Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#2575 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The creator YHVH the God of Israel can make the stones talk if He wants, do you not know what the word firmament means, look it up.
Sorry, if God could interact in this reality we could detect it.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#2576 Jan 9, 2013
You claim you are not ignoring my questions and then proceed to ignore my questions. Let's start with this.

You claim god/s could exist in some unknowable unobservable realm, remember? That was your claim. Now here's the question and let's see if I FINALLY get an answer. If this were even remotely feasible how were ancient people supposedly able to observe this/these god/s yet we are unable to?

I await you finally answering this.
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not purposely ignoring your questions, lets not make it out i am. I assure you, these are my own humble opinions, not from an apologetic website. What is this atheist website you are talking about?? Again, lets not jump to conclusions so fast. You believe life after death came from ancient sheep kissers, some believe it came from God. You're welcome to your own belief. If everyone saw what your sheep kissers saw today then it obviously would not be said to be beyond the empirical realm. I don't think I am avoiding your question, I've told you my answer, you're welcome to disagree with it or not.
There was a doctrine that believed we were made of atoms from ancient greece. Could they prove it at the time? No. Did they end up being right? Yeah. Was he a sheep kisser too because he believed without proof?? Science is more a way of thinking, is it not?
Yes, we have much to thank science for. We thank science for much of the improvements in our lives.
How do you know I'm religious? I could be an atheist myself with a different viewpoint.
I look forward to your reply, I'll let you have the last say. May God, leprechauns, or no god be with you all :)

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#2577 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You just described adaptation which is an inbuilt design feature not the Myth (lie) of evolution, only adaptation. It is exactly like people moving form a hot climate to a cold climate their skin will become paler as will their successive generations, adaptation not evolution.
Yeah. I would call that progress on your part. Congratulations. You will agree that adaptation is a natural process? That the species or creatures that "adapts" will pass their DNA to their progeny? That species that do not or can not "adapt" will not have this privilege, that is, they will die out or stated another way ... they will be "selected" for extinction? So you can say that it is a natural process which selects survival of species based upon their adaptability? Kind of a Natural Selection? Hmmmmm.

Would you also agree that the process of adaptation, carried on for many generations might result in creatures substantially altered from their original form? So much so, in fact, that it might be reasonable to assign them a new name or classification or ... species? Might this very mechanism ably explain the large number of distinct species on Earth? Hmmmmm ... Might we simplify things and call this overall process something like ... oh, I dunno ... EVOLUTION?

Wow!! Natural Selection, Origin of Species, evolution ... somebody oughta write a book. Oh wait ... somebody already has. Darn. What was the guy's name? Darwin something or something Darwin?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2578 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You make that wild and wacky claim so often, yet you fail to produce any verifiable evidence for the myth (lie) of evolution. I am starting to think that you actually don't believe it yourself.
I suggest that you read my post again. I have made no reference to evolution. Now, that you equate my being without theism, as the same as the study of time, and the changes it creates over millions of years, does not in fact change my status from being an atheist, into any other type person, that would include being an evolutionist

Texas, USA

#2579 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary there are many fields of biology that do not need the myth (lie) of evolution. God (YHVH the God of Israel) made the universe the way he wants it He is the designer and He designed everything right down to the forces that hold it all together.
Well there ya have it! The Universe explained in 30 words or less. I bet he's got a ledger up in Heaven with a count of the hairs on your pointy little head!!

Texas, USA

#2581 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow if I am only 5 I must be a brilliant 5 year old as I have managed to beat each and every member of the evolutionist and atheist sects here, from PhD to TaUI beat them all.
But anyway you made a statement I agreed with it, no problem
Managing to keep you mind closed against reason ain't exactly a victory.

Texas, USA

#2582 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The creator YHVH the God of Israel can make the stones talk if He wants, do you not know what the word firmament means, look it up.
Yeah. It's the sky as described by primitives who thought it was "firm" or fixed in place by your god and was a reflection of his perfection. Of course, we now know that is not the case. Stars are born and die between blinks of your eye. The Universe is a seething cauldron of change, chaotic, formless, unconcerned. You really need to come to grips with this.
davis

Essendon, Australia

#2583 Jan 9, 2013
Halonen is Conan OBrien wrote:
LOL!
Islam is growing about as fast as Atheism only thing is Muslims have so many kids while Atheists have so few kids.
Islam is simply destined to win out over Atheists due to demographic birth rate differences.
yes its all going downhill, thats for sure?
its no wonder you need guns the savages are growing in muneber
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#2584 Jan 9, 2013
davis wrote:
<quoted text>
yes its all going downhill, thats for sure?
its no wonder you need guns the savages are growing in muneber
Sorry to butt in,but we just had these 3 dangerous escapes on the outskirts of town,and it was regular people who owned guns that help capture them.
Positive stories like that never get reported to the media.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2585 Jan 10, 2013
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to butt in,but we just had these 3 dangerous escapes on the outskirts of town,and it was regular people who owned guns that help capture them.
Positive stories like that never get reported to the media.
Bullsh*t. More people die from guns in the us then anywhere else in the world and this little anecdote does not change the hard facts that your country is gun nuts and doesn't care about public safety.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#2586 Jan 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You claim you are not ignoring my questions and then proceed to ignore my questions. Let's start with this.
You claim god/s could exist in some unknowable unobservable realm, remember? That was your claim. Now here's the question and let's see if I FINALLY get an answer. If this were even remotely feasible how were ancient people supposedly able to observe this/these god/s yet we are unable to?
I await you finally answering this.
<quoted text>
A true blue empiricist. Your strong belief in nothing beyond empirical may explain your mocking descriptions of everyone else who holds different beliefs. You may say, it's not a religion, it's a lack of a belief in god, thats it! while not admitting atheism itself is a doctrine in there being no gods. Am I obfuscating again?
Ok, so you ask,'If this were even remotely feasible how were ancient people supposedly able to observe this/these god/s yet we are unable to?'
you're presuming nobody has observed any gods today right? But to save you repeating your question, let's say you're right, that only ancient people saw gods and none today. Perhaps the beings beyond wanted to stop by for a roasted lamb dinner and chat, then left. Popping in and out of (empirical) existence. Is that what you're looking for? You may then say that's absurd, have evidence lined up to say its unlikely, then wordlessly point at your belief in no god as the obvious conclusion...
Please, no more of your precious questions, I grow weary being implied a dumb sidestepping non-empiricist..
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#2587 Jan 10, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
you're presuming nobody has observed any gods today right
Actually people do claim to see and hear gods today. But today we call such people delusional and hearing voices and seeing things, hallucinations.

Sometimes on topix you get someone writing as if they are speaking on behalf of God. There are crazy people today, it wasnt just "prophets".
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#2588 Jan 10, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh*t. More people die from guns in the us then anywhere else in the world and this little anecdote does not change the hard facts that your country is gun nuts and doesn't care about public safety.
Well that was rather rude.

Lexington, KY

#2589 Jan 10, 2013
People who today see God are usually raving in a psychiatric hospital. Again you are desperately trying to obfuscate atheism into a type of religion. This is old hat from stale old how to argue with an atheist websites.

And please say you were joking about God/s popping in for dinner with ancient people because you would have to explain how that really happened and wasn't just a fireside tall tale. Again you cannot use the unobservable realm argument without explaining how ancient people were able to observe god/s. Either they had observable abilities beyond ours or they were mistaken/made it all up.

Those people didn't have 1/100,000,000th of the knowledge about the world, the human body, the moon and stars as we do today so can we blame them for making up deity legends to explain what they saw?
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
A true blue empiricist. Your strong belief in nothing beyond empirical may explain your mocking descriptions of everyone else who holds different beliefs. You may say, it's not a religion, it's a lack of a belief in god, thats it! while not admitting atheism itself is a doctrine in there being no gods. Am I obfuscating again?
Ok, so you ask,'If this were even remotely feasible how were ancient people supposedly able to observe this/these god/s yet we are unable to?'
you're presuming nobody has observed any gods today right? But to save you repeating your question, let's say you're right, that only ancient people saw gods and none today. Perhaps the beings beyond wanted to stop by for a roasted lamb dinner and chat, then left. Popping in and out of (empirical) existence. Is that what you're looking for? You may then say that's absurd, have evidence lined up to say its unlikely, then wordlessly point at your belief in no god as the obvious conclusion...
Please, no more of your precious questions, I grow weary being implied a dumb sidestepping non-empiricist..

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#2590 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary there are many fields of biology that do not need the myth (lie) of evolution....
NAME 1.

And cite the independent verification(s) to back it up.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#2591 Jan 10, 2013
Every eyar I see mroe and mroe churches close and most church parking lots are half full at best on sunday morning...Religion is dying WHICH IS GOOD....It is 2013 religon should be dying it is for weak mined hate filled bigots today and that is all..
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#2592 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not lie, simple as that. Do you not think that the designer of the universe who put everything where it is and put it there for our enjoyment thought about the time it takes for light to travel to earth so He designed it so we could see it? Again very simple concept not rocket science but intelligent design like the rest of creation.
\
1. The Creation is physically impossible as told in the myths.

2. The flood is physically impossible as told in the myth.

3. Intelligent design is a fantasy. If God exists, then God's law and scientific law cannot be in conflict as both would be God's creation.

You lose again. The Bible is a Book of Lies.

Lexington, KY

#2593 Jan 10, 2013
Btw all you did here was obfuscate and then toss in generous Ad Homs. Your only statement that even resembles an argument is you pondering why atheists won't accept the moonbeams and stardust of your imagination as reasoning for god/s. That may get you a C- in a creative writing class but not much good anywhere else. Your god coming to dinner feeble example completely destroyed your unobservable realm argument.

Wow you are really bad at this. Next time use your reasoning skills instead of stealing lines from how to debate an atheist websites hmm?

Love with your heart but use your brain for everything else.
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2594 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not lie, simple as that. Do you not think that the designer of the universe who put everything where it is and put it there for our enjoyment thought about the time it takes for light to travel to earth so He designed it so we could see it? Again very simple concept not rocket science but intelligent design like the rest of creation.
Last Thursdayism at its best. Not to mention a HUGE ego--put there for our enjoyment???

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Right Here with my feet up

#2595 Jan 10, 2013
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
\
1. The Creation is physically impossible as told in the myths.
2. The flood is physically impossible as told in the myth.
3. Intelligent design is a fantasy. If God exists, then God's law and scientific law cannot be in conflict as both would be God's creation.
You lose again. The Bible is a Book of Lies.
1) Why is creation physically impossible.
2) Why is the flood physically impossible.

3) Where does YHVH's Torah conflict with science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 6 min Shamma 202,577
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep 28 Ol Fuddy Duddy 2
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sep 21 thetruth 21
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug '14 Only1Likeme212 347

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE