Basic Tools of Wicca

Oct 23, 2009 Full story: BellaOnline 18

Wiccan ritual and spell work can be as simple or elaborate as you want to make them.

Full Story
freejsp1969

Horton, MI

#1 Oct 24, 2009
Naturally that is so, as most of what we know and do comes from current knowledge. Only a slight few true "Wiccans" follow the traditions so carefully (and secretly) passed on from generation to generation. The rest of us get along by pure spiritual needfulness and creativity. The source knows our hearts are in it, and responds to our deepest wishes, even those we are unaware of.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#2 Oct 24, 2009
freejsp1969 wrote:
Naturally that is so, as most of what we know and do comes from current knowledge. Only a slight few true "Wiccans" follow the traditions so carefully (and secretly) passed on from generation to generation. The rest of us get along by pure spiritual needfulness and creativity. The source knows our hearts are in it, and responds to our deepest wishes, even those we are unaware of.
A slight few true Wiccans? I hate to bust your bubble but Wicca hasn't been around long enough to be passed down from generation to generation. As for the tools listed in the article I thought the article touched a little on the subject. Many who start down this path have a tendency to spend large sums of money to those that are all too eager to take it to get those special tools. I personally believe that tools made by you are more powerful because of the energy that is absorbed from you while making it. I also am of the belief that one should use the natural incenses that are in the environment in which we live. For example in the desert southwest there is mesquite, pinon, sage, sweet grass, etc.

“A different view”

Since: Sep 08

West Riding

#3 Oct 24, 2009
Some of us (well me anyway) are older than Wicca.
moonspoetry

Parkville, MD

#4 Oct 24, 2009
One does not need any tools to practice Wicca, although they may help the more experienced practitioner , they are no more necessary than a fancy new Wicca name. I bought tools, made tools, and continue to add to what I already have. I sometimes do rituals using nothing but my hands, and other times I use all my tools in elaborate fashion. It is up to the individual. I sent money to a company online for one tool, over 50$, of which I did not receive the item nor my money back. I learned a lesson there. I have ordered online since then, but I am more cautious now. I am a solitary, and most of the wisdom I have received is directly from the Goddess and God through meditation and divination. Wicca to me is a modern word for a much older faith. I believe that religion is personal. I need not prove the authenticity of what I believe no more than any one else. It is simply what I believe. Others can say what they wish. I am content to disagree with naysayers. As far as tools, they help the ritual, but are not really necessary. For the believer, it can be a test of faith to simply acquire them all. It has shown me that I have the ability to create my own reality. I wanted all the tools, I asked the Goddess to help me after the online incident, to bring me tools specific for me. I even had a few tools stolen by roommates who just wanted a cool knife or whatever. Now the tools I have are personalized to me. I broke my wand two days after I got it, but a miraculous incident of lighting strike gave me a natural piece of wood sacred to my patron Goddess to put it back together with. It has never worked better. I didn't even know that tree was sacred to my Goddess until months later in my studies finding reference to it! Things happen for a reason. For the beginner, I suggest praying for the tools you want for yourself before buying any. That way if you don't get it, it may be that something better is out there for you. And when you do get them, they will be more personalized to you. Hope this helps! Blessed Be!

“NM Desert Rat”

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#5 Oct 26, 2009
albion wrote:
Some of us (well me anyway) are older than Wicca.
I thought I was older than dirt. Glad to know there is another senior citizen amongst us.

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 26, 2009
NM Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I was older than dirt. Glad to know there is another senior citizen amongst us.
Haven't you heard Rat... 60 is the new 40.

“A different view”

West Riding

#7 Oct 26, 2009
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes me about 97 (muddy boots n`all).

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#8 Oct 26, 2009
No Albion, 70 is also the new 50

“A different view”

West Riding

#9 Oct 26, 2009
Clark Griswold wrote:
No Albion, 70 is also the new 50
In that case i get a second go at 69!(i always wanted to see if i could still do it when i was it).

“NM Desert Rat”

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#10 Oct 27, 2009
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your math Clark. I don't know if I could survive 40 again.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#11 Oct 27, 2009
freejsp1969 wrote:
Perhaps you mean family trads of folk witchcraft? And, if you dig deep enough, there are plenty of 'old' to ancient sources of knowledge available. Other than some still surviving Cunning Folk in the British Isles, where do you think Gardner and other early pioneers of Wicca got their information from?

The value of the contents of trad-Wicca BOS is not so much secret chants or spells, but the system of occult pulling it together, the training methods, etc.
PINCH111

Plymouth, UK

#12 Jun 28, 2013
CShine wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you mean family trads of folk witchcraft? And, if you dig deep enough, there are plenty of 'old' to ancient sources of knowledge available. Other than some still surviving Cunning Folk in the British Isles, where do you think Gardner and other early pioneers of Wicca got their information from?
The value of the contents of trad-Wicca BOS is not so much secret chants or spells, but the system of occult pulling it together, the training methods, etc.
What training methods?what happens after the training?
Misha

Brisbane, Australia

#13 Aug 23, 2013
What is wicca anyway?
It seems to be an earth worship cult much like al gore would organise.
Ken Ra

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Aug 24, 2013
I was initiated first degree in 1969. I am before modern " paganism " I have made magical tools for others from 1975 onward to recent retirement.

#1 you do not need any tools to practice Wicca as a religion.

#2 Wicca as a magical system has several standard tools in its working kit. New tools can and have been evolved. Are they worth having? good question! many are worthless and some have good potential.

Can you work magic without tools? yes, but it is definitely not easy. I like tools. they are a fun and enriching part of the art. Becoming dependent on /addicted to tools, is not smart.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#15 Aug 31, 2013
I would think all one needs is a big shovel and a bucket.

&&&

“Reality = Playdough”

Since: Aug 07

Merced, CA

#16 Sep 4, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
I would think all one needs is a big shovel and a bucket.
&&&
Only when dialing with your comments.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#17 Sep 4, 2013
"oh"

Since: Mar 13

Humble, TX

#18 Sep 6, 2013
I'm not Wiccan, nor am I completely traditional, I'm just me, however what I've learned in Witchcraft in general is that one only needs the right energy for the situation, imagination, and will power. The rest of the tools are useful and cool to use, but not necessary from my experience, if don't have anything else, you have yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Shamma 207,372
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Sun Big Log 17
torn sash Sun Wanderinsoul 1
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
More from around the web