“Believe in yourself. ”

Since: Jan 07

Montrose Co

#22 Jun 11, 2007
Sora I have found no factual basis for the name "Woodbane" I have looked through all of my reference books and scroll copies and found nothing. Is it possible that you are putting faith in the writings of Cate Tiernan?

I don't mean to sound as if I'm judging you or in any way calling you false. I would just like to know the root of your beliefs, so that my order may add them to our studies. It is our way to help all find answers and pose questions that lead to discovery.
Sora

Beaufort, SC

#23 Jun 11, 2007
Pharaoh-Nile wrote:
<quoted text>
Sora once it breaks none of your clans rules or codes of conduct I would very much like to hear about Woodbanes! But if it stands a chance of getting you into trouble please don't! We can still share ideas and opinions on different topics!
u wont but my clan has a very dark past and i will tell u within 2 days
Sora

Beaufort, SC

#24 Jun 11, 2007
Tian_mon wrote:
Sora I have found no factual basis for the name "Woodbane" I have looked through all of my reference books and scroll copies and found nothing. Is it possible that you are putting faith in the writings of Cate Tiernan?
I don't mean to sound as if I'm judging you or in any way calling you false. I would just like to know the root of your beliefs, so that my order may add them to our studies. It is our way to help all find answers and pose questions that lead to discovery.
who is cate tieran

“Believe in yourself. ”

Since: Jan 07

Montrose Co

#25 Jun 12, 2007
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>who is cate tieran
She is a fantasy novelist.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#26 Jun 12, 2007
Ok, here is another question. Who or what exactly are the Draconian?
If you all know. I mean, I could chalk that up to some odd little tradition that someone started, except for my brush with them.

How could a couple of guys we picked up at the local hang out (yeah back in my younger days...) speak an archaic and unrecognizable language with a random bum looking for change for his next bottle of hooch? I mean, I took french in school and half my family speaks german and the other half spanish and granted there are lots of other languages in the world... but it was weird- surreal. My friend and I did not stay in touch with them and thought that was maybe for the better.

Since: Feb 07

Letterkenny, Ireland

#27 Jun 14, 2007
CShine wrote:
Ok, here is another question. Who or what exactly are the Draconian?
If you all know. I mean, I could chalk that up to some odd little tradition that someone started, except for my brush with them.
How could a couple of guys we picked up at the local hang out (yeah back in my younger days...) speak an archaic and unrecognizable language with a random bum looking for change for his next bottle of hooch? I mean, I took french in school and half my family speaks german and the other half spanish and granted there are lots of other languages in the world... but it was weird- surreal. My friend and I did not stay in touch with them and thought that was maybe for the better.
Erm now this is dodgy territory for my memory! But Draconian I believe is a form of "left-hand" workings, this webpage on wiki may help!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Rouge

I'm not overly familiar with them! The crwd I'm going to celebrate the Solstice with are more familiar with High Magick practices and can give me more of a background!
LiLi

Knoxville, TN

#28 Jun 14, 2007
Cin_of_roses wrote:
Thank you all for the information.. I was mostly curious because I do have such ties from my heritage in Scotland, but I rather not do much research. And in response to CShine, I am sorry to say hun but bashing Wicca and all things related has been a "time honored" tradition among the other religions for hundreds of years. And I hope that you all can detect the sarcasm in "time honored"
Not to be a noodge....but how is it possible for it to have been a "time honored tradition" to bash Wicca and all things related for "hundreds of years"? Wicca isn't "hundreds of years" old. Paganism, Heathenism, Witchcraft....yes..hundreds of years old......Wicca, nope.

“sanity is curable ”

Since: Mar 07

Dayton

#29 Jun 14, 2007
LiLi wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be a noodge....but how is it possible for it to have been a "time honored tradition" to bash Wicca and all things related for "hundreds of years"? Wicca isn't "hundreds of years" old. Paganism, Heathenism, Witchcraft....yes..hundreds of years old......Wicca, nope.
You are correct
Sora

Hilton Head Island, SC

#30 Jun 18, 2007
Tian_mon wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a fantasy novelist.
thank u for telling me about her she is a fantastic novelest i just read a book of hers

“Life is what we make of it”

Since: Jun 07

Cleburne, Tx.

#31 Jun 18, 2007
Tian_mon, i am new here so I apologize if I say something wrong, But these books you keep talking about, do they belong only to your path or are they available for the public? the reason I ask is I am a solitary so have no long generation of history to refer to or study. And please do not send me to the normal wiccan and pagan books, great writers and all, but lack real history. thanks.

“Believe in yourself. ”

Since: Jan 07

Montrose Co

#32 Jun 18, 2007
Witch of endor wrote:
Tian_mon, i am new here so I apologize if I say something wrong, But these books you keep talking about, do they belong only to your path or are they available for the public? the reason I ask is I am a solitary so have no long generation of history to refer to or study. And please do not send me to the normal wiccan and pagan books, great writers and all, but lack real history. thanks.
Some of our writings are proprietary. We do not lend them out. Some of the best books you will find are in used bookstores or in old collections donated to groups like the salvation army.Many Bibliophiles search the bins and boxes at these places. I regularly hunt bins and boxes when I travel to larger cities.

What books are you looking for? If you wish the Tianic Texts you must know a Tianice with them. We do not publish them. It is hand written and hand bound by our scribes and each leaf of cloth in the book is blessed. We do not publish en mass primarily because our scribes would have chronic writers cramp.

“Life is what we make of it”

Since: Jun 07

Cleburne, Tx.

#33 Jun 18, 2007
Tian_mon wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of our writings are proprietary. We do not lend them out. Some of the best books you will find are in used bookstores or in old collections donated to groups like the salvation army.Many Bibliophiles search the bins and boxes at these places. I regularly hunt bins and boxes when I travel to larger cities.
What books are you looking for? If you wish the Tianic Texts you must know a Tianice with them. We do not publish them. It is hand written and hand bound by our scribes and each leaf of cloth in the book is blessed. We do not publish en mass primarily because our scribes would have chronic writers cramp.
Thank you for the information, I am looking for books that get into the real history of paganism. OK and now to show my naivete what exactly is Tianic? if you do not mind my asking.

“Believe in yourself. ”

Since: Jan 07

Montrose Co

#34 Jun 19, 2007
There are some books out there but real history has been word of mouth and personal ledgers, writings, biographies etc that were not found by the religions of Abraham.

There are some good compilations that can be found however. There is a book on the history of paganism but it covers so many faiths that it answers few questions. The History of the Sun by Rapier is the one I believe. A History of Pagan Europe by Jones and Pennick Is a good start. Though Root faiths and their histories have been hidden, some of those histories are mentioned albeit blandly and generally.

I do not remember the author but A Walk with a Druid and Witchery's Loch are both extremely well written and informative. The Gelded Book of Names and Pride's Pestilence both show what happened to the ancient faiths when religion (as a practice) took over. You'll find information on the death of the different Mancer cults and the destruction of Mayan and Aztec beliefs. I believe that author was Tinsdale.

Most of the books I have spoken of are indeed out of print. Seeking them in used bookstores is the best rout to take. The Gelded book of names would be quite a boon to your historical library. It teaches magic as well as explaining the beginning of the white mancer's art.
So that you understand a Mancer is a Necromancer Orb-Mancer or Biomancer. Mancer means to use a particular type magic.

The Tianice are another faith, Elders of newer beliefs such as wicca may have rooted in our own. We find quite often that wicca and green witchery are similar to Tianic practice. We know exactly when and how our faith began. Ours was one of the original 700 tribes of man. We are the children of the Elden. When I say "we" I mean mankind.

In all things, be blessed.
Iza

Enfield, UK

#35 Jun 27, 2007
Hi I just wanted to ask...I knoe it will sound incredibly silly...Is that whole thing with clans true?I was reading Tiernan's books and I know that the rituals are quite useful and all,but i thought that the story around it is a fiction.I am no blood witch thats for certain, I dont even know if existance of any clan in Poland(my home country) is possible.

Ah...goddess Im so suprised about what I read here.Tian_mon can you tell me what is true and what is fiction because you seem very well informed and everything.And I am confused beyond words to be honest.
Would be grateful if you'd respond.
Well...blessed be^^

“Believe in yourself. ”

Since: Jan 07

Montrose Co

#36 Jun 27, 2007
Iza wrote:
Hi I just wanted to ask...I knoe it will sound incredibly silly...Is that whole thing with clans true?I was reading Tiernan's books and I know that the rituals are quite useful and all,but i thought that the story around it is a fiction.I am no blood witch thats for certain, I dont even know if existance of any clan in Poland(my home country) is possible.
Ah...goddess Im so suprised about what I read here.Tian_mon can you tell me what is true and what is fiction because you seem very well informed and everything.And I am confused beyond words to be honest.
Would be grateful if you'd respond.
Well...blessed be^^
There are "Blood witch" lines. Old clans that have held on in the human gene pool. Some of the seven basic powers hold on. Even today in the sea of humanity, there are natural witches with these old genes running through them. Our own clan has hundreds of natural witches that have these ingrained powers.
The books one finds, have some spiritual memory of the author that sheds some light on past peoples. Teirnan has some spiritual memory that does indeed hold to the past, albeit a fanciful past.

I doubt that there is one person alive in this great populous of humanity that has no power. We all began in the elden times as mystical spiritual beings and as we began in the spirit the powers of spirit are available to us.
Poland is full of Gypsy clans as are many of the countries surrounding it. Gypsies did and do practice old arts of magic. Some of the Green Mothers that brought healing to other countries started in those gypsy clans. On my own visit to Poland I found several wise women and practitioners of the craft. I found a great many writings on remedies that we tested and found worked well.
After Communism and the wrath of the church however, it was difficult to find them openly. I am not one to hide nor am I prone to cower from the powers that be, but in Poland I was fearful of being found by the orthodoxy.
I hope I have helped you settle your mind around things somewhat.
In all things, be blessed.
Iza

Enfield, UK

#38 Jun 28, 2007
Thank you.Really thank you,I just thought it was just someones fantasy the whole story,but at least now I know what is true.
Thank you for help one more time and have a great day.
Be blessed^^
BLA BLA

Lakeland, FL

#39 Jun 28, 2007
YOU PEOPLE NEED A REALITY CHECK!

“sanity is curable ”

Since: Mar 07

Dayton

#40 Jun 28, 2007
BLA BLA wrote:
YOU PEOPLE NEED A REALITY CHECK!
Ahh, your just jealous...

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#41 Jun 28, 2007
BLA BLA wrote:
YOU PEOPLE NEED A REALITY CHECK!
Quite right! A trip to Terence McKenna-land is in order:
http://deoxy.org/mckenna.htm

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#42 Jun 28, 2007
BLA BLA wrote:
YOU PEOPLE NEED A REALITY CHECK!
Er, you need to be a little more specific please, which one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 20 min Shamma 207,279
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) 17 hr thefinestallmoved... 16
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov '14 scribbles 1
More from around the web