the 7 great clans

Posted in the Pagan/Wiccan Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of476
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Since: Jan 07

Monte Vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Jun 28, 2007
 
CShine wrote:
<quoted text>
Er, you need to be a little more specific please, which one?
Do it really matter? Kick him in the pee pee and move on/
Sinajuavi

Amherst, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Jun 28, 2007
 
So much incredibly severe repression of non-Christian ways has gone on in European societies, that it would seem that very few would still be able to trace actual blood to specific ritual clans...

Sometimes I think the legacy is passed on in the shamanic reality, meditation, whatever way you use to access this... Many with "blood" would not have ever been told this by any of their ancestors or relatives except through such media...

I am reminded of the mythology of Ireland, where the old deities are said to now live under the hills. A nice way of representing that they were replaced by Christian cosmology, but also suggesting that there is another meaning, being that the are still there and accessible to those who seek them.

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Since: Jan 07

Monte Vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Jun 28, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

Sinajuavi wrote:
So much incredibly severe repression of non-Christian ways has gone on in European societies, that it would seem that very few would still be able to trace actual blood to specific ritual clans...
Sometimes I think the legacy is passed on in the shamanic reality, meditation, whatever way you use to access this... Many with "blood" would not have ever been told this by any of their ancestors or relatives except through such media...
I am reminded of the mythology of Ireland, where the old deities are said to now live under the hills. A nice way of representing that they were replaced by Christian cosmology, but also suggesting that there is another meaning, being that the are still there and accessible to those who seek them.
When you find out you can do things others cant or see things that others cant personal discovery takes over. Most people who were naturally gifted tended to practice in shadows while under the christian opression.
If a person had support by another person(in most cases it was family)the person held to the familial practices over the Judao-Christian practices. Family clans held the teachings and nurtured the strengths of the family members. In all countries where Church or state pressed values into family life and tried to control the "Blood" there were those families that held to the old ways and stayed secret from the church.
wulf
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jun 28, 2007
 
Tian_mon wrote:
There are books on this subject. Many are fantasy, few are true studies. Bloodwitch or pure-blood witch is common in all Elden ancestry.
There were seven hundred original tribes of man. In those tribes there were Necromancer, Seer, Conjurer, Mystic, Herbalist, Healer and Sorcerer tribes. They break down to seven disciplines, however all are "Witches"
Fantasy works of Cate Tierman bring to light those tribes in a fanciful light.
Lillithian lore speaks of the seven witch mothers.
Lilith, First bride of Adam.
Viagrin, the fallen of Ur.
Thagrin, the dark Sorcerer.
Patronus, the seer.
Ovea the, goddess
Niahenaia, the healer.
Trova, one who spoke to spirits.
In essence, you can find seven times seven root Elden Witch tribes depending on the direction you take. There are seven witches in biblical myth. Seven in the book of nod. Seven in the Tianic texts. Seven in the writings of Cunningham. The list is virtually endless because of the seven root disciplines.
What Is a blood-witch capable of? Any of the above disciplines as part of their nature.
I believe that the "Woodbane clan attaches to Thagrin. I might be in error and would have to look in my library. In any instance the name denotes the sorcerers discipline.
Wicca and other "Green Witch" crafts are more the discipline of Niahenaia. Healers arts.
Though Wicca is the forefront of known magic craft it is not the only craft nor is it the oldest. Most Wiccans know this and seek out the Elden followers to learn more of the seven discilpines. The beauty of Wicca and it's followers is the discovery they seek and their loving open minds.To you Wiccans I offer brightest blessings.
How would one go about "finding" their clan.
It seems reading your ..post.. here has made soemthing jump out at me, and I wish to investigate this further. I am a practicing Wiccan/pagan, following druidic tradition, but I am Also into looking..deeper.

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Since: Jan 07

Monte Vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jun 29, 2007
 
wulf wrote:
<quoted text>
How would one go about "finding" their clan.
It seems reading your ..post.. here has made soemthing jump out at me, and I wish to investigate this further. I am a practicing Wiccan/pagan, following druidic tradition, but I am Also into looking..deeper.
The Sain (Tian_mon) has gone to take care of a sick temple member. Most often though, your clan or path find you. That's how it worked with me.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jun 29, 2007
 
(Understanding that a response may be delayed...), but what (if anything) to the Tianice think of or are in relation to the Red Thread Witchcraft Trad? This is mainly based in te UK, but there is a HP who is setting up a sanctuary and moving close by soon. He has tentatively invited my group to Circle on said land when it is ready, but I get a sense of him looking down his nose at "American Wiccans" none the less.

Hell, not a sense, he pretty much said as much in detail to another person he did not realize was a friend of mine... not trying to judge the whole sect based on this one guy, but was interested none-the-less on any perspectives. I suspect that if that is his true attitude, he'll be pretty lonely on his mountian there...
wulf

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jun 29, 2007
 
CShine wrote:
(Understanding that a response may be delayed...), but what (if anything) to the Tianice think of or are in relation to the Red Thread Witchcraft Trad? This is mainly based in te UK, but there is a HP who is setting up a sanctuary and moving close by soon. He has tentatively invited my group to Circle on said land when it is ready, but I get a sense of him looking down his nose at "American Wiccans" none the less.
Hell, not a sense, he pretty much said as much in detail to another person he did not realize was a friend of mine... not trying to judge the whole sect based on this one guy, but was interested none-the-less on any perspectives. I suspect that if that is his true attitude, he'll be pretty lonely on his mountian there...
Speaking of "pure" blood. The english..arent' a "pure" race. they've been invaded plenty of times...the last I believe were the Normans, from upper? france. So even the "purest" blood lines..are..tainted. Share that tid-bit of information with him.

“Believe in yourself. ”

Since: Jan 07

Montrose Co

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jun 30, 2007
 
CShine wrote:
(Understanding that a response may be delayed...), but what (if anything) to the Tianice think of or are in relation to the Red Thread Witchcraft Trad? This is mainly based in te UK, but there is a HP who is setting up a sanctuary and moving close by soon. He has tentatively invited my group to Circle on said land when it is ready, but I get a sense of him looking down his nose at "American Wiccans" none the less.
Hell, not a sense, he pretty much said as much in detail to another person he did not realize was a friend of mine... not trying to judge the whole sect based on this one guy, but was interested none-the-less on any perspectives. I suspect that if that is his true attitude, he'll be pretty lonely on his mountian there...
Hello dear Shine, Gracious Goddess, I am tired. I have stopped in to keep from getting two hundred posts behind again.
In one gallon of water place a drop of red food dye. Then take one drop from that gallon and drip it in another.You'll see how purity vanishes rather fast. It is the same with Witchcraft and Witches. I have never heard of this Red Thread triad, but then that is common, there are many sects that I have never heard of.
The judgment, among witches, should never be. For one to judge another in purity or practice is detrimental to self. Such actions and thoughts reflect.
If this person is a High Priest then he is of no relation to the Tianic people. We are called Sain and that reference alone should let you know of a relationship. As to his words to your friend and his sitting alone on his mountain, a fitting bit of karma, if indeed he holds such thoughts.
Remember, our open hand is meant to feed all things. Food, knowledge and understanding are the gifts of the open hand and we as people of the Goddess should do our best to fulfill that. His sect may well do that very thing and he himself may. If he does not then his gift in return will be cast.
Be blessed in all things, Shine, My love to you and yours.

“Believe in yourself. ”

Since: Jan 07

Montrose Co

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jun 30, 2007
 
wulf wrote:
<quoted text>
How would one go about "finding" their clan.
It seems reading your ..post.. here has made soemthing jump out at me, and I wish to investigate this further. I am a practicing Wiccan/pagan, following druidic tradition, but I am Also into looking..deeper.
One could well be of many clans and traditions, to pinpoint a single clan is at best a challenge. Begin by finding your root power, what of the seven primary disciplines fits you best? From there seek those richest in that discipline.

“sanity is curable ”

Since: Mar 07

Dayton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jun 30, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Is this going to turn out like Harry Potter, the pure bloods not liking the muggle born?
Well, mankind in general has a way of fighting about everything.
We will have to start carrying pedigree papers...

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jun 30, 2007
 
Madera wrote:
Is this going to turn out like Harry Potter, the pure bloods not liking the muggle born?
Well, mankind in general has a way of fighting about everything.
We will have to start carrying pedigree papers...
From what I understand of the Red Threads is that they feel that some poeple have a strong (I have to talk in their language here) have a strong concentration of 'witch' blood and that by and large, it has to be activated or woken up, preferably by them I gather. Most of us term people looking to join a good coven as seekers. They term them as sleepers. The more sleeper-'blood' they think you have, the more willing to accept you.

This man I speak of is an American (with NA blood mixed in) who traveled to England enough to get his papers from this trad. I think he must've, regrettably, had bad experiences with a Wiccan coven(s). However, that does not excuse prejudice.

Thank you for you words Tian_mon. Please do rest well and recharge! I am sure you are wise enough to understand that we help others best when we are taking care of ourselves too. Blessings.

I am off to get my family some breakfast!

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Since: Jan 07

Monte Vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Jun 30, 2007
 
Madera wrote:
Is this going to turn out like Harry Potter, the pure bloods not liking the muggle born?
Well, mankind in general has a way of fighting about everything.
We will have to start carrying pedigree papers...
I hope not! I'm impure...lol In thought as well. I'm so naughty!

“Believe in yourself. ”

Since: Jan 07

Montrose Co

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jun 30, 2007
 
Madera wrote:
Is this going to turn out like Harry Potter, the pure bloods not liking the muggle born?
Well, mankind in general has a way of fighting about everything.
We will have to start carrying pedigree papers...
I severely doubt that any one person can trace themselves back 10,000 years to come within reach of the original tribes.
Those that get hoaxed by offerings of pedigree are often surprised when they find hundreds of others just like them. There are those on the web that offer these pedigree papers for a price and I'm wondering more and more if these hoaxes are traveling into our peoples to gain some cash or create difficulties.

My dear people, Our genealogy has little to do with our capabilities. Magic and power both begin within the Spirit and soul, the body is but a vessel. While having witch blood in your veins makes the use of power easier it does not prove in any way your value as person or witch.

The path of the Witch is the very same path that all beings follow. Our path is that of discovery.
Our bloodlines are so very vague that to claim purity is as silly as the claim of being a vampire or the wicked witch of the east. Let's not get into a trap where purity is cause for prejudice.

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Since: Jan 07

Monte Vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Jun 30, 2007
 
Tian_mon wrote:
<quoted text>
I severely doubt that any one person can trace themselves back 10,000 years to come within reach of the original tribes.
Those that get hoaxed by offerings of pedigree are often surprised when they find hundreds of others just like them. There are those on the web that offer these pedigree papers for a price and I'm wondering more and more if these hoaxes are traveling into our peoples to gain some cash or create difficulties.
My dear people, Our genealogy has little to do with our capabilities. Magic and power both begin within the Spirit and soul, the body is but a vessel. While having witch blood in your veins makes the use of power easier it does not prove in any way your value as person or witch.
The path of the Witch is the very same path that all beings follow. Our path is that of discovery.
Our bloodlines are so very vague that to claim purity is as silly as the claim of being a vampire or the wicked witch of the east. Let's not get into a trap where purity is cause for prejudice.
But... I am a vampire. I have pointed teeth and am up all night.
Abua'th Sain. En tis blethec.

SJB

Since: Apr 07

Great Falls, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jul 1, 2007
 
Kcuph wrote:
<quoted text>
But... I am a vampire. I have pointed teeth and am up all night.
Abua'th Sain. En tis blethec.
Last week you were dancing with Bullwinkle. The week before you were the "plow driver of doom". Before that you were Freddy from Nightmare on Elm street. I think we need to talk, Micky. Personalities cant change this often.

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Since: Jan 07

Monte Vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jul 1, 2007
 
SJB wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week you were dancing with Bullwinkle. The week before you were the "plow driver of doom". Before that you were Freddy from Nightmare on Elm street. I think we need to talk, Micky. Personalities cant change this often.
Don't blow the delusions, they are fun and fun is my purpose in life. yep!
wulf

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jul 2, 2007
 
Kcuph wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sain (Tian_mon) has gone to take care of a sick temple member. Most often though, your clan or path find you. That's how it worked with me.
I'd really wish to know from them. To find my palce amongst them, if they're around.

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Since: Jan 07

Monte Vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jul 2, 2007
 
wulf wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd really wish to know from them. To find my palce amongst them, if they're around.
What is your strength? What powers do you have? What form of craft are you most comfortable with?

“Believe in yourself. ”

Since: Jan 07

Montrose Co

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jul 2, 2007
 
Kcuph wrote:
<quoted text>
But... I am a vampire. I have pointed teeth and am up all night.
Abua'th Sain. En tis blethec.
Abua'th Kcuph.

“Memento Mori”

Since: Jul 07

Shelby

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Jul 2, 2007
 
Kcuph wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your strength? What powers do you have? What form of craft are you most comfortable with?
that's complicated. this is going to sound odd... but here goes.

I'm able to "feel" the energy of different places, positve, negative, and neutral. I also have memories that are not my own...I experience flashbacks from a war, in a time I wasn't even thought of :P...that can be a distraction at times. I've not really tried tarot as of late..but I have used Runes. Futhark, preferred, and I use the ogham sticks from time to time. Mostly I glean information from what i see everyday..certain heads up signs..

as far as spells...because I can sense "energies" and other forms of them..I use alot of purification and banishing magicks/spells. I'm an active firegazer..though oddly enough..I'm a pisces...my craft is rather the opposite of my sign..which i find odd. I also use earth methods..I use alot and have the natural ability to find certain gemstones nad use their energies towards my advantages.

and maybe..this might help in my quest. My geneaology, consists of German, Irish/Scottish/ english, and Native american ancestires.

My "familiar"..or guide..if you want to cal it..if that of a black wolf..oddly enough with bright Green eyes. I identify with my german ancestry by using the name "wulf" in other titles besides here. I can also feel the "strength" in certain Scotch/irish designs..specifically Celt designs. My native american trive is Cherokee...I think this might influence my "earth" magic..other than that..I'm unsure abotu msot things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of476
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 59 min a person 16
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr bmz 198,823
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe 14 hr a person 83
Cosmic ordering (Nov '09) 20 hr bren 3
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Jul 9 CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) Jul 9 CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Jul 9 Shawn 9
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••