The wiccan comes to IIM Calcutta

The wiccan comes to IIM Calcutta

There are 2 comments on the www.telegraphindia.com story from Jan 19, 2013, titled The wiccan comes to IIM Calcutta. In it, www.telegraphindia.com reports that:

What comes to mind when one thinks of a witch? A woman in a black cloak, conical hat with a broomstick, doing hocus pocus? Maybe characters from Harry Potter ? Those ideas are sure to be transfigured if you meet Ipsita Roy Chakraverti, the Wiccan priestess in India.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.telegraphindia.com.

Ken Ra

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 21, 2013
We are everywhere and it is a good story. Several Minnesotan witches are from, or descended from India. But certified Witch??

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#2 Jan 22, 2013
Eh, probably just an awkward use of language- maybe they were trying to say, as in, she has been ordained or initiated as a priestess. I agree, the story is a little awkward, but once you find out more about Chakraverti going beyond this story, she seems to be a facinating person doing good work in India in regards to the feminist movement and debunking fear of the supernatural idea of witches and witchcraft.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) 51 min knight of Jesus 10
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 54 min Annihilate 225,577
News What is Asatru? (Dec '10) 6 hr ex pagan 2
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun 23 Drake_Burrwood 1
News Illogical Religious Positions? Jun 15 Looney Tunes 1
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 14 Davglix 107
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Jun 12 MakesUBeGone 2
More from around the web