new guy

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1 Jun 4, 2013
So, I'm new to the forum, been practicing a pagan medley since my great grand mother took the time to teach me the mountain witches way. Now I'm kind of stuck in rut per say, I still hold onto my faith in the Goddess and God but I very rarely practice ritual worship, let alone even talk about it. I still give thanks and meditate but at this point in my life in living by the dirty hands clean soul motto, I've got a wonderful family, a decent job, a small home. I suppose I'm living simply and that's good enough for me but how do I go about practicing rituals when I have nothing I really want? More stuff means more troubles and I've gotten those down to a minimum. I suppose I feel like I'm spiritually slacking after fighting a war with the cosmos to get here. Any advice?
Ken Ra

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jun 4, 2013
How about thanking the Lord and Lady? Or inviting them over as friends, they are you know.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#3 Jun 5, 2013
I agree with Ken Ra. Whatever your take on divinity is, keep honoring and acknowledging that. You may not be Wiccan, but a large part of that is honoring the cycles, the Moon, the Gods and so on. Every Sabbat is a Thanksgiving for us, and we try to find even little ways to feel/give magic to everyday life, even when it is not 'asking' for something.

And they don't have to be set to a certain praxis (i.e the circle casting of Wicca). A bit of meditation and quiet appreciation each day is a ritual too. Enjoying tea (or whiskey or both) among friends is a ritual. Enjoy them and just acknowledge their sacredness.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4 Jun 7, 2013
Agian I'm forced to say I had thought of that, I do regularly take time to reflect on my life and feel how honestly grateful Ian but I hadn't thought of that as a ritual event. Sounds like a little environmental tweaks would be a good idea but yea.
thanks guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 8 hr yehoshooah adam 256,495
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb 23 mascari wears horns 18
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 22 Eagle 12 4,947
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb 22 Nicole Orsak 117
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Feb 7 Kcreoke 2
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Jan 30 lee77 117
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 26 Rabbeen Al Jihad 20
More from around the web