Should Christians Use the Word 'Allah'?

Should Christians Use the Word 'Allah'?

There are 7 comments on the Malaysia Chronicle story from Jun 27, 2014, titled Should Christians Use the Word 'Allah'?. In it, Malaysia Chronicle reports that:

How does the word Allah relate to Islam and its teachings? That's a challenging question in for 21st century Christians to consider.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Malaysia Chronicle.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#1 Jun 27, 2014
It is Muslims that shouldn't use the word Allah in reference to their God. Muslims should use their God's real name, Satan.
naman

Lillehammer, Norway

#2 Jun 27, 2014
No. The name Allah is from the pagan Arab god al-Lah (he also was called Allah in the time before Muhammad - the name Muhammad took over), and before that al-Ilah (al-Lah/Allah is easier to pronounce, and that may be why the name al-Ilah drifted to al-Lah and later partly to the even easier Allah). Christians believing God/Yahweh is something special, should not use a pagan name for him.

I may add that Allah/al-Lah does not mean "God", like Muhammadans like to claim, but "the god".

www.1000mistakes.com
Muhammadans, not Muslims.
Sunni Life _ Good Life

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jun 27, 2014
N O !

N O _ W A Y !

N E V E R !

Those who do should be punished!
TEAM TROLL

United States

#4 Jun 27, 2014
naman wrote:
No. The name Allah is from the pagan Arab god al-Lah (he also was called Allah in the time before Muhammad - the name Muhammad took over), and before that al-Ilah (al-Lah/Allah is easier to pronounce, and that may be why the name al-Ilah drifted to al-Lah and later partly to the even easier Allah). Christians believing God/Yahweh is something special, should not use a pagan name for him.
I may add that Allah/al-Lah does not mean "God", like Muhammadans like to claim, but "the god".
www.1000mistakes.com
Was al-Lah the same god who consorted with the 3 winged goddesses? Has to be! God/Yahweh never consorted with goddesses, winged or otherwise.
naman

Lillehammer, Norway

#5 Jun 27, 2014
TEAM TROLL wrote:
<quoted text>
Was al-Lah the same god who consorted with the 3 winged goddesses? Has to be! God/Yahweh never consorted with goddesses, winged or otherwise.
This I do not know, and different from some writers on these pages I do not write things I do not know.

But I may add that Allah's original name was Il, and he was a main god further east. Over time the name drifted to al-Ilah (a moon god, at least in southern Arabia), then later to al-Lah. In the time of Muhammad it partly had drifted on to Allah, and at that time both the name al-Lah and Allah were used, but Muhammad did choose to use only the name Allah. Also beware that al-/Lah and Allah both mean "the god", not "God".

www.1000mistakes.com

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#6 Jun 27, 2014
Christians should use the world "Allah" if they mean the Muslim God.

Otherwise, Allah is not suitable.
Naman

Lillehammer, Norway

#8 Jun 28, 2014
Marie-Luise_J wrote:
Christians should use the world "Allah" if they mean the Muslim God.
Otherwise, Allah is not suitable.
Or if they mean the old pagan god al-Lah/Allah which Muhammad took over and named him the only and real god. Named - never anything more.

http://www.1000mistakes.com - please spread this address, as it is the most informtive address I have found on the Quran, and very reliable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 hr MUQ2 254,068
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 6 hr Eric 17
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 6 hr Eagle 12 808
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 9 hr Patrick 4,838
Anyone still at this forum Aug 23 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
More from around the web