..."spirit guide"/"daemon"/"bond"... ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#21 Jul 25, 2010
wulf wrote:
The government has looked into telepathy In the form of remote viewing. There are other circumstances of pyschic and supernatural phenomenon. Who's to say that animal spirits, and communicating with them..Isn't possible.
I invite you to step out of your box, and look into things, as unbiased, and with an open mind. If you don't feel comfortable enough to do so..then..State your opinions in a polite way. I'm all for discussion and the sharing of opinions, in a polite and informed Manner.
Good response Wulf but I don't think this person is interested in intelligent conversation.
The Voice of Mike

Sunnyside, WA

#22 Jul 26, 2010
The Voice of Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me your "research" on telepathy with animal familiars.
albion wrote:
<quoted text>Research? I dont deal in that I deal in experience,
NM Rat was the one who suggested I do some "research," yet he or she doesn't seem to be too willing to share any of her or his research with me, or even point me in the right direction for doing my own. I wonder why that is.

You guys always want the christers to prove what -they- say is true; why shouldn't you new agers? Doesn't that sound fair?
albion wrote:
<quoted text> I have had periods of time in my life when I could achieve that with both familiars and persons who were very close and special to me.
I have no proof (apart from the persons involved asking me questions that logically I wouldnt know the answers to...but did!).
I cant prove these things to you so if you choose to disbelieve me or hold me to ridicule then so be it, but I do know people who are far more able than I in these things and have witnessed the evidence.
And I know of fundie christers who swore that they saw the instantaneous results of their faith-healers making someone's amputated leg-stump grow two inches. Yet they, like you new-agers, refuse to offer up any proof.
albion wrote:
<quoted text>Do you seriously think that this is a forum full of liars who just sit here awaiting trolls and doubters to happen along?
No; I think you, like the fundie christians, are desperate to believe in something that's looking out for you, and you'll even reinforce each other with nonsense just to feel good about it.
The Voice of Mike

Sunnyside, WA

#23 Jul 26, 2010
The Gnome wrote:
Don't bother to respond to mike.It is clear that he is only here for his own amusement and need to feel superior to others. Don't feed him. Let him be and he'll go back under his bridge.
This from someone who thinks that reality--cold, hard facts and reality--is as malleable as playdough.

“A different view”

Since: Sep 08

West Riding

#24 Jul 26, 2010
The Voice of Mike wrote:
The Voice of Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me your "research" on telepathy with animal familiars.
<quoted text>
NM Rat was the one who suggested I do some "research," yet he or she doesn't seem to be too willing to share any of her or his research with me, or even point me in the right direction for doing my own. I wonder why that is.
You guys always want the christers to prove what -they- say is true; why shouldn't you new agers? Doesn't that sound fair?
<quoted text>
And I know of fundie christers who swore that they saw the instantaneous results of their faith-healers making someone's amputated leg-stump grow two inches. Yet they, like you new-agers, refuse to offer up any proof.
<quoted text>
No; I think you, like the fundie christians, are desperate to believe in something that's looking out for you, and you'll even reinforce each other with nonsense just to feel good about it.
So if you dont believe anything here (and your assumptions about some of the posters here are way off the mark),
Why are you here? nobody can give you satisfactory answers,you appear to have preconceived ideas,nobody here will change their spiritual path because of you (probably quite the opposite)so what is the point other than provocation? Does the hand ringing glee you get from winding people up prove to be the only way you can get an erection? Just what is it that you hope to achieve? It must be something that affects you because you wont make any difference here to any of the regular contributors, we see it month after month, once you have tired of it it will be some other saddo, why not take a good look at yourself and see how you can better your own life instead of just being a pest to others who are doing you no harm.
The Voice of Mike

Sunnyside, WA

#25 Jul 26, 2010
wulf wrote:
The government has looked into telepathy In the form of remote viewing.
I'm familiar with the experiments conducted by parts of the old Soviet government. Those were all sunk by the great psychic scambuster James Randi. As for the CIA, they don't talk about it.
wulf wrote:
There are other circumstances of pyschic and supernatural phenomenon.
James Randi has a standing challenge--an offer of -one million dollars-- to anyone who can demonstrate scientifically verifiable examples of ESP or other psychic phenomena. Not even that blowhard Sylvia Browne has dared to take him up on it.
wulf wrote:
Who's to say that animal spirits, and communicating with them..Isn't possible.
Stating it as a possiblity is one thing; stating it as a fact is something else.
wulf wrote:
I invite you to step out of your box, and look into things, as unbiased, and with an open mind.
Wow! That's exactly what the fundie christians tell me! And then I shoot 'em down with their own bible, and then they get all mad at me and they tell me I'm goin' to hell in a handbasket for not believing them.

I always do look at things in an unbiased manner, yet I am always skeptical; that's what keeps me from falling for any new fad that comes along, whether it's christian or new-age. Give me a reason not to be skeptical. And don't try to tell me that skepticism is equal to closed-mindedness, because it isn't. Skepticism means doubtful or dubious to begin with, but always willing to examine the evidence...if there is any.
wulf wrote:
If you don't feel comfortable enough to do so..then..State your opinions in a polite way. I'm all for discussion and the sharing of opinions, in a polite and informed Manner.
I believe in stating -and challenging- opinions; it's an intellectual process. Agreeing with everyone and everything merely for the sake of avoiding argument (debate) or wounded feelings serves no one.
The Voice of Mike

Sunnyside, WA

#26 Jul 26, 2010
NM Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Good response Wulf but I don't think this person is interested in intelligent conversation.
That's because you're closed-minded, and automatically negative toward anyone who dares to challenge you.

That's very christian of you.

“A different view”

Since: Sep 08

West Riding

#27 Jul 26, 2010
The Gnome wrote:
Don't bother to respond to mike.It is clear that he is only here for his own amusement and need to feel superior to others. Don't feed him. Let him be and he'll go back under his bridge.
Too true! That is the last word that I will waste on him.
The Voice of Mike

Sunnyside, WA

#28 Jul 26, 2010
albion wrote:
<quoted text>So if you dont believe anything here (and your assumptions about some of the posters here are way off the mark),
Why are you here?
To challenge, of course. To research, and to challenge. To stimulate the ol' thought processes. What's wrong with that? Don't you like to re-examine your beliefs, to see if they're truly worth keeping or not?

What, you don't like being challenged?

That sounds very christian of you.
albion wrote:
<quoted text>....Does the hand ringing glee you get from winding people up prove to be the only way you can get an erection?
Another christian trait; projection. Interesting.(And -I'm- the one who's accused of being impolite! LOL!)

Who's here that -I- have insulted in such a manner? No one. So there's another trait you share with the fundie christians: HYPOCRISY.
albion wrote:
<quoted text>Just what is it that you hope to achieve?
What I -have- achieved; to show you that, deep down inside, you new agers are intellectually no more evolved than the fundie christians.

Toodles!
Makin Sense

Hayward, CA

#29 Jul 26, 2010
Fine, you want some cold hard facts?

First, yest you did insult people. Repeatedly. If you think not, please re-read your posts. In the future, I suggest it may be helpful to you to re-read before clicking on "post comment." If you want to have rational discussions with people, it would behoove you to avoid acting like a complete troll.

Second, regarding James Randi's offer, It is doomed to failure because one of the requirements is that the claimant has to be a public figure. That is that they have to have published a book or some such about their abilities. Real psychics strive to avoid the spotlight.

Lastly, please read up on quantum physics. Magic and telepathy are nothing more than applied quantum mechanics. Just because a science is little known and barely understood doesn't make it any less a reality. After all, in the olden days, magnetic attraction was thought to be caused by demons...

"Minds are like parachutes, they function best when open."

“Memento Mori”

Since: Jul 07

Shelby

#30 Jul 31, 2010
1.When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
2.The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
3.Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

-Arthur C. Clarke's Three rules of science.

“Just Li'l ol' me....LiLi”

Since: Jun 07

Like many others

#31 Aug 2, 2010
Nothing is impossible.....only improbable....

Not so very long ago: the world was flat, magnetic attraction was "magic" or "from the devil", such a device as the cellphone was unfathomable; if two distant people claimed to communicate with each other, it could only be through spirits or divine intervention, people thought blood was just "loose" in the body..they had no knowledge of veins and arteries, the sun circled the earth, there was a belief that if you traveled faster than 20 mph you would die, motorcars were well beyond anyone's imagination, and the list goes on and on.

Could it not be that what you call "new-agey/new ager" thoughts are things that are currently in the realm of personal experience/personal knowledge and on the verge of "scientific proof" (as so many things in the past have been)?

"Are we then to become universal sceptics, doubting everything, afraid always to put one foot before the other until we have personally tested the firmness of the road? Are we to deprive ourselves of the help and guidance of that vast body of knowledge which is daily growing upon the world, because neither we nor any other one person can possibly test a hundredth part of it by immediate experiment or observation, and because it would not be completely proved if we did? " William K. Clifford: The Ethics of Belief

“Memento Mori”

Shelby

#32 Aug 4, 2010
LiLi LaVeau wrote:
Nothing is impossible.....only improbable....
Not so very long ago: the world was flat, magnetic attraction was "magic" or "from the devil", such a device as the cellphone was unfathomable; if two distant people claimed to communicate with each other, it could only be through spirits or divine intervention, people thought blood was just "loose" in the body..they had no knowledge of veins and arteries, the sun circled the earth, there was a belief that if you traveled faster than 20 mph you would die, motorcars were well beyond anyone's imagination, and the list goes on and on.
Could it not be that what you call "new-agey/new ager" thoughts are things that are currently in the realm of personal experience/personal knowledge and on the verge of "scientific proof" (as so many things in the past have been)?
"Are we then to become universal sceptics, doubting everything, afraid always to put one foot before the other until we have personally tested the firmness of the road? Are we to deprive ourselves of the help and guidance of that vast body of knowledge which is daily growing upon the world, because neither we nor any other one person can possibly test a hundredth part of it by immediate experiment or observation, and because it would not be completely proved if we did? " William K. Clifford: The Ethics of Belief
I find that incredibly awesome.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#33 Aug 5, 2010
wulf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Nice quote at the end, there.

“Memento Mori”

Shelby

#34 Aug 5, 2010
If anyone has contacts, or knowledge of what visuals possibly mean, of certain animals in dreams or in "true life" It'd be much appreciated
Makin Sense

Santa Clara, CA

#35 Aug 5, 2010
wulf wrote:
If anyone has contacts, or knowledge of what visuals possibly mean, of certain animals in dreams or in "true life" It'd be much appreciated
I like the book "Animal-Speak" by Ted Andrews.

Like many others

#36 Aug 8, 2010
wulf wrote:
As Makin' Sense said....Ted Andrews "Animal Speak" is a good starting point. I do refer to him from time to time.

May I ask what kind of animals?

Like many others

#37 Aug 8, 2010
CShine wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Nice quote at the end, there.
Wulf wrote:
<quoted text>
<curtsey> Thank you.
Xena

Bristol, VA

#38 Jan 7, 2013
Yes this is compleatly normal i have a daemon called onyx she is a chinchilla

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Joel 252,826
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Thinking 4,482
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Sat yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web