PRAVDA: Global Warming, Tool of the West

Jan 6, 2013 Full story: Free Republic 26

For years, the Elites of the West have cranked up the myth of Man Made Global Warming as a means first and foremost to control the lives and behaviors of their populations.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Russia loves global warming.

They get the Arctic gas.

Siberia warms up.

The USA turns into a dust bowl.
PHD

Overton, TX

#2 Jan 7, 2013
It's all about the money. They really really don't know.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jan 7, 2013
It's always been about the money. If money can fix it, it's not the climate that is broken.

The article is not far off the mark. If you haven't noticed our country is in a lot of debt and spending like the credit card has no limit. It cannot continue for very long. We are going to hit the wall at some point and the resulting economic downturn will have real consequences.

It is hard to believe that the 'powers that be' do not know this. Creating a human induced strawman to take the hit is a time old tradition.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#4 Jan 7, 2013
[QUOTE who="fun farts"The article is not far off the mark.[/QUOTE]

"fun farts" likes warmed up, cold war mentality from Pravda, still at its marxist joking best.
//////////
......they used this "science" as a new pagan religion to further push out the Christianity they hate and despise......
//////////
I do love atheistic Pravda propaganda, appearing to ride forth on an old soviet warhorse, against AGW to save Christianity.
George Carlin would have been jealous to have had that line!

"the green troll"

#5 Jan 7, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
The article is not far off the mark.
The usual denialist crap as an excuse for pursuing wealth at the expense of future generations, authoritarians finding pleasant bedfellows in the Libertarians.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#6 Jan 7, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
.....authoritarians finding pleasant bedfellows in the Libertarians.
....libertarians are lazy re-pubic-lick-uns & have a philosophy to recline by. The problem is a re-pubic-lick-un want to lick its own pubic, instead of a libertarian pubic.

Since: Apr 10

Milwaukee, WI USA

#7 Jan 8, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
The USA turns into a dust bowl.
Precipitation is up over the last century in the USA:
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/...
And:
http://climvis.ncdc.noaa.gov/tmp/graph-Jan806...
PHD

Overton, TX

#8 Jan 8, 2013
pinheadlitesout wrote:
<quoted text>
I a....libertarian are a lazy re-pubic-lick-uns &I have a philosophy to recline by. The problem is I a re-pubic-lick-un want to lick MY own pubic, instead of a libertarian BUTT.
Yes we suspected that much from you.

"the green troll"

#9 Jan 8, 2013
Steve Case wrote:
<quoted text>
Precipitation is up over the last century in the USA:
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/...
And:
http://climvis.ncdc.noaa.gov/tmp/graph-Jan806...
Not much good if it all falls in winter and the snowpack has gone in the summer.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Jan 8, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much good if it all falls in winter and the snowpack has gone in the summer.
With an annual average precipitation of only 8", our water supply comes mostly from snowpack.

Milwaukee, WI USA

#11 Jan 8, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the Climate at a Glance Chart for Summer 1895 - 2012
http://climvis.ncdc.noaa.gov/tmp/graph-Jan810...

"the green troll"

#12 Jan 8, 2013
Western states that rely on snowpack for their water supplies are going to face a challenging future because of climate change, a senior Department of Interior official warned a Senate subcommittee Thursday.

“Warming and associated loss of snowpack will persist over much of the western United States,” Assistant DOI secretary Anne Castle said in her written testimony to the water and power subcommittee of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. A recent Bureau of Reclamation report, Castle said, has concluded that “this loss of snowpack storage is expected to result in a decrease in the amount of reliable water supply in areas where snow has been a major component of the hydrologic system.”

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2011/12/09/3...

"the green troll"

#13 Jan 8, 2013
In a worst case, Chu said, up to 90% of the Sierra snowpack could disappear, all but eliminating a natural storage system for water vital to agriculture.

"I don't think the American public has gripped in its gut what could happen," he said. "We're looking at a scenario where there's no more agriculture in California." And, he added, "I don't actually see how they can keep their cities going" either.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/04/local...
PHD

Overton, TX

#14 Jan 8, 2013
So they really really don't know. Just follow the money.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#15 Jan 8, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
In a worst case, Chu said, up to 90% of the Sierra snowpack could disappear, all but eliminating a natural storage system for water vital to agriculture.
"I don't think the American public has gripped in its gut what could happen," he said. "We're looking at a scenario where there's no more agriculture in California." And, he added, "I don't actually see how they can keep their cities going" either.
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/04/local...
Yeah, we know. At least the thinking people know. California will go back to being a desert. But that's what it is without human intervention. Without the man made water sources California would look like most of Nevada.

I lived most of my life in the southwest, we don't take water for granted.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#16 Jan 8, 2013
'fun farts' wrote:
With an annual average precipitation of only 8", our water supply comes mostly from snowpack.
//////////
Fair Game wrote:
//////////
Fair Game continues:
Western states that rely on snowpack for their water supplies are going to face a challenging future because of climate change.......
//////////
litesong wrote:
Our water sources are plentiful here in the Pacific Northwest & annual precipitations have held steady. However, our monthly precipitations, like many lesser watered regions in the world, have become more variable. Tho we have slightly more rains & snow pack in the winter, the recent decade has seen less summer & early autumn rains, sometimes dramatically lesser rains. Our snow packs melt far more readily, too, as our glaciers reduce in size. Rivers are increasingly looking like streams in late summer & early fall.

In 2009 when Seattle set its highest temperature of 103degF(inland from the Salish Sea, 111degF), the Pacific Northwest had a nearly rainless 5.5 months in summer & fall. In 2012, western Washington had 3 months of no rain, eastern Washington had 4 months of no rain & one of its worst extended fire seasons.
PHD

Overton, TX

#17 Jan 8, 2013
pinheadlitesout wrote:Our water sources are plentiful here in the Pacific Northwest & annual precipitations have held steady. However, our monthly precipitations, like many lesser watered regions in the world, have become more variable.

So "pinheadlitesout" do you have plentiful water sources or are they variable? You really really don't know do you?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#18 Jan 8, 2013
phud feces faces wrote:
So "litesong" do you have plentiful water sources or are they variable?
"phud feces faces" asks a question that I already answered, showing "phud feces faces" have no PhD. "phud feces faces" can't see answers, due(not 'do', like it wrote) to feces covering its eyeballs.

Milwaukee, WI USA

#19 Jan 8, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
In a worst case, Chu said, up to 90% of the Sierra snowpack could disappear
And the moon COULD abe made of green cheese
Fair Game wrote:
all but eliminating a natural storage system for water vital to agriculture.
I saw a report on the newws just the other day that the snowpack is just fine.
Fair Game wrote:
"I don't think the American public has gripped in its gut what could happen," he said.
A lot of people, not just Americans have come to grops with the notion that Dr. Chu COULD be lying.
Fair Game wrote:
"We're looking at a scenario where there's no more agriculture in California."
While he's looking maybe he can search for the philosopher's stone too.
Fair Game wrote:
And, he added, "I don't actually see how they can keep their cities going" either.
Good thing he's not in charge of them
SpaceBlues

Magnolia, TX

#20 Jan 8, 2013
A pointed post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 26 min Truth is Truth 211,942
Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb 19 Hammer 4
'Monotheism inevitable but wasn't a break with ... Feb 12 Joe W 9
A new guard for Asgard: Iceland building first ... Feb 3 freethinkradio do... 1
Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, Bible says ... (Jun '08) Jan '15 true fact 81
"Juggalos" Speak Out After Arson Arrests (Sep '07) Jan '15 Hillbilly 49
My friendly neighbourhood witches (Jul '08) Jan '15 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 454
More from around the web