Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 177)

Showing posts 3,521 - 3,540 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Your challenge was answered 160 years ago. You have no facts to speak of and no support for your silly creationism. Hence, your challenge is just a house of cards - no substance whatsoever.
And that's why you're incapable of laying down any kind of theoretical framework for creationism. Because it doesn't have one and is utterly worthless at explaining biological phenomena.
That is only because you know you nor any of the followers of the myth (lie) can actually 100% conclusively prove the myth (lie) to be fact. No one here has many have tried none have you are all just misguided brainwashed students of the world.

I don't have a theoretical framework for creationism I have a factual framework no theory involved only fact.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are two things 1) disgusting 2) totally ignorant.
I AM A FAITHFUL SERVANT OF TRUTH, WHICH IS THE NAME OF THE LORD, WHEREAS YOU ARE A SERVANT OF SATAN

Your arrogance and pride will be entered into the ledger and on judgment day you will be despatched to everlasting Hell and Damnation. Out you unrepentant Sinner!
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are two things 1) disgusting 2) totally ignorant.
A list of nobodies with mechanical engineers, mathematicians and astronomers included, signifying nothing. WHERE ARE THE JOURNALS THEY PUBLISHED IN AND THE LIST OF ARTICLES THEY PUBLISHED, AS PER MY ORIGINAL POST:

"NAME THE SCIENTISTS AND JOURNALS WHERE THEY HAVE PUBLISHED"?????

Take your Dr Geoff Downes for example. He is an expert in wood quality for saw mill operations. What does he know about the theory of evolution and what articles has he published in peer reviewed journals on the subject of the theory of evolution? Present the articles on this topic he has published in peer reviewed science journals of pubmed quality!!!! LOLLLLLL

LOLLLLL

COLIN-THE-Denier throws out a meaningless list of names without the journal article citations!!!

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Your off topic walls of spam text will from now on be reported for mass deletion which is what topix will often to to such.

Again I suggest you start actually participating in a conversation which includes answering questions and not just blindingly eat up bandwidth and time by clogging the threads with your off topic spam. The better way to do it is post a brief line or two about what you want to say and then provide a link to the page. This will keep you compliant with the rules and prevent all your posts being mass deleted.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And I war you, you seem to be acting "like a Bully and strong arm man" on this thread.
Who gave you "Authority" to speak like that?
is it YOUR thread, do you own it, do you monitor it?
Do whatever you like, it is a public thread and I post my views in civil words.
if that is what you will report to me for, go ahead.
I wonder there are so many people on this thread and no one speaks to this "Bully"?
Why every one acts like dumb and moot?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Bart is a former evangelical who thought the world would end in 1988. His argument for Jesus actually existing is that the story is so bad and so stupid that some of it has to be true.

Which seriously for him being such a smart guy that is a terribly poor argument.

Bottom line we have no eye witnesses to Jesus no contemporary writers who claim to have seen him even the so called Christians couldn't be bothered to write about him until at least 50 years later! A guy supposedly raises the dead and states down Pilate and Herod but yet nobody thought it was worth writing about? Wtf!?

No historical proof and Bart keeps refusing to argue with Doctor Plant on this subject which is sad as they are colleagues and friends but this is a discussion Bart refuses to have.
Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.npr.org/2012/04/01/ 149462376/did-jesus-exist-a-hi storian-makes-his-case
So, did Jesus really exist? With his new book, Did Jesus Exist? Jesus was never mentioned in any Roman sources and there is no archeological evidence that Jesus ever existed. Even Christian sources are problematic the Gospels come long after Jesus' death, written by people who never saw the man.
"Most importantly," he explains, "these mythicists point out that there are Pagan gods who were said to die and rise again and so the idea is that Jesus was made up as a Jewish god who died and rose again."
<quoted text>
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
His argument for Jesus actually existing is that the story is so bad and so stupid that some of it has to be true.
Which seriously for him being such a smart guy that is a terribly poor argument.
<quoted text>
I think its quite a reasonable argument. If you were to invent a complete fiction from scratch, you would likely have something more ordered and have less incidents which would be embarrassing for later christians.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Ah but at that time the Jesus story was commonplace and not only accepted but wildly popular as seen in dozens of other gods and sons of various gods. To us it seems silly but it was cookie cutter religious folklore to them at the time of it's writing.
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its quite a reasonable argument. If you were to invent a complete fiction from scratch, you would likely have something more ordered and have less incidents which would be embarrassing for later christians.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Just to clarify my above post. I think it reasonable that stories may be supported in part by real people. People who were wild eyed fanatics, religious zealots. Nutcases in other words. Legends could have grown up around such legendary figures. But that is not to say, there is any solid conclusions that can be drawn from contradictory and shambolic accounts written decades later.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is only because you know you nor any of the followers of the myth (lie) can actually 100% conclusively prove the myth (lie) to be fact. No one here has many have tried none have you are all just misguided brainwashed students of the world.
I don't have a theoretical framework for creationism I have a factual framework no theory involved only fact.
Evolution is a fact. I already explained this to you and already produced scientific writing that declared it a fact and scientists who agree with that, as per your request.

