Christine O'Donnell and "witchcraft"....

Christine O'Donnell and "witchcraft"...: Susan Campbell | Still Small Voice

There are 43 comments on the The Hartford Courant story from Sep 20, 2010, titled Christine O'Donnell and "witchcraft"...: Susan Campbell | Still Small Voice. In it, The Hartford Courant reports that:

Delaware's new Republican candidate for U.S. Senate -- a conservative Christian and a Tea Party favorite but not a Karl Rove one -- is having to explain a 1999 comment she made about "dabbling" in witchcraft when she was in high school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Shadow

Grove City, OH

#1 Sep 20, 2010
And this should matter why?
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#2 Sep 20, 2010
She is a hardcore fundie now. And even though Christianity is a cross between Judaism and Paganism Fundies hate Pagans.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#3 Sep 20, 2010
I have not been able to find the context of the show or the discussion they were having from which that clip & O'Donnell's comments were a part of. But I have a feeling it was one of those "oh I used to know some scary bad Satanists personally and almost fell into the darkside myself" set-ups so that the fundy Christian can then proceed with bashing them with apparent credence & experience.

Does anybody know for certain the larger context of the discussion on Politically Incorrect those comments sprang from

Quintessence 8

“A Picture of My Brother”

Since: Jul 10

Aborted by Domestic Violence

#4 Sep 20, 2010
This other one escaped the Cauldron also. What is the world coming to?

http://vimeo.com/9367394
Notmammal

Fremont, CA

#5 Sep 20, 2010
Leftists and other deviants in America are incensed about any repenter of dope induced evil just as they are concerned about interruptions in their preferred services of pimping young girls on CraigsList. Depravity to those running Democrat attempts at election is a Magic the Gathering game.
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#6 Sep 20, 2010
"Does anybody know for certain the larger context of the discussion on Politically Incorrect those comments sprang from"

&fe ature=player_embedded

"Leftists and other deviants in America are incensed about any repenter of dope induced evil just as they are concerned about interruptions in their preferred services of pimping young girls on CraigsList. Depravity to those running Democrat attempts at election is a Magic the Gathering game."

After all of the burning, looting, raping and molesting you Christians have done, it's now the secular leftists that are deviant?

Quintessence 8

“A Picture of My Brother”

Since: Jul 10

Aborted by Domestic Violence

#7 Sep 20, 2010
I was wondering if Christine O'Donnel knew what she was talking about when she mentioned satanic altar in her witch comment. Here is something from Princess Annikki that kind of links Witchcraft with satanism:

&fe ature=related

“Keeping my fingers crossed ...”

Since: Aug 07

Life's enduring gifts

#8 Sep 20, 2010
Geez, Quin, you weren't kidding when you said were over here.
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#9 Sep 20, 2010
Princess Annikki is cute as a button.
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#10 Sep 20, 2010
Heres a better video of the charismatic cultist.

&fe ature=fvwk
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#11 Sep 20, 2010
Oh and another.
&fe ature=player_embedded
Obama Truther

Rochester, MN

#12 Sep 20, 2010
The great Obama Dabbled in Cocaine!!!

Teenage witchcraft play is nothing.

Go Delaware and "Christine O'Donnell"

Take back your State
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#13 Sep 20, 2010
This woman is not married and has no kids. And she is fairly good looking. Do we really believe that she hasn't had sex since she started practicing charismania?

Check out her religious views on the wikipedia link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_O%27Do...

I wouldn't mind trying my oral tricks on her (even though I would never be serious about her). After wards she could just repent and weep to Jesus for being so promiscuous.
Earth Child

Medina, OH

#15 Sep 21, 2010
I think Christine O'Donnell was using witchcraft as a tool for comedy on the show and people took the whole thing out of context because it was witchcraft.

Moon

#16 Sep 21, 2010
custodialdadowes20000 wrote:
"Does anybody know for certain the larger context of the discussion on Politically Incorrect those comments sprang from"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5iWRw3oZdg4XX&feature=pla yer_embedded
"Leftists and other deviants in America are incensed about any repenter of dope induced evil just as they are concerned about interruptions in their preferred services of pimping young girls on CraigsList. Depravity to those running Democrat attempts at election is a Magic the Gathering game."
After all of the burning, looting, raping and molesting you Christians have done, it's now the secular leftists that are deviant?
Watched the clip again, and I still am not catching where Maher explains the context of the clip he showed. Were they discussing Paganism or Satansim from the time which the clip originated? What promoted O'Donnal to say that.

Thanks anyway, but re-watching it doesn't reveal anything.
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#17 Sep 21, 2010
I think I saw a larger clip of the show some where. They weren't discussing paganism. It looked like she just threw it out there to be exciting. And it looks like she just hodge podged satanism in with paganism like she thinks the two are one in the same.

Moon

#18 Sep 21, 2010
custodialdadowes20000 wrote:
I think I saw a larger clip of the show some where. They weren't discussing paganism. It looked like she just threw it out there to be exciting. And it looks like she just hodge podged satanism in with paganism like she thinks the two are one in the same.
Thanks!
Stepson of Thor

Medina, OH

#19 Sep 22, 2010
So now the Tea Party has a dilemma:

They can either take the high road and admit that Wicca is a respectable, benevolent religion that has been unfairly maligned for centuries, or they can cave in to their knee-jerk godaholic constituency and say that the evil, baby-burning cat-mutilating satan-worshipping witch needs to be removed from the ballot and burned at the stake. Any guesses what Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh and Mitch McConnel will recommend?
Stepson of Thor

Medina, OH

#20 Sep 22, 2010
Obama Truther wrote:
The great Obama Dabbled in Cocaine!!!
Teenage witchcraft play is nothing.
Go Delaware and "Christine O'Donnell"
Take back your State
Yeah, take back your state to the sixteenth century, when anyone accused of witchcraft could be burned at the stake! Let's elect a minimally educated fundie bimbo who thinks the universe was poofed into existence 6,000 years ago!! Way to go Tea Partisans!!!
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#21 Sep 22, 2010
Stepson of Thor,

After the Christians fused Paganism and Judaism in to a new religion, they became very hateful of both Jews and Pagans. They retranslated the Torah to point towards Jesus being the messiah. Any Jew will tell you not to buy a Torah in a Christian book store because they are not the same. In the new testament the writer who said Jesus cursed the fig tree was using it as a symbol of Judaism and he was being portrayed as cursing the rabbis.

Many right wing fundie Christians are not nearly as antisemite as they were in the past. But they still believe that Jews and Judaism were responsible for their messiahs death. The early Christian evangelists designed it this way so that no one would decide that Judaism was more legitimate than Christianity and decide to leave the church for Judaism. They purposely tried to invalidate the Jewish faith.

I just have to say that even though Many right wing fundies have progressed past hating Jews, do not cross your fingers in hoping for a time when Christians respect Pagans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr yehoshooah adam 256,371
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 14 Einstein Nukes 16
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Dec 29 Sugar plum 50
News Who the Crusaders Are in 2016 Dec 28 Playa 7
confusion 3 Dec 26 taylor810 1
confusion Dec 26 taylor810 2
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 26 Eagle 12 4,912
More from around the web