Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2534 Jan 9, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.. Not believing in deities = believing in no deities. Makes no sense you say, then maybe when it does make sense you might realise in the metaphysical world it is as senselessly abstract as a realm beyond what's empirical, ones guess is just as good as another's.
Are you so absolutely sure there is no god? If ignoring other possibilities may be called faith. Though a zealous atheist may not like using such words as belief or faith, I think you still require faith to believe there is no god, in whatever realm there is. Last time I checked I heard science wasn't a religion, is atheism science's religion? Is atheism science? Atheism = science? I'm sorry I don't think so.
I don't think we should ignore science, I just am of opinion that maybe Atheism isn't so different from every other religion. As I mentioned earlier some Christians don't believe themselves religious, but faith to a supreme being beyond. An atheist, by doubting everything, refuses to believe anything beyond the empirical. Both would really hate being grouped in something called religion.
Maybe my opinion might change.
I'm sorry if I've upset your belief, disbelief or whatever it is. If your belief in no deities, is unwavering, unquestionable, then that sounds a little like faith to me.
Atheism isn't a religion! It's just a lack of belief in gods.

Santa Monica, CA

#2535 Jan 9, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologise if I am being unreasonable for not believing in what you do. Does that sound familiar? Since beginning this discussion I've learnt that each atheist is different, some more..I would say faithful but that might be a bad word,maybe your 'unbelief in deities' is firm, unshakable, quite admirable too I must say.
My lack of belief in gods isn't unshakable. Just provide some evidence one exists, then we will talk. Until then, I don't see a reason to consider that gods might exist. Just like if someone told me there is a dancing hair pin on Pluto.
inv e wrote:
Does atheists have a monopoly on disproving, doubting other religions? To doubt is fine, to disprove also ok, to believe in something, or unbelieve. Unbelief by itself is not atheism, an unbelief in any god is atheism.
Is not atheism a conclusion? A conclusion that there is nothing beyond what eyes cannot see, anything beyond is imagination started by men, fanciful. My point lies in how does a person to get to this conclusion?
A god is not required for there to be an existence beyond what we observe in the physical world. Technically, Buddhists are atheists.
inv e wrote:
It's likely if you believe it is..jks. Yes I won't deny a possibility that it could be all made up. Is atheism not so different?
Do you feel angry when atheism is attacked? When your unbelief in gods is questioned? Wouldnt these feelings be similar to a religious man?
Can you tell me with absolute certainty that there is nothing after death? You may say its unlikely, than I can't disagree with you. But if you totally deny anything beyond just because you haven't seen proof of it, then that friend is no longer science but could just as much be a mere idea just like god.
But that's not the case.

Santa Monica, CA

#2536 Jan 9, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a cat word.
It's the noise a cat makes when it gets its genitals trapped.
-borrowed from Red Dwarf-
I love Red Dwarf!
I want to do a fan flick where the crew wakes up as women, due to some techno babble warp whatever. I'd be Lister, and I have a friend who would make a PERFECT Cat.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#2537 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
He who? http://www.godchecker.com
and can you prove he exists?
Can you prove otherwise?

Santa Monica, CA

#2538 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
First I am neither lying nor a Christian. Look back over the past 3 pages of posts and you will see. By the way when are you going to amend the logic of you argument to include the over 4500 other possibilities for selection.
Is Jesus your savior?

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2539 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
No 7: is a fail because it is circular logic "YHVH exists because this book someone said he wrote says so".
No 8: is a fail because you can not prove these tablets exist, you can not produce them. Simply put, you are lying!
Your no 1 - 6 is an EPIC FAIL beacuse you have no proof and your entire argument is nuts beacuse you have no logic in it, at least apply logig.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#2540 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did expect something like that, just imaging it me an 8 year old beating the pants of all you evolutionists right down to PhD scientists and the best you lot is throw insults. Oh well the 8 year old Zionist come creationist rules.
You already got your ass handed to you on a platter but are way to stupid to realize it.

As in, the nearest galaxy is 2.4 million light years away. The most distant object we can see with the tools we have is over 13 billion light years away.

This isn't rocket science. The Bible lies. Get over it fool.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#2541 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Holding s fossil in my hand will prove one thing, and that is that some created thing died
So the underlying assumption is that all things are created.

