Misconceptions and Myths

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 9, 2012
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chrw_int_i2...

In my personal opinion, an Educated person cannot be defined based on his or her religion. The beauty of this country is that we're all free, and entitled to our own opinions, beliefs, and way of living. Morons, and Educated people alike are free to express themselves. In a perfect world, we would all sit down and take the time to understand the different cultures, and religions, dispelling any misconceptions, and myths of eachother, in attempt to understand the truth.

That being said, in this article you will find a lot of myths about Paganism, such as us being worshipers of what Christians like to call the "Devil". How many times do we have to say it....Pagans don't believe in the "Devil". The "Devil" is an entity in Christianity. I do believe in karma, and I do believe there are consequences in the Summerland for those who choose to live and die in their less honorable ways (child abusers, rapists, and of course politicians, lol jk about the politicians)

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#2 Jul 9, 2012
This article is worth reading just for the entertainment value. It is difficult to believe in this age when information is so readily available that people can still be so ignorant about the beliefs of others.

Location hidden

#3 Jul 9, 2012
NM Desert Rat wrote:
This article is worth reading just for the entertainment value. It is difficult to believe in this age when information is so readily available that people can still be so ignorant about the beliefs of others.
I know right, some people aren't taught to think for themselves, they're taught what to think, and to no surprise they don't even know it. Some people even believe that the act of reading an article, or reading a book, asking someone, or inquiring in some fashion about another religion or belief system is evil, and to never question what they've been taught. And it's sad, in my opinion it's hard to evolve in one's path without education, without experiencing things for yourself, and without questioning anything.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#4 Jul 9, 2012
Well, at least the group has been defunct since 99'. Homosexuality is the new satan for the religious right these days. They always have to have a group to disenfranchise- they get people through hate, fear and guilt.

Location hidden

#5 Jul 9, 2012
CShine wrote:
Well, at least the group has been defunct since 99'. Homosexuality is the new satan for the religious right these days. They always have to have a group to disenfranchise- they get people through hate, fear and guilt.
Very true. I am sure there are other similar groups out there. Saturday night I was at a restaurant with my significant other, and I had what I would consider a nice outfit on, but the shirt I was wearing was low cut enough to where I couldn't hide the Pentacle I wear, I wasn't wearing it out in the open on purpose, I just didn't think about it. There was a couple with their childern sitting not too far from us, and let me tell you, if you could burn a Witch at the stake by just glaring at her, I'd be ashes right now. I was tempted to turn around and say "Don't worry, I only do animal and child sacrifices on Sundays", but out of respect I didn't of course, also they probably would have believed me, which wouldn't have helped my case much.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#6 Jul 9, 2012
Pagan Priestess wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. I am sure there are other similar groups out there. Saturday night I was at a restaurant with my significant other, and I had what I would consider a nice outfit on, but the shirt I was wearing was low cut enough to where I couldn't hide the Pentacle I wear, I wasn't wearing it out in the open on purpose, I just didn't think about it. There was a couple with their childern sitting not too far from us, and let me tell you, if you could burn a Witch at the stake by just glaring at her, I'd be ashes right now. I was tempted to turn around and say "Don't worry, I only do animal and child sacrifices on Sundays", but out of respect I didn't of course, also they probably would have believed me, which wouldn't have helped my case much.
The person most outspoken adamantly against something that doesn't affect them usually has some attraction or facination to it. So, though it sucks to be put in that place, they had some reason to be jealous of you.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 9, 2012
CShine wrote:
<quoted text>
The person most outspoken adamantly against something that doesn't affect them usually has some attraction or facination to it. So, though it sucks to be put in that place, they had some reason to be jealous of you.
Smiles, that's definitely a better way of looking at it, I concur.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 9 hr Eagle 12 4,693
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 10 hr KAB 253,562
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 21 thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun '16 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun '16 yav1112 13
More from around the web