Should You Mix or Match Wiccan Pantheons

Should You Mix or Match Wiccan Pantheons

There are 1 comment on the BellaOnline story from Dec 28, 2013, titled Should You Mix or Match Wiccan Pantheons. In it, BellaOnline reports that:

Should you mix or match Wiccan pantheons during worship and in symbolic representation on your altar? This is a complicated question that delves at the heart of how you see the God and Goddess.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BellaOnline.

Pitch313

Redmond, OR

#1 Dec 29, 2013
My experience has been that a meta-pantheon emerges out of the accumulating results of magical practice, and that this pantheon is mixed in regard to its sources. A Deity, Guardian, Power, or figure from one source (historical culture, stream of occulture, line of magical teaching, revelation, etc.) stands alongside others from other sources.

My own meta-pantheon includes Deities like Freya, Odin, Kali, The Morrigan, Hi'iaka, Ganesa, Raven, and Coyote--as well as figures like Morgan Le Fay, The Green Knight, The Classical Muses, Devil Duck, Cthulhu, totemic Redwoods, Squat of Parking, and Wile E. Coyote.

I'd say that magical practice takes the practitioner into experiential polytheism. But I admit that, so far as I can recall, I was a polytheist before I started any practice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jun 24 John 4,952
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) May '17 yehoshooah adam 256,358
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May '17 John 14,736
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) May '17 Tete Rouge 119
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr '17 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr '17 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
More from around the web