Who created the Creator?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2542 Jan 9, 2013
Jumper wrote:
Can you prove otherwise?
Can you prove there are no leprechauns?

#2543 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your no 1 - 6 is an EPIC FAIL beacuse you have no proof and your entire argument is nuts beacuse you have no logic in it, at least apply logig.
The fact that you can not produce one bit of anything written by YHVH IS my proof and it is totally logical.

You are simply sniveling because you can't escape the facts.

Santa Monica, CA

#2544 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me for nothing, but I did provide one for you logic table (for a logic table to be a proof all possibilities must be presented not just negative ones) Here is no7 and no8:
7) YHVH Is exactly what He says He is in His Word (The Torah)
You don't seem to understand logic.
"Ooogah Boogah" proved that's not the case with the 6 possibilities.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#2545 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have forgotten the discussion last time you posted that so called proof as I point out this morning your logic is flawed and you knowledge of UYHVH God of Israel is lacking. I won get over it.
Pigeon chess
Refers to having a pointless debate with somebody utterly ignorant of the subject matter, but standing on a dogmatic position that cannot be moved with any amount of education or logic, but who always proclaims victory.

Origin:
"Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon; it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory." -- Scott D. Weitzenhoffer (From an Amazon.com book review)
Man, trying to explain to those moon landing deniers that the Apollo program was real is like playing pigeon chess -- all they do is knock the pieces over and crap on the board.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#2546 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove there are no leprechauns?
Don't have too.
I'm part 'Mick' I take it in stride.

#2547 Jan 9, 2013
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Don't have too.
I'm part 'Mick' I take it in stride.
Fine, then can you prove the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't create the universe?
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#2548 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, then can you prove the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't create the universe?
No, that's who created the Creator. LMAO
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#2549 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I was a mick,not a whop.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

#2550 Jan 9, 2013
beaver wrote:
Send the atheists to there own state and religous people to there own state promblem solved, as these opposing groups cannot stand each other and are incompatible.
Gee Beev ... what if Mom & Dad found out?

Texas, USA

#2551 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You make that wild and wacky claim so often, yet you fail to produce any verifiable evidence for the myth (lie) of evolution. I am starting to think that you actually don't believe it yourself.
Antibiotic resistance in bacteria is evolution in action. The traits that confer the resistance get passed on. Eventually only the resistant strains remain, subtly changed, essentially new species. The same process has occurred millions of times as climate and ecology changes. You would have to be blind not to see it. But of course you are blinded ... by religion.

Texas, USA

#2552 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I never said it was but they do walk hand in hand.
1) The foundations and many modern branches of biology were and are based with creation in mind, why would and real science need the myth (lie) of evolution.
If "creation" were real, there would be no point in a science of biology (or anything else). We would be made of mystery material, unfathomable. Why would God have to muck about with molecules and DNA and sexual reproduction or photosynthesis or inverse square laws? Don't say "Oh, you can't understand the mind of God" or any of that crap. Y'all claim special knowledge or understanding all the time.

To me, the God concept is like those whackos who say we are living inside of some super-computer simulation. It's crazy. There can be no computer large enough, no memory system vast enough, no processor fast enough to simulate reality at the required level of detail. Similarly, a god would be occupied for eternity just spinning every little individual electron and overseeing each miniscule chemical reaction. A being capable of doing all that would make your god look like a pipsqueak. He would be far too occupied to be concerned with the affairs of mankind. A god who doesn't deem us worthy to dabble in our affairs is pointless in the extreme. Or ... he doesn't exist.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Right Here with my feet up

#2553 Jan 9, 2013
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
You already got your ass handed to you on a platter but are way to stupid to realize it.
As in, the nearest galaxy is 2.4 million light years away. The most distant object we can see with the tools we have is over 13 billion light years away.
This isn't rocket science. The Bible lies. Get over it fool.
The Bible does not lie, simple as that. Do you not think that the designer of the universe who put everything where it is and put it there for our enjoyment thought about the time it takes for light to travel to earth so He designed it so we could see it? Again very simple concept not rocket science but intelligent design like the rest of creation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 min JOEL 202,588
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep 28 Ol Fuddy Duddy 2
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sep 21 thetruth 21
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug '14 Only1Likeme212 347

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE