Two guilty of 'ritualistic' abuse

Dec 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Belfast Telegraph

Peter Petrauske and Jack Kemp were said to have donned ceremonial robes and pagan paraphernalia before abusing young girls in Cornwall during the 1970s.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 180 of404
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

pinch111 wrote:
<quoted text>I wager you are ugly and need paganism to try and make yourself interesting.You also with others implied i was lying about the report on the link,i was not of course.Troll, bigot,too stupid to know that your religion is as useless as all the others but yours has more perverts in the ranks per 100 practising members.
Aww is the little troll all upset.. Too bad for you..

The only thing you are doing here is making yourself look as stupid as possible. But hey that is up to you, moron, as to how long you want to keep being an idiot. Instead of a rational person.

And unlike the catholic church when we find one of the little pedophile creeps we turn them over to law enforcement we do not hide, protect, or cover up the actions of such scum. Something you do not seem to be willing to grasp, dolt.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww is the little troll all upset.. Too bad for you..
The only thing you are doing here is making yourself look as stupid as possible. But hey that is up to you, moron, as to how long you want to keep being an idiot. Instead of a rational person.
And unlike the catholic church when we find one of the little pedophile creeps we turn them over to law enforcement we do not hide, protect, or cover up the actions of such scum. Something you do not seem to be willing to grasp, dolt.
Sounds like it's time for little bigot boy to be removed again... OH Just FYI, I got a email from the Admins, If you're reporting a post for removal, don't reply to it.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like it's time for little bigot boy to be removed again... OH Just FYI, I got a email from the Admins, If you're reporting a post for removal, don't reply to it.
I thought you left?

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like it's time for little bigot boy to be removed again... OH Just FYI, I got a email from the Admins, If you're reporting a post for removal, don't reply to it.
Mostly I just delete them. As they just contain a quick message of 'thank you for reporting, Blah Blah..'
I never have replied to one or really thought to either.. But thanks..

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>Mostly I just delete them. As they just contain a quick message of 'thank you for reporting, Blah Blah..'
I never have replied to one or really thought to either.. But thanks..
No, I mean replying to the post, like the one to pinchy up there, the admin said to not reply to them(pinchy), just report...and that's what I've been doing. it's already removed 3 of Jumpintheroads harassment threads that way...
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

pinch111 wrote:
<quoted text>Why should i,i hope you looked that info up on the bondage,knives,hot wax,and rape by established pagans, not hollywood.I maintain that paganism attracts perverts,also all religion attracts the fantasy prone personalities and mentally unstable.
Yea,I read about that stuff while try to find information about differnt religions and cultures.I have nothing aginst Pagans per-say.

It may have started out as a peaceful nature belife,but it has been highjacked and turned into something preverted by some.
pinch111

Launceston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>No, I mean replying to the post, like the one to pinchy up there, the admin said to not reply to them(pinchy), just report...and that's what I've been doing. it's already removed 3 of Jumpintheroads harassment threads that way...
So have i got this right,you can bee abusive but if someone is abusive back or what they say is an embarrassment you get it removed? you can be abusive but no-one else can be,ah yes i see the connection now, abuse,bullying.
pinch111

Launceston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Yea,I read about that stuff while try to find information about differnt religions and cultures.I have nothing aginst Pagans per-say.
It may have started out as a peaceful nature belife,but it has been highjacked and turned into something preverted by some.
Not so sure about paganism being natural just like many other religions the history of paganism contains dark beliefs including human sacrifice,this is known from ancient scripts but more importantly from,archaeology.My worry is that some nutcase pagans will always want to go back to the more tradition old ways.Every year for instance around certain dates in Cornwall horses are found ritually slaughtered last one was in may last year.Obviously the pagans who are doing this think they are doing something natural and magical but the truth is they are insane,it begs the question how for back are they willing to go,human sacrifice?No i see pagans who for some reason love to put over themselves as friends of the earth but with no substance,i'll continue to put my trust in environmental science and not mumbo jumbo.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

There is no evidence (supposing what you are saying is even true about the horses) that the crime was committed by a Pagan. Lots of Christains, actually, ritualistically committ crimes in some backwards idea of 'worshipping Satan'. They get these Hollywood horror, black mass ideas that are based on fantasies made up by other Christains. They have nothing to do with any earth-based spiritual paths. Even those non-Christian religions that include sacrafice as part of their practice, such as Santaria, do very practical animals such as chickens, which they very practically eat afterwards. They chicken probabaly has a nicer death, and life, than did a Tyson factory farm chicken. And the practioners who then ate it had a better meal then McDonalds McNuggets. You may not want to be spiritual, and you may not eat meat, but one must agree they are a whole lot more connected and thankful for their food than the average meat-eating Westerner. Lots of Pagans are farmers, especially in the US where there are more small family farms. So yeah, they might say a prayer and give thanks before they roast a pig. So what?

Most ancient cultures participated in some form of ceremonial state-sanctioned killing of POW's, slaves from conquered territories, or criminals. You absurdly worry about the 'lone Pagan sacrificer' over all the wars and political strife that result in the loss of life, and substandard quality of life. What's with all the straw men? What's with the fixation on something very unlikely to occur, and if it does than it is something for the authorities to sort out, than for actual suffering and conflict that is going on right now?

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_faq.htm

"What is Wicca?

Wicca, sometimes called "The Craft" or "The Craft of the Wise" is one of many earth-based religions. The religion which is closest to Wicca in America is probably Native American spirituality. Traditional Wicca was founded by Gerald Gardner, a British civil servant, who wrote a series of books on the religion in the 1940's. It contains references to Celtic deities, symbols, seasonal days of celebration, etc. Added to this were components of ceremonial magic and practices of the Masonic Order. A more recent form is eclectic Wicca which involves a combination of Wiccan beliefs and practices, combined with other Pagan and non-Pagan elements. The various traditions of Wicca are part of the Pagan or Neopagan group of earth-based religions."

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

I see the butt-hurt trolls are still going at it...they'll be gone AGAIN soon enough. They are obviously too stupid to tell the difference in an actual Pagan practice and a 12 year old copycatting some urban legend his mental gran told him or her about...so they show their bigotry toward pagans by continuing the lies.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Pagan and Proud wrote:
I see the butt-hurt trolls are still going at it...they'll be gone AGAIN soon enough. They are obviously too stupid to tell the difference in an actual Pagan practice and a 12 year old copycatting some urban legend his mental gran told him or her about...so they show their bigotry toward pagans by continuing the lies.
But still.Why a naked man for an avatar?
pinch111

Newton Abbot, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Kathwynn wrote:
http://www.religioustolerance. org/wic_faq.htm
"What is Wicca?
Wicca, sometimes called "The Craft" or "The Craft of the Wise" is one of many earth-based religions. The religion which is closest to Wicca in America is probably Native American spirituality. Traditional Wicca was founded by Gerald Gardner, a British civil servant, who wrote a series of books on the religion in the 1940's. It contains references to Celtic deities, symbols, seasonal days of celebration, etc. Added to this were components of ceremonial magic and practices of the Masonic Order. A more recent form is eclectic Wicca which involves a combination of Wiccan beliefs and practices, combined with other Pagan and non-Pagan elements. The various traditions of Wicca are part of the Pagan or Neopagan group of earth-based religions."
Have you read the section of Gardners 'book of shadows' you mention? the section 'power' which includes animal sacrifice and human sacrifice.
pinch111

Newton Abbot, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

CShine wrote:
There is no evidence (supposing what you are saying is even true about the horses) that the crime was committed by a Pagan. Lots of Christains, actually, ritualistically committ crimes in some backwards idea of 'worshipping Satan'. They get these Hollywood horror, black mass ideas that are based on fantasies made up by other Christains. They have nothing to do with any earth-based spiritual paths. Even those non-Christian religions that include sacrafice as part of their practice, such as Santaria, do very practical animals such as chickens, which they very practically eat afterwards. They chicken probabaly has a nicer death, and life, than did a Tyson factory farm chicken. And the practioners who then ate it had a better meal then McDonalds McNuggets. You may not want to be spiritual, and you may not eat meat, but one must agree they are a whole lot more connected and thankful for their food than the average meat-eating Westerner. Lots of Pagans are farmers, especially in the US where there are more small family farms. So yeah, they might say a prayer and give thanks before they roast a pig. So what?
Most ancient cultures participated in some form of ceremonial state-sanctioned killing of POW's, slaves from conquered territories, or criminals. You absurdly worry about the 'lone Pagan sacrificer' over all the wars and political strife that result in the loss of life, and substandard quality of life. What's with all the straw men? What's with the fixation on something very unlikely to occur, and if it does than it is something for the authorities to sort out, than for actual suffering and conflict that is going on right now?
No i do not absurdly worry about lone pagans i worry about covens,the case which is what this is about concerned abuse at the hands of a coven not two individuals,how far away from something worse were they? of course that can not be answered but what is known as fact is it involved bdsm including the choaking until she could not breathe of a very small child whilst tied to a chair,its not that far away from sacrifice really is it,just a small leap?http://www.thisiscornwall .co.uk/women-bravely-relive-or deals-suffered-terrified/story -17639592-detail/story.html

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

The 13 principles of Wiccan belief:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_beli.ht...

1. We practice rites to attune ourselves with the natural rhythm of life forces marked by the phases of the Moon and the seasonal Quarters and Cross Quarters.

2. We recognize that our intelligence gives us a unique responsibility toward our environment. We seek to live in harmony with nature in ecological balance offering fulfillment to life and consciousness within an evolutionary concept.

3. We acknowledge a depth of power far greater than that apparent to the average person. Because it is far greater than ordinary it is sometimes called ‘supernatural’, but we see it as lying within that which is naturally potential to all.

4. We conceive of the Creative Power in the universe as manifesting through polarity – as masculine and feminine – and that this same Creative Power lies in all people and functions through the interaction of the masculine and the feminine. We value neither above the other knowing each to be supportive of the other. We value sex as pleasure as the symbol and embodiment of life, and as one of the sources of energy used in magical practice and religious worship.

5. We recognize both outer worlds and inner, or psychological worlds sometimes known as the Spiritual World, the Collective Unconsciousness, the Inner Planes etc – and we see in the interaction of these two dimensions the basis for paranormal phenomena and magical exercises. We neglect neither dimension for the other, seeing both as necessary for our fulfillment.

6. We do not recognize any authoritarian hierarchy, but do honor those who teach, respect those who share their greater knowledge and wisdom, and acknowledge those who have courageously given of themselves in leadership.

7. We see religion, magick and wisdom in living as being united in the way one views the world and lives within it – a world view and philosophy of life which we identify as Witchcraft – the Wiccan Way.

8. Calling oneself ‘Witch’ does not make a Witch – but neither does heredity itself, nor the collecting of titles, degrees and initiations. A Witch seek to control the forces within her/himself that make life possible in order to live wisely and without harm to others and in harmony with nature.

9. We believe in the affirmation and fulfillment of life in a continuation of evolution and development of consciousness giving meaning to the Universe we know and our personal role within it.

10. Our only animosity towards Christianity, or towards any other religion or philosophy of life, is to the extent that its institutions have claimed to be ‘the only way’ and have sought to deny freedom to others and to suppress other ways of religious practice and belief.

11. As American Witches, we are not threatened by debates on the history of the craft, the origins of various terms, the legitimacy of various aspects of different traditions. We are concerned with our present and our future.

12. We do not accept the concept of absolute evil, nor do we worship any entity known as ‘Satan’ or ‘the Devil’ as defined by Christian tradition. We do not seek power through the suffering of others, nor accept that personal benefit can be derived only by denial to another.

13. We believe that we should seek within Nature that which is contributory to our health and well-being.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Kathwynn wrote:
The 13 principles of Wiccan belief:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_beli.ht...
1. We practice rites to attune ourselves with the natural rhythm of life forces marked by the phases of the Moon and the seasonal Quarters and Cross Quarters.
2. We recognize that our intelligence gives us a unique responsibility toward our environment. We seek to live in harmony with nature in ecological balance offering fulfillment to life and consciousness within an evolutionary concept.
3. We acknowledge a depth of power far greater than that apparent to the average person. Because it is far greater than ordinary it is sometimes called ‘supernatural’, but we see it as lying within that which is naturally potential to all.
4. We conceive of the Creative Power in the universe as manifesting through polarity – as masculine and feminine – and that this same Creative Power lies in all people and functions through the interaction of the masculine and the feminine. We value neither above the other knowing each to be supportive of the other. We value sex as pleasure as the symbol and embodiment of life, and as one of the sources of energy used in magical practice and religious worship.
5. We recognize both outer worlds and inner, or psychological worlds sometimes known as the Spiritual World, the Collective Unconsciousness, the Inner Planes etc – and we see in the interaction of these two dimensions the basis for paranormal phenomena and magical exercises. We neglect neither dimension for the other, seeing both as necessary for our fulfillment.
6. We do not recognize any authoritarian hierarchy, but do honor those who teach, respect those who share their greater knowledge and wisdom, and acknowledge those who have courageously given of themselves in leadership.
7. We see religion, magick and wisdom in living as being united in the way one views the world and lives within it – a world view and philosophy of life which we identify as Witchcraft – the Wiccan Way.
8. Calling oneself ‘Witch’ does not make a Witch – but neither does heredity itself, nor the collecting of titles, degrees and initiations. A Witch seek to control the forces within her/himself that make life possible in order to live wisely and without harm to others and in harmony with nature.
9. We believe in the affirmation and fulfillment of life in a continuation of evolution and development of consciousness giving meaning to the Universe we know and our personal role within it.
10. Our only animosity towards Christianity, or towards any other religion or philosophy of life, is to the extent that its institutions have claimed to be ‘the only way’ and have sought to deny freedom to others and to suppress other ways of religious practice and belief.
11. As American Witches, we are not threatened by debates on the history of the craft, the origins of various terms, the legitimacy of various aspects of different traditions. We are concerned with our present and our future.
12. We do not accept the concept of absolute evil, nor do we worship any entity known as ‘Satan’ or ‘the Devil’ as defined by Christian tradition. We do not seek power through the suffering of others, nor accept that personal benefit can be derived only by denial to another.
13. We believe that we should seek within Nature that which is contributory to our health and well-being.
I see your Buddy Pinchy is still lying his ass off...

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>I see your Buddy Pinchy is still lying his ass off...
I am just posting facts and truth.. As to what he posts.. Well that is in the hands of topix moderators and admin..**shrugs**

But, yes he is....
joX

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I have not been in this forum for many months and the conversations still have the same threads. I read this article a few months back. It did as many that continue, horrify me, as children are sacred and the next generation. It is a fact that these men are paedophiles. It does not matter if they proclaim to be Pagan, Athiest, Christian, Juadism, Muslim or Buddists. They abused a child. END OF. People have mentioned "back in the 70's". Yes the 70's had a facination with the 'Occult'....(Denis Wheatly has alot to answer for),and this story reflects that. However we, have moved on from the Ritual Abuse setting. Children are still abused today, by many Adults, religious or not. That is the point to the story. If people on this forum continue to argue about who's religion/spirituality is the best one then, you are very closed to your own soul. Start searching and asking questions why?

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

The article doesn't say that anyone besides the two men (one of which is not part of the coven) were indicted. The other families that were involved in this group are most likely horrified themselves- just as they are in any case where a trusted community member is found out. For the fourth hundredth time, this didn't happen because they are Pagan, it happened because bad people took advantage of a social situation to their advantage. Does anyone say that the families of the victims in the Penn State/Sandusky scandal carry blame bacause they were into sports? Other than to advance your personal agenda against religion/Wicca, you are essentially being extremely rude and inhuman towards the affected victims and their families.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

CShine wrote:
The article doesn't say that anyone besides the two men (one of which is not part of the coven) were indicted. The other families that were involved in this group are most likely horrified themselves- just as they are in any case where a trusted community member is found out. For the fourth hundredth time, this didn't happen because they are Pagan, it happened because bad people took advantage of a social situation to their advantage. Does anyone say that the families of the victims in the Penn State/Sandusky scandal carry blame bacause they were into sports? Other than to advance your personal agenda against religion/Wicca, you are essentially being extremely rude and inhuman towards the affected victims and their families.
Doesn't matter to the bigoted slanderbot Pinchy, that's why his posts get removed every time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of404
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 50 min El Cid 193,562
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) 23 hr PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... Thu PINCH111 5
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... Thu PINCH111 54
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated Thu PINCH111 8
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Thu PINCH111 72
Create A Potted Plant Altar Wed Drake_Burrwood 1
•••
•••