First Prev
of 6
Next Last
kaowulf

Denver, CO

#1 Aug 13, 2008
My girlfriend wanted to know what omen would come from seeing a dead dog on the side of the road may mean. Is there anyone who might know of any? if so please reply. thanx Kaowulf
C Shine

Greensboro, NC

#2 Aug 13, 2008
Was she asking for an omen at that particular moment? Unfortunatly, this happens a lot. Otherwise, it would mean much the same as the death tarot card. The death of something (i.e disconnection, change of form...)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 14, 2008
The symbol of death is the symbol of change. But if she wasn't asking for an omen, it is mostly likely an omen of someone who doesn't brake for animals.
Andromedust

AOL

#5 Aug 14, 2008
Jack Webb wrote:
Birds are known to die close to where a murdered
child is buried.
That is a really creepy thing to say. I don't care if that really is some sort of folk bullshit or not.

“living is learning”

Since: Sep 07

Nanaimo BC

#6 Aug 14, 2008
Andromedust wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a really creepy thing to say. I don't care if that really is some sort of folk bullshit or not.
Agreed.
Speaking of birds though. a sparrow flew into the windshield of my friend's car when she drove me to my wedding. It was not a good marriage.
Tree Pruitt

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Aug 15, 2008
That's what I would call a "temporary totem" or an animal messenger, which is an animal that serves the role of delivering a message, rather than being an "omen". When an animal, dead or living, catches your attention in some way it often holds meaning for the person who saw the creature. Dogs deal with loyalty, faithfulness, service, friendship, and other descriptives. I would take a guess that there's an area of your girlfriends life where she either has, or needs to, allow some aspect of herself to "die" out. Perhaps she's too loyal to a crappy job and needs to move on. Maybe it's time to end a damaging friendship or she is about to be blind sided by a big change in a relationship (if the dog seemed to have been hit by a car). Compare the aspects of the experience against what it might mean within her life. Dogs get hit all the time; why did THIS dog stand out in her mind??? Her subconscious will know, but may just need a kick to get things moving in the direction of right action.
Andromedust

AOL

#8 Aug 15, 2008
Tree Pruitt wrote:
That's what I would call a "temporary totem" or an animal messenger, which is an animal that serves the role of delivering a message, rather than being an "omen". When an animal, dead or living, catches your attention in some way it often holds meaning for the person who saw the creature. Dogs deal with loyalty, faithfulness, service, friendship, and other descriptives. I would take a guess that there's an area of your girlfriends life where she either has, or needs to, allow some aspect of herself to "die" out. Perhaps she's too loyal to a crappy job and needs to move on. Maybe it's time to end a damaging friendship or she is about to be blind sided by a big change in a relationship (if the dog seemed to have been hit by a car). Compare the aspects of the experience against what it might mean within her life. Dogs get hit all the time; why did THIS dog stand out in her mind??? Her subconscious will know, but may just need a kick to get things moving in the direction of right action.
So it's more like dream interpretation then. A person has to figure out what the symbols mean to him in particular. An ostrich screwing a duck is going to have different meaning to me as it will to you, depending on how we each feel about ostriches and ducks.
Andromedust

AOL

#9 Aug 15, 2008
bondgrrl27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Speaking of birds though. a sparrow flew into the windshield of my friend's car when she drove me to my wedding. It was not a good marriage.
Sounds like your marriage wasn't a very good omen for the sparrow either.

“living is learning”

Nanaimo BC

#10 Aug 16, 2008
Tree Pruitt wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree. Many people tend to ask the wrong questions, or rather seek the answers from others, when all that information is stored right inside. What you have described is intuitive analysis, which is a very useful tool. Whether you are analyzing a dream (as Andromodust pointed out), reading tarot, communicating with an animal spirit, or simply meditating, you find the answers in your own subconscious. Some symbols are archetypal in nature, and we can use that universal knowledge to a certain point, but as we all have different life experiences, some things will indeed have different meanings to us each.

“living is learning”

Nanaimo BC

#11 Aug 16, 2008
Andromedust wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your marriage wasn't a very good omen for the sparrow either.
LOL! I like your humour. When do you fly my way? ;)
Andromedust

AOL

#12 Aug 16, 2008
Good question... i'm laid off till Sep. we don't go to Canada to often... but sometimes.

“Discover the magic within!”

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Oct 12, 2008
Andromedust wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's more like dream interpretation then. A person has to figure out what the symbols mean to him in particular. An ostrich screwing a duck is going to have different meaning to me as it will to you, depending on how we each feel about ostriches and ducks.
Sure, it is akin to interpreting a dream, and as in dream interpretation there are archetypal symbols, or what are like main attributes, that each symbol may hold; for example the dog being a symbol of loyalty, or donkey and elephant being symbols of American political parties. The dog may be "loyalty" but how it is being expressed in a particular individual life will cause an exact meaning to vary; towards the good or bad side of an interpretation.
In regards to an ostrich screwing a duck -- I believe that only in USA government do different species of animals screw eachother! ;) LOL!

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Oct 12, 2008
bondgrrl27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wholeheartedly agree. Many people tend to ask the wrong questions, or rather seek the answers from others, when all that information is stored right inside. What you have described is intuitive analysis, which is a very useful tool. Whether you are analyzing a dream (as Andromodust pointed out), reading tarot, communicating with an animal spirit, or simply meditating, you find the answers in your own subconscious. Some symbols are archetypal in nature, and we can use that universal knowledge to