Halloween: 10 Fun Things to Know

Sep 28, 2012 Full story: Patch.com

Originally a festival for Celtic people, it was co-opted by Christians when they came to Ireland.

Full Story
DragonStar

Daytona Beach, FL

#1 Sep 29, 2012
Yes! The Christians adopted most of our Pagan holidays & celebrations in those times. They were trying to convert everyone! They thought if they kept the dates the same or a few days apart, it would be easier to convert people to the "New Religion", since Pagans & Heathens were already celebrating anyway! ie; Their Christmas is actually Our Winter Solstice holiday celebration and Yule. You know most Christians don't even know, that the Christmas tree is actually adopted from a Pagan practice. Another holiday that they stole was Easter. We celebrate our fertility rites and the Spring Equinox around that time. Also its about Oestar for us. May 1st also marks "May Day" for us Wiccans & Pagans. We all know what the "May Pole" signifies.( lmfao). Their "ALL SAINTS DAY" was adopted from the pagans as well. That was the day that we dedicated to Spirits and Kindred that have passed on. Christians just changed it to"saints". Anyway, I think I've made my point. I hope I have enlightened some of you to the truth. This Lesson is simple; you should always research what you put your faith into. Never trust "blind faith"! One thing my Grandmother (rest her spirit) used to tell me, "Always Question Everything! DragonStar...
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#2 Oct 4, 2012
Well I for one love Holloween and all it's candy!

One year we shat in this pizza box.I set this paper bag on fire,and when the old dude opened his door I rushed up to the porch and stomped it out.

I says to him "I saw some kids light this on fire are you ok Sir?"

He replied "I'm ok son,thank you."

"Sorry this had to happen.Here's a extra pizza for you and your wife."

Then I ran.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 4 hr JOEL 202,033
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••