I see you have failed to present one single biological science paper using creationism as theory or even as hypothesis.

That is not surprising since creationism is religious belief - nonsensical, harmful religious belief in this case - and has nothing whatsoever to do with science.

Again you have demonstrated gross ignorance with respect to science in claiming that "creationism is a factual framework." To repeat: theoretical frameworks provide overarching explanations for phenomena. From them we can draw testable, disprovable hypotheses.

Creationism is utterly unable to do that. It does not provide an explanatory framework for all biological phenomena - it's totally worthless, which is why science tossed it out 160 years ago. Creationism has led to nothing but ignorance and lining the pockets of religious leaders - thanks to dupes like yourself who willfully keep yourselves ignorant.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation stop?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And I war you, you seem to be acting "like a Bully and strong arm man" on this thread.
Who gave you "Authority" to speak like that?
is it YOUR thread, do you own it, do you monitor it?
Do whatever you like, it is a public thread and I post my views in civil words.
if that is what you will report to me for, go ahead.
I wonder there are so many people on this thread and no one speaks to this "Bully"?
Why every one acts like dumb and moot?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation stop?
<quoted text>
Ol' muqer is burying his head in the sand, literally, when it comes to acknowledging the barbarity and cruelty of his belief system.
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mass teaching the myth (lie) of evolution does not convert the myth (lie) to the truth, the aim of mass teaching a myth (lie) as fact is brainwashing the masses
Your church teaches mass lies......You dont like that right???????

YOU ARE AN UNEDUCATED FOOL WHO EVERYONE HERE HAS CRUSHED UNDER THE WIEGHT OF FACT AND TRUTH...You have lost....simple as that hitler.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove with 100% confidence that the earth orbits the sun. Prove with 100% confidence that there are atoms.

Your demand for 100% confidence is absurd.

On the other hand, we certainly have 99.99999% confidence in ALL of these ideas. And that is enough for rational people.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Your church teaches mass lies......You dont like that right???????
YOU ARE AN UNEDUCATED FOOL WHO EVERYONE HERE HAS CRUSHED UNDER THE WIEGHT OF FACT AND TRUTH...You have lost....simple as that hitler.
First you know very little of what I believe, I don't go to " a church".

Second no one has even come close to beating me. I have yet to see any one present any facts to support the myth (lie) of evolution. I agree that your high priest "deluded" dawkins once said "we must teach the theory of evolution as if it were fact, to children as young as possible". That goes well with his job if high priest.

I am yet to read any scientific papers published by any of you presenting your 100% irrefutable factual evidence. Until then if you think you have won then you are as deluded as "deluded" dawkins.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove with 100% confidence that the earth orbits the sun. Prove with 100% confidence that there are atoms.
Your demand for 100% confidence is absurd.
On the other hand, we certainly have 99.99999% confidence in ALL of these ideas. And that is enough for rational people.
So we finally have s partial realist, " we font know with 100% confidence" thankyou. And you admit it is only an idea thankyou since this idea are you so confident in?
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Your English gets worse, Yigal.
No wonder you're not getting anywhere.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So we finally have s partial realist, " we font know with 100% confidence" thankyou. And you admit it is only an idea thankyou since this idea are you so confident in?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Your English gets worse, Yigal.
No wonder you're not getting anywhere.
<quoted text>
Oh dear one little typo and you are on the bandwagon once again, funny how when you or your cohorts do the same thing no one mentions it. Maturity is not your thing is it.

But alas back to the topic at hand if you spent as much time studying your little myth (lie) then you would find errors there to, but no maturity is not you thing, is it.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. NOTHING in the *real world* is known with 100% confidence. What else is new?
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Five typos, not one.
Also, you make such grammar errors that your meaning is ambiguous.
Up your game, Yigal.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear one little typo and you are on the bandwagon once again, funny how when you or your cohorts do the same thing no one mentions it. Maturity is not your thing is it.
But alas back to the topic at hand if you spent as much time studying your little myth (lie) then you would find errors there to, but no maturity is not you thing, is it.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is plenty of evidence for evolution. But it takes more than 4K characters to present it.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/sear...

The creation myth in Genesis is absurd. There is no evidence to back it up. It's is clearly a story made up by ignorant, primitive people. People ignorant of the existence of DNA, the fact that the sun is needed for life on earth...

And why are you so coy about the religious sect you belong to? Why won't you just tell us the name of it? Provide us a link to its web site?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,521 - 3,540 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••