Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3817 Jan 18, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>WHERE IS THE 100% PROOF THAT JESUS AND THE BIBLE ARE NOT FICTIONAL???

Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ is a historical character. There is a consensus amongst credible historians that the bible is a work of fiction and Jesus and Moses are fictional characters, along with all the other key characters in the bible.
"Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ is a historical character. "
LMAO!

Nut case! LOL

"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946

When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:

“By this test, Jesus stands first.”

“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”

“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”

Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic Society

In A History of Christianity:

“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”

“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”

“No other life lived on this planet has so widely and deeply affected mankind.”

George Bancroft, great American historian

“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”"

http://www.why-jesus.com/history.htm

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3818 Jan 18, 2013
Jumper wrote:
My sister's friend was sent over there in the middle east as a female MP.at an army base.
Some Saudi guy asked this male soldier if she was for sale and tried to buy her.They had to send her home because she tried pull her side arm on that dude.
Too bad she didn't shoot him till he looked like Swiss cheese. If you're going to get sent home, might as well make it worth it.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3819 Jan 18, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>So then, breeding populations get separated (selected) often in nature. That's how one species can be "selectively" bred into different species without a designer's intervention.

Evolution is a fact. Deal with it!
Please feel free to list your proof of the fact (as you put it) of evolution. I'm not talking of the simply turning on or off genes, I am talking of macro evolution where one kind produces another kind.
And if you try to play the "there is no such thing as micro or macro evolution card" you might want to look here first.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...

Yup your own Berkeley University.

And if you try the old fossil record thing I can spam thousands of articles from science journals and other sources that openly admit to an incomplete fossil record with many missing intermediate fossil.

Ok now list your proof!

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3820 Jan 18, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? There is all sorts of evidence for evolution, and the buy-bull story of creation is clearly absurd.
Both only in the minds of the brainwashed

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Right Here with my feet up

#3821 Jan 18, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, breeding populations get separated (selected) often in nature. That's how one species can be "selectively" bred into different species without a designer's intervention.
Evolution is a fact. Deal with it!
Wolf and dog ate through same species deal with it, the myth of evolution is a lie, fact.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#3822 Jan 18, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
.... the myth of evolution is a lie, fact.
Proof?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#3823 Jan 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
But Saudi isn't Japan or the UK. You'd instantly be in the wrong and the corrupt Saudi police would f**k you up with no chance of appeal.
Plus sharia says you only get half a vote because you weren't born with a penis in one hand and a koran in the other.
<quoted text>
oh. Well, a knife and a Koran will solve that problem! Then I will have ... one in each hand :)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3824 Jan 18, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
One 100% irrefutable fact about evolution, lol at your DNA, YHVH created it.
Ha! Such a poor dodge you made. Your deity is an imagined one. It had no contribution to the beginnings of life or evolution of species. It's very easy to show this - ready?

How do you demonstrate your deity created DNA?

Answer: You cannot. You'll dodge or write something obtuse and sarcastic, or include a special plea to your mythological text, but you won't be able to demonstrate that your deity exists or had anything to do with DNA.

But by all means, please show us the research that can be performed to suggest that your deity created DNA, or that DNA is created. I mean...right now...all science demonstrates, both in the lab and out of it, that DNA is the product of evolution and that gene pools continue to evolve.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3825 Jan 18, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong once again, I do not presume YHVH God of Israel created the universe I know He did With 100% confidence.
That's called "dogmatic belief" not science.

Your "knowing" that your deity created the universe is as strong as a Shintoist's "knowing" that their deities found this universe as is, and the Hindu's "knowing" that their deities created the universe, etc., etc.

All you religious people "know" you worship the "one, true god" and have the "one, true religion." And none of you have any evidence but your own encultured experiences and appeals to mythology.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3826 Jan 18, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you choose to disregard the facts of creation that is your choice.
All the way through this chat the myth (lie) of evolution brigade have made the following two claims 1) evolution is science, and 2) evolution is fact. I am only asking for the scientific proof.
There are no "facts of creation."It's just a phrase you made up. As of yet, you have been totally unable to list a single fact beyond writing about your personal belief in it.

That's cute. It's like you're a child who knows Santa is coming.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3827 Jan 19, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Please feel free to list your proof of the fact (as you put it) of evolution. I'm not talking of the simply turning on or off genes, I am talking of macro evolution where one kind produces another kind.
And if you try to play the "there is no such thing as micro or macro evolution card" you might want to look here first.
And if you try the old fossil record thing I can spam thousands of articles from science journals and other sources that openly admit to an incomplete fossil record with many missing intermediate fossil.
Ok now list your proof!
It's been done in the lab over and over. In 1972 a brand new symbiote evolved out of an amoeba species and its bacterial parasite. Two years ago E coli. evolved into a brand new species in the lab that could digest citrate. One of the defining features of E coli is that it cannot digest citrate.

150 years ago 11 rabbits were released in Australia. There are now 4 separate species of rabbits living in Australia.

You're mistaken about the fossil record because you don't understand what a species is. That's a your ignorance problem, not a problem of biological science. We have so many transition fossils from H. erectus to H. sapiens that the main arguments in paleoanthropology are about how to classify them - whether to put them in separate species or to lump them into a few. Both are incorrect ways of looking at it. The transition from H. erectus to H. sapiens is, more accurately, a change in gene frequencies in the Homo gene pool over time.

I know, I know, you won't understand this. That's ok. I don't expect you to.

You didn't come here to learn about evolution - you came here to reinforce your religious belief through the willfully ignorant denial of science.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3828 Jan 19, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
TOKYO--Japanese police will next week launch a crackdown against sexual molesters on Tokyo's rush-hour trains, officials and news reports said Thursday.
Hey, thanks for that!
I'm trying to find a link to it.

Oh, just did. That's from 2010...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3829 Jan 19, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok now list your proof!
From your own source:

"Microevolution happens on a small scale (within a single population), while macroevolution happens on a scale that transcends the boundaries of a single species. Despite their differences, evolution at both of these levels relies on the same, established mechanisms of evolutionary change:

mutation
migration
genetic drift
natural selection"

As you appear to desire not to know, macroevolution is simply microevolution + time. With the exception of a very few fossil lineages, the fossil record consists of snapshots of time - we get picture at Time=1 and Time=8 and miss all the steps in between (which are more smoothe). So the fossil record looks saltatory, even though evolution is (generally) not, because the in between time shots are missing.

But we don't have that problem with H. erectus to H. sapiens, nor with horses, a bunch of mud dwelling creatures like bivalves, and some other ones.

Chicago, IL

#3830 Jan 19, 2013
I do have the right to say you must follow the terms and conditions of topix or be reported for violating them.

Again you need to start answering questions if you wish to participate and stop posting walls of text off topic spam. You do not own this thread nor website either and as such you are beholden to it's terms and conditions just like everyone else is.

So you have been more than properly warned and we have been more than patient with you because of your obvious poor education and deplorable living conditions, but now it's time you either step it up or be prepared to have your spam walls of text reported properly for mass deletion and rightfully so.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not own this thread and you have no "right" to "demand" people to follow "Your ways".
So just shut up and if you do not like my posts, look the other way and let it be for reading of other people.
This is MY warning to you and other members of your "gang"

Chicago, IL

#3831 Jan 19, 2013
Annoyed we ask you questions that you don't like you mean. If you don't like people asking you honest questions or if you are ashamed to answer those questions stop coming to the atheism forum or posting on threads where you see lots of atheists posting.

Yes you would probably be better sticking to your Muslim threads if you are scared of our questions. Either way your off topic walls of text spam will from now on be reported for mass deletion and rightfully so as they violate the topix terms and conditions.

Freedom of speech is about the government not stopping you from voicing your opinion in a proper setting it has nothing to do with a private website which topix is. As a private website thy are allowed to set their own terms and conditions, terms that you violate with your walls of spam.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should learn how to take a pinch of salt with your daily sugar!! I also feel annoyed by all that crap you people write, did you hear me complaining?
What sort of "freedom of speech and expression" you people preach tot he world?

Chicago, IL

#3832 Jan 19, 2013
You were already humiliated on this. Who cares why a fiction writer said about Jesus? Who cares what anyone's opinion on Jesus is?

Show the proof for a historical Jesus not people saying he existed because they said so. Actual historic proof.

Any century now.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ is a historical character. "
LMAO!
Nut case! LOL
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied who cares.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3833 Jan 19, 2013
I've jumped into this debate recently and have read through the various post. Unless I missed it, there doesn't appear to be a middle ground on this thread. One is either an atheist, dismissive, and contemptuous of faith, or a religious person equally dismissive of science. Personally I don't believe science and religious faith are incompatible. There are intelligent men and women who posses a belief in a supernatural God, force, and/or power, and are also members of the scientific community.

http://www.pbs.org/faithandreason/transcript/...
George Coyne is a Jesuit priest and an astronomer. He is director of the Vatican Observatory, and head of the Observatorys research group which is based at the University of Arizona in Tuscon. Father Coyne is the host of the Divine Action series of conferences which bring together scientists and theologians from around the world.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#3834 Jan 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
I've jumped into this debate recently and have read through the various post. Unless I missed it, there doesn't appear to be a middle ground on this thread. One is either an atheist, dismissive, and contemptuous of faith, or a religious person equally dismissive of science. Personally I don't believe science and religious faith are incompatible. There are intelligent men and women who posses a belief in a supernatural God, force, and/or power, and are also members of the scientific community.
George Coyne is a Jesuit priest and an astronomer. He is director of the Vatican Observatory, and head of the Observatorys research group which is based at the University of Arizona in Tuscon. Father Coyne is the host of the Divine Action series of conferences which bring together scientists and theologians from around the world.
Most atheists I know (including on these threads) are only dismissive and contemptuous of the fundamentalist mindset.

These are the people who believe Earth is less than 20,000 years old and who hate science but have no idea what science is.

These are the people who believe a person can't be moral or happy or a complete functioning person without believing in a god.

These are the people working on getting the government to sponsor their religion and exclude all others.

These are the only religious people we see in these Topix threads.
Which kind of makes one wonder if this is really the attitude of a majority of religious people who are only masking their true feelings because they don't have the anonymity of the internet.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

#3835 Jan 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not own this thread and you have no "right" to "demand" people to follow "Your ways".
So just shut up and if you do not like my posts, look the other way and let it be for reading of other people.
This is MY warning to you and other members of your "gang"
If you want to be 'holier than thou' I suggest you be prepared to answer a few simple questions.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

#3836 Jan 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
It's good that there are religious folk who can encompass science. But ... Science has no place for magic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Dragnet52 203,378
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Oct 10 Liam R 3
Wiccan Arrested on Child Rape Charges (Apr '10) Oct 9 Lee County NC 46
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep 28 Ol Fuddy Duddy 2
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sep 21 thetruth 21
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep '14 Kathwynn 14
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep '14 Kathwynn 503

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE