how do wiccans selabate christmas

Posted in the Pagan/Wiccan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pat

Sydney, Australia

#1 Nov 19, 2007
if christmas is a cristian selabration what do we wiccans do espeshaly if our families presuer us to go to a christmas dinner

heeeeeeeelp!!!!!

“Reality = Playdough”

Since: Aug 07

Merced, CA

#2 Nov 19, 2007
Go. There is no reason you can't celebrate Christmas. Ask yourself this is Christ or the idea of Christ unworthy of a celebration? Have dinner with you family to celebrate and honor your family.
pat

Sydney, Australia

#3 Nov 19, 2007
excuse me gnome but why is cristmas on the summer solstice

“Reality = Playdough”

Merced, CA

#4 Nov 19, 2007
pat wrote:
excuse me gnome but why is cristmas on the summer solstice
Or spring equinox for that mater. Dose it really mater? I have been Wicca for over 17 years now and my family is Catholic for the most part. I celebrate Christmas with them. I also honor Christ as a wise teacher and bringer of peace. Three days prier I have a Yule celebration. Just because we are not Christians doesn't mean we can't celebrate this day with our none Pagan friends and family.
pat

Brisbane, Australia

#5 Nov 19, 2007
cool but in austrailia its on the summer solstice

“Reality = Playdough”

Merced, CA

#6 Nov 19, 2007
pat wrote:
How is this a problem?
heavymetalgeek

Martinsville, VA

#7 Nov 21, 2007
I personally think that Jesus was a great teacher, and definately a figure that deserves to be honor. I may not be Christian, but I can still honor Jesus of Nazareth. Besides, there's always Yule.

“Knowledge is understanding.”

Since: Sep 07

Patrick Springs, VA

#8 Nov 21, 2007
I personally see Jesus of Nazareth as a great teacher who deserves to be honored. I may not be Christian, but I still recognize the value of his teachings. Besides, there's always Yule.

“Knowledge is understanding.”

Since: Sep 07

Patrick Springs, VA

#9 Nov 21, 2007
Grr... I hate Topix. Sorry for the double post.
jmm

Denver, CO

#10 Sep 21, 2010
Learn how to spell people!

“WOOH!!”

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#11 Sep 21, 2010
pat wrote:
South of the Equator, the seasons are reversed. So what are Winter holidays for us, are Summer holidays for those Down Under, and vice versa.
Bluedew

Toronto, Canada

#12 Sep 22, 2010
I celebrate Christmas in a pagan way, decorate my tree and home with pine cones and ribbon.
Lots of candles and home cooked food.
I like turkey dinner and all the nice trimmings.
Earth Child

Twinsburg, OH

#13 Sep 22, 2010
Good morning Bluedew!

I love baking a Yule Log for the holiday and my husband loves it. We don't put a tree up because our dog will pull it down. She chases the relections from the ornaments. I do decorate with garland and ribbons too. Love candles.
Bluedew

Toronto, Canada

#14 Sep 22, 2010
Good morning Earth Child.

I enjoy all the Holidays. I just celebrate them in my own way.

As most of my family has since passed away, I don't have to answer to anybody or explain myself.

Most christian holidays derived from pagan days anyway.

The darling christians just changed the names.

I read a lot of books to gain insite, get help and
ideas.
Earth Child

Twinsburg, OH

#15 Sep 22, 2010
I think when we put our own personal touch into a holidsay it makes it special along with the holiday meaning.
Makin Sense

United States

#16 Sep 22, 2010
jmm wrote:
You revived a THREE YEAR old thread just to be a spelling nazi? How rude. I'll take misspellings over rudeness any day.
The Gnome

Dos Palos, CA

#17 Sep 22, 2010
Makin Sense wrote:
<quoted text> You revived a THREE YEAR old thread just to be a spelling nazi? How rude. I'll take misspellings over rudeness any day.
many times i see them (misspelling and rudeness) go hand in hand around these parts.
Bluedew

Toronto, Canada

#18 Sep 23, 2010
Being new here, I'm in no position to judge anothers spelling or any other grammatical error.

I was enjoying how others celebrate the holidays.
Nice to get fresh ideas from others.
Earth Child

Twinsburg, OH

#19 Sep 23, 2010
jmm wrote:
If grammar and spelling are the only things that frost your cookie, then life must be pretty damn good for you.
Earth Child

Twinsburg, OH

#20 Sep 23, 2010
Good morning Bluedew!
It amazes me how people react to such minor insignificant issues instead of focusing on the intent of the post. There are bigger things in life to worry about than spelling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 27 min MUQ2 207,495
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Mon thefinestallmoved... 18
torn sash Dec 21 Wanderinsoul 1
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov '14 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
More from around the web