Bibles handed out at school; mom upset

Dec 21, 2011 Full story: Kypost.Com 31

A North Carolina mother is unhappy that her son came home from his fifth-grade class with a Bible.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“WOOH!!”

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#1 Dec 22, 2011
Religious organizations should not be allowed to evangelize in a public school. Period, end of story.

Now if the Bible was material being used for a curriculum on World Religions or the Bible as literature, that's another story. But at the fifth grade level, I highly doubt that would be the case.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#2 Dec 22, 2011
It was a good thing!

“WOOH!!”

Vallejo, CA

#3 Dec 29, 2011
Jumper wrote:
It was a good thing!
Religious indoctrination in public schools, ESPECIALLY without the knowledge and consent of the parents, is never a good thing. Regardless of what religion is being marketed.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#4 Dec 29, 2011
NiftyWitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious indoctrination in public schools, ESPECIALLY without the knowledge and consent of the parents, is never a good thing. Regardless of what religion is being marketed.
It's an issue that the parents of the child should decide.
But the main topic here is,are you a woman? I'm damm lonely.

“WOOH!!”

Vallejo, CA

#5 Dec 31, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>It's an issue that the parents of the child should decide.
But the main topic here is,are you a woman? I'm damm lonely.
Exactly... the parents should decide what religious teachings their child will receive, if any. It's not the place of strangers to sneak in whatever they want.

As for your other comment, I'm not available.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#6 Dec 31, 2011
NiftyWitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... the parents should decide what religious teachings their child will receive, if any. It's not the place of strangers to sneak in whatever they want.
As for your other comment, I'm not available.
The parents are really the first guide to teach a child right from wrong.If they take an 'aditude' with them into the world with others,the parents can't deny it was their fault.

Could you be available if I were to ask you nicely?
Sir Patrick

Mars Hill, NC

#7 Aug 2, 2013
hahahaha...any way you two, where is the father..?

I remember prayer before class, the pledge of allegiance to start. It never hurt me...

Sad to say, a lot of great things have gone.

I hope your two are blessed.:)

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#8 Aug 3, 2013
I wonder how this school would feel if some one were to hand out.. oh say the koran or perhaps The Bhagavad Gita.. Just wondering.....
C Shine

Fletcher, NC

#10 Aug 5, 2013
Sir Patrick wrote:
hahahaha...any way you two, where is the father..?
I remember prayer before class, the pledge of allegiance to start. It never hurt me...
Sad to say, a lot of great things have gone.
I hope your two are blessed.:)
Why would you think there is not a father?
Oh Brother

Wichita Falls, TX

#11 Aug 5, 2013
Poor lost stupid pagans. God is so going to punish all of you lost souls. I feel sorry for all of you.

Jonesboro AR

#12 Aug 6, 2013
So much for a god of love.. believe or burn..
Got it....
Oh Brother

Wichita Falls, TX

#13 Aug 6, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
So much for a god of love.. believe or burn..
Got it....
Cry me a river. It's YOUR choice. We don't believe in a literal lake of fire. Hell will be your own sad worst nightmare. You choose. Seems fair to me.

Jonesboro AR

#14 Aug 6, 2013
Great god of love you have there, pal.
You can keep your religion and your god.

The whole believe or burn, go to some sort of hell. All for not believing. It negates that whole jesus loves you spiel.
C Shine

Fletcher, NC

#15 Aug 6, 2013
Oh Brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Cry me a river. It's YOUR choice. We don't believe in a literal lake of fire. Hell will be your own sad worst nightmare. You choose. Seems fair to me.
You have mental issues if you think it is fair for people to suffer in some way cause they have not been indoctrinated like you have been. You don't sound like a spiritual leader or counselor, you sound like a miserable, jealous person who resents their own faith. Why don't you concern yourself with the people in your religion who cause actual harm to others rather than people outside your religion who don't.
C Shine

Fletcher, NC

#16 Aug 6, 2013
Oops, I forgot, I think you're that troll that just pretends to be Christian to give it a bad name and drive people away. My bad.
Crolath

Redding, CA

#17 Aug 6, 2013
Oh Brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you and your friends going to be in "heaven?" Because my worst nightmare is being surrounded by people like you.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#20 Aug 8, 2013
Lol, I don't have neighbors, and you just revealed your own demons. I am not intimated by you, you will just end up rightly in behind bars or worse if this woman you think you'll march up to in your sick fantasy to 'put in her place' can defend herself.

And you're not a Christian anyway. You're just an a$$hole.
Oh Brother

Wichita Falls, TX

#21 Aug 8, 2013
CShine wrote:
Lol, I don't have neighbors, and you just revealed your own demons. I am not intimated by you, you will just end up rightly in behind bars or worse if this woman you think you'll march up to in your sick fantasy to 'put in her place' can defend herself.

And you're not a Christian anyway. You're just an a$$hole.
Oh I'm really impressed. I love how pagans judge people they disagree with, so revealing. I am a a$$hole and you are stupid and sad. I can ask forgiveness, you can only remain stupid and sad until you die and begin your personal Hell. Tell you what, wear a dress and convert back into a real woman for a little while. You might like it.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#22 Aug 9, 2013
Yup, out in the real world, if one is a threatening bully, they get called on it.

Jonesboro AR

#23 Aug 9, 2013
CShine wrote:
Yup, out in the real world, if one is a threatening bully, they get called on it.
Something that this troll is going to realize is a reality..
Even for him/her/it/whatever....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 hr El Cid 202,118
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
•••

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE