Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,445

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

United States

#3166 Jan 12, 2013
How about you actually read the damn forum, these apologetic arguments have been answered dozens of times before. But if you want a fresh explanation you need to answer questions asked of you as well and so far all you do is ignore said questions and bumble on with your Fox News style gotcha questions.
inv e wrote:
@ Hidingfromyou and anyone else interested who has more knowledge on the subject than I.
Im tyring to look at this as objectively as I can. Say, for life to come into being it must have been preceeded from one before. For there to be a 'reason' for a being to come into existence, it has to have come from the one before. Now, let us say we are all such, if I may call contingent beings.
If that is the case, here is my question, if evolution explains the process and following our hypothesis earlier, for there to be a reason for one being coming into existence it must have been preceeded by infinite such beings? Or did life come into existence because the conditions were right?
Maybe by following reason, the big bang theory may explain where the elements came from, but how did living, moving, life begin if it didn't come from infinity? It would be interesting to find out one day...

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#3167 Jan 12, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

IF your god ordered you to kill the child next door to you, would you obey?
Note my use of the word "if" as opposed to "when". I'm not saying that your monster god will order you to do it, I'm saying "if".
First YHVH God of Israel is not a monster, "IF" I received a spiritual instruction to kill a child next door I would do exactly as the Torah tells me to do, I would test every spirit according to Torah. I would very easily find that the sprit that told me to murder a child next door is a lying spirit and not the voice of YHVH God of Israel, so I would not do anything against the Torah as I can be sure that YHVH God of Israel would not tell me to do something against the torah.
I really don't think I can answer your question any clearer than that, I know you want me to say "NO" so you can say that I would not be obeying my God, or something like that. It is kinda like asking me if water was not wet would you get wet if you went swimming.

#3168 Jan 12, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What facts?
I know prayer works
We've seen how it worked for the 9/11 bombers.
The prayers of the 9/11 bombers were made to a non-god to an imaginary god they were not answered, only YHVH God of Israel can truly answer prayers.

#3169 Jan 12, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
EVOLUTION IS THE SOLE SCIENTIFIC THEORY WHICH EXPLAINS ALL THE KNOWN EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE
The Myth (lie) of evolution explains how man would like to to have been if there was no God, but there is a God, YHVH God of Irael and he created everything as discribed in the Bible. A

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#3170 Jan 12, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you gods of evolutionism and darwinism are man made so yes you are right, however YHVH God of Israel is the creator of all, That you need to understand.
You claim you are home schooling your own children and you write like that?

I truly feel sorry them.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#3171 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you just typed an opinion, get over it?
Proof?

Chirp
Chirp
Chirp

#3172 Jan 12, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim you are home schooling your own children and you write like that?
I truly feel sorry them.
I don't I feel sorry for them at all, I feel sorry for all the children who are being indoctrinated with the myth (lie) of evolution.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3173 Jan 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Think students the most important, do this student thing as well. Teachers teach one thing students look up the other.
Texas can teach creationism but the web contradicts.
The percentage thing is so American. Polls on everything. Polls just for fun!
This is as God believing country according to The Economist articles.
May be important to see the role of religion in US history both positive and negative. Martin Luther King thought segregation and racism were sins.
Peace!
Peace!

Religion and Christianity can be positive things. They don't make a person bad. They can be used to broaden experience.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3174 Jan 13, 2013
inv e wrote:
@ Hidingfromyou and anyone else interested who has more knowledge on the subject than I.
Im tyring to look at this as objectively as I can. Say, for life to come into being it must have been preceeded from one before. For there to be a 'reason' for a being to come into existence, it has to have come from the one before. Now, let us say we are all such, if I may call contingent beings.
If that is the case, here is my question, if evolution explains the process and following our hypothesis earlier, for there to be a reason for one being coming into existence it must have been preceeded by infinite such beings? Or did life come into existence because the conditions were right?
Maybe by following reason, the big bang theory may explain where the elements came from, but how did living, moving, life begin if it didn't come from infinity? It would be interesting to find out one day...
Uhm...all our sciences describe a universe where phenomena exist because of the fundamental forces of the universe.

So, based on our scientific understanding of the world around us, we predict that life arose spontaneously because of the chemistry involved.

I'm not sure there has to be a reason for life to exist other than "conditions were right for it to."

But if you want to begin your argument with the assumption that a reason exists for life, you are welcome to speculate about anything. If there's a reason for life existing, is it our job to figure out what that reason is? How would we know?

I don't fully understand what you mean by "life came from infinity" though. Very sorry :(

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#3175 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Myth (lie) of evolution explains how man would like to to have been if there was no God, but there is a God, YHVH God of Irael and he created everything as discribed in the Bible. A
Evolution is the framework theory for all the biological sciences. It doesn't actually speak to the existence of deities directly.

You're confused about science at the most elementary levels. That's why you are unable to "believe" in science; all your "knowledge" is dogmatic, something you believe because you were told to.

That's quite the opposite of science. No wonder you are incapable of understanding evolution.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#3176 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't I feel sorry for them at all, I feel sorry for all the children who are being indoctrinated with the myth (lie) of evolution.
Why because teaching the real science ie. Evolution weakens the vile myth of the bibull?

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#3177 Jan 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm...all our sciences describe a universe where phenomena exist because of the fundamental forces of the universe.
So, based on our scientific understanding of the world around us, we predict that life arose spontaneously because of the chemistry involved.
I'm not sure there has to be a reason for life to exist other than "conditions were right for it to."
But if you want to begin your argument with the assumption that a reason exists for life, you are welcome to speculate about anything. If there's a reason for life existing, is it our job to figure out what that reason is? How would we know?
I don't fully understand what you mean by "life came from infinity" though. Very sorry :(
Interesting, thanks. Not so much a reason for life (where ideals sometimes slips itself in), but following with reason, if life came from the life form before, it either started somewhere or began spontaneously, as you say, or from infinite ancestors before (perhaps unlikely).
It would be really interesting to find the chemistry and conditions that shows life's origins..

Kolomotu'a

#3178 Jan 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
How about you actually read the damn forum, these apologetic arguments have been answered dozens of times before. But if you want a fresh explanation you need to answer questions asked of you as well and so far all you do is ignore said questions and bumble on with your Fox News style gotcha questions.
<quoted text>
We don't have Fox news where I'm from sadly :/. I think maybe you might want to relax a little.. I've only just came to these forums, and I can see it can make people hard, so yeah lets soften up a little. It's not like I'm breaking down your door, demanding you repent your untruthful ways lol.

United States

#3179 Jan 13, 2013
Wonderful. Now stop stalling and answer my questions and I will answer your's.
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have Fox news where I'm from sadly :/. I think maybe you might want to relax a little.. I've only just came to these forums, and I can see it can make people hard, so yeah lets soften up a little. It's not like I'm breaking down your door, demanding you repent your untruthful ways lol.

Kolomotu'a

#3180 Jan 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I noticed you AGAIN refused to answer any Of my questions and went right back to obfuscating and trying to worm your Fox News atheism is a religion talking points. Not going to work, sorry.
Now answer my questions and I will answer yours, fair enough?
<quoted text>
I can tell you like me. I thought I mentioned it was not for atheists, if you agree with me that atheism is not a belief system, than how does empiricism fit in? I don't think it does, do you? Please don't mix 'refuse' and 'just not interested', telling the difference comes in handy when you're a young bachelor like myself lol. ok, I tell you what, coz I like your passion, ask your next question if you like :)

United States

#3181 Jan 13, 2013
My next question? You never answered any of my previous questions.
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you like me. I thought I mentioned it was not for atheists, if you agree with me that atheism is not a belief system, than how does empiricism fit in? I don't think it does, do you? Please don't mix 'refuse' and 'just not interested', telling the difference comes in handy when you're a young bachelor like myself lol. ok, I tell you what, coz I like your passion, ask your next question if you like :)

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#3182 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
YHVH God of Israel is not a monster no contest there.
So killing 70,000 people because of what one person did is a good thing?
Colin The Zionist wrote:
Not everyone at the time of Yehoshua Messiah were descended form David, there were still many other Judeans, Levites and Danites living in the land of Judea, it is also well known that many of the so called "lost Tribes" were still located in the area at the time.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19331938

Ho-hum

Nottingham, UK

#3183 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
On what do you base any morals you have no notiong of true morals untill you base them on the Torah.
My morals are be based on the foundation of verifiable common interests, known causes and known consequences.

While yours are based on an you base your whole moral system on an unproveable supernatural being.

We've already seen how your morals mean that you approve of genocide and infanticide as well approving of the murder of homosexuals and anyone who wishes to exercise religious freedom.

Your morals also mean you approve of mutilating babies genitals and suppressing your women.

Anyway, I can't help but notice your failure to answer my question (yet again).

So let's have another go....

IF your god ordered you to kill the child next door to you, would you obey?

Note my use of the word "if" as opposed to "when". I'm not saying that your monster god will order you to do it, I'm saying "if".

Nottingham, UK

#3184 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
First YHVH God of Israel is not a monster, "IF" I received a spiritual instruction to kill a child next door I would do exactly as the Torah tells me to do, I would test every spirit according to Torah. I would very easily find that the sprit that told me to murder a child next door is a lying spirit and not the voice of YHVH God of Israel, so I would not do anything against the Torah as I can be sure that YHVH God of Israel would not tell me to do something against the torah.
I really don't think I can answer your question any clearer than that, I know you want me to say "NO" so you can say that I would not be obeying my God, or something like that. It is kinda like asking me if water was not wet would you get wet if you went swimming.
You can answer it clearer - you can say "Yes" or "No"

Despite what you think; I don't want you to say "No" and I don't want you to say "Yes".

I just want an honest answer to an honest question.

If your god materialised in front of you and instructed you to kill the little girl next door, would you obey him?

Yes or No?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

#3185 Jan 13, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
On what do you base any morals you have no notiong of true morals untill you base them on the Torah.
The Jews with their Torah, the Muslims with their Qu'ran, the Christians with their Bible ... three reasons Mankind will never know peace. Y'all suck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 6 min JOEL 205,799
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Nov 22 buckwheat 12
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov 15 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov 12 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov 11 scribbles 1
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) Nov 11 scribbles 25

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE