that matter you have "no evidence" that Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Homer, or any figure form antiquity existed.
Of coarse serious people dont use your standard of proof of for the existance of historical figures. Such people are simply dismissed as morons.
As it is said "absense of evidence is not evidence of absense"
Actually, SOMEONE calling themselves Saul/Paul wrote the Pauline letters.

Seems if there really were an almighty God come to earth in human form, he would have at least thought to do the same or better. But nope, nada!! Maybe he did it but someone hid it, or destroyed it ... but that would mean he didn't see that coming and couldn't prevent it, but that would mean he's not God.... seems without leaving his very own message, there is no way this God of yours can be the real deal!
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4332
Jan 25, 2013
 
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, SOMEONE calling themselves Saul/Paul wrote the Pauline letters.
!
Using your "logic" - how do we know? What evidence do you have that a Saul of Tarsus even existened. Why is that not the fictional letters of a mythical figure written by a (say) disgruntled Jew who wanted to make the Pharisee's look bad and made it all up?

I'm afraid serious schlolars secular or religious simply dont approach historical texts or the existance of historical figures using such a strange approach.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4333
Jan 25, 2013
 
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your "logic" - how do we know? What evidence do you have that a Saul of Tarsus even existened. Why is that not the fictional letters of a mythical figure written by a (say) disgruntled Jew who wanted to make the Pharisee's look bad and made it all up?
I'm afraid serious schlolars secular or religious simply dont approach historical texts or the existance of historical figures using such a strange approach.
It doesn't matter. The letters exist and someone calling themselves Saul/Paul of Tarsus wrote them. It doesn't really matter if actually was a closeted lesbian masquerading as a monk or even a Jewish pedophile named Sam. What matters is someone calling themselves "Saul/Paul of Tarsus" wrote those letters. The fact the letters exist prove that person existed.

Get it? Bet not!

But we don't even have that much for your all blundering gauwd.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4334
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. The letters exist and someone calling themselves Saul/Paul of Tarsus wrote them. It doesn't really matter if actually was a closeted lesbian masquerading as a monk or even a Jewish pedophile named Sam. What matters is someone calling themselves "Saul/Paul of Tarsus" wrote those letters. The fact the letters exist prove that person existed.
Get it? Bet not!
But we don't even have that much for your all blundering gauwd.
It proves no such thing...I "got it" the first time when it did not make any sense. By your standard (and thats the key) anyone could have written it or a whole commitee could have written it and the fact that such letters exist dont anymore prove the existance of Saul of Tarsus then the poem "the Night Before Christmas" proves Santa Clause exists.

Indeed, multiple 2nd person accounts of a persons life and teachings by multiple authors are greater proof for the existance of a historical figure than are supposed letters.

This is all of coarse by your standards of proof that are no standards at all, and are simply post-hoc ad-hoc, agi-prop nonsense used to prop your ego's up because you hate religion.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4335
Jan 25, 2013
 
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of open and obvious agi-prop reveals the mindset of your average "atheist"..
Real atheists dont argue Jesus as a historical figure, they dont dismiss whole swaths of the population past & present inlcuding some of its greatest and most prolific artists, writers, academics, scientists, lawyers, doctors,(on ad in finitum) as "weak-minded, gullible and mentally ill" -(like Ganhi, Martin Luther King and Pope John Paul the II ...huh)
Nor do they dismiss the most widely read, published and influential book (by far) in western history to be based on "fairy tales".
Clearly this is anti-religious bigotry at its most obvious. It is fodder for little minds that use these straw-man arguments and non starters as a way to engrandize there ego's by hoisting themselves over such large numbers of their fellow men (past & present).
Its all rather transparent... Their are serious minded atheists in the world who have a strong case for the (non) exsitance of God as well as compelling cases to be made against religion as well as Christianity in particular... they just apparently are not making them on this particular thread (with one exception)
GANDHI, MARTIN LUTHER KING AND ALL THE POPES ARE IDIOTS

Gandhi slept with his nubile niece to prove he could eradicate all erotic feelings and eliminate his libido---the poor fool was devastated to wake up with a woodie--no mention of how the poor young teen niece felt about sleeping with her 70 yo uncle and waking up to him with a woodie!!! Other notable nonsense with Gandhi was his commendation for a great drink he often imbibed---cow dung mixed in yoghurt!!! LOL
Martin Luther King was a politician who used religion. Everything great about MLK is connected with his politics, not his religious bullsht.
The popes are leaders of the largest pedophile organization in the history of the world!!! Why you think pedophiles are great people is very telling!!!
Run along! Scram! And take the other religious whackos with you!!! The insane asylums are full of Jesuses!!!
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4336
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

THE WORKS PRESENTED AS THAT OF PLATO, ARISTOTLE, SOCRATES ETC STAND ON THEIR OWN

The ideas presented in the works are not dependent on who wrote them. There are no claims of magic in the works to make them relevant and valuable, requiring the reader to believe in a deity. Whether the writer of great works from the time of Pagan Europe is a historical figure or not is irrelevant because the exercise is intellectual and does not demand one make a leap of faith and spiritual belief. Theological works require one suspend one's intellect and engage in an act of faith. For example, reading a comic book on Mickey Mouse does not require anyone to believe in a talking mouse who is morphed into a human-like rodent. Snow White does not require one believe that the events described actually happened. One knows it is fiction and take pleasure in the ideas. Disney is not god. In theology, Disney is god!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4337
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It proves no such thing...I "got it" the first time when it did not make any sense. By your standard (and thats the key) anyone could have written it or a whole commitee could have written it and the fact that such letters exist dont anymore prove the existance of Saul of Tarsus then the poem "the Night Before Christmas" proves Santa Clause exists.
Indeed, multiple 2nd person accounts of a persons life and teachings by multiple authors are greater proof for the existance of a historical figure than are supposed letters.
This is all of coarse by your standards of proof that are no standards at all, and are simply post-hoc ad-hoc, agi-prop nonsense used to prop your ego's up because you hate religion.
"Twas the night before Christmas" proves Clement Clarke Moore existed. It does not prove Santa Claus existed.

"The Buy Bull's Pauline letters" proves Saul/Paul of Tarsus existed. It does not prove Jesus Christ existed.

Try to pay attention for crying out loud!!
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4338
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
"Twas the night before Christmas" proves Clement Clarke Moore existed. It does not prove Santa Claus existed.
"The Buy Bull's Pauline letters" proves Saul/Paul of Tarsus existed. It does not prove Jesus Christ existed.
Try to pay attention for crying out loud!!
Your failing by your own impossible standards that are simple knee-jerk responses for a lazy mind. The Gospels according to Luke, John, Mark, ect dont prove that those people exist..

Your flailing at the agi-prop agenda of pretending Jesus is not a well established historical figure by serious minds and nopt anti-religious bigots who have to make up arguments because they cant argue real philosophy of religion, physics, science, theology and the like.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4341
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aliroger1 wrote:
THE WORKS PRESENTED AS THAT OF PLATO, ARISTOTLE, SOCRATES ETC STAND ON THEIR OWN
The ideas presented in the works are not dependent on who wrote them. There are no claims of magic in the works to make them relevant and valuable, requiring the reader to believe in a deity. Whether the writer of great works from the time of Pagan Europe is a historical figure or not is irrelevant because the exercise is intellectual and does not demand one make a leap of faith and spiritual belief. Theological works require one suspend one's intellect and engage in an act of faith. For example, reading a comic book on Mickey Mouse does not require anyone to believe in a talking mouse who is morphed into a human-like rodent. Snow White does not require one believe that the events described actually happened. One knows it is fiction and take pleasure in the ideas. Disney is not god. In theology, Disney is god!
Wow ...someone has never read the works of Plato, Socrates and Arostotle. Multiple theological claims are made as well as multiple claims about the nature of the physical as well as metaphysical universe.

If these "stand on their own" then so does scripture.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4342
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
GANDHI, MARTIN LUTHER KING AND ALL THE POPES ARE IDIOTS
Gandhi slept with his nubile niece to prove he could eradicate all erotic feelings and eliminate his libido---the poor fool was devastated to wake up with a woodie--no mention of how the poor young teen niece felt about sleeping with her 70 yo uncle and waking up to him with a woodie!!! Other notable nonsense with Gandhi was his commendation for a great drink he often imbibed---cow dung mixed in yoghurt!!! LOL
Martin Luther King was a politician who used religion. Everything great about MLK is connected with his politics, not his religious bullsht.
The popes are leaders of the largest pedophile organization in the history of the world!!! Why you think pedophiles are great people is very telling!!!
Run along! Scram! And take the other religious whackos with you!!! The insane asylums are full of Jesuses!!!
Gosh...the people you think are "idiots" did what?

Gahdi - Freed an entire civilization from colonial domination without firing a shot

MLK.- A devoutly religious man as demonstrated by his church based non-violant protest movement, his constant use of Biblical imagerey in scriptural passages throughout his speeches and sermons, and his writtings such as "Letters from a Birmingham Jail"
Ended racial segregation without firing a shot.

Pope John Paul the Second - Brought down Communism and the Societ Empire without firing a shot.

To the atheist mind these are "idiots"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,141 - 4,160 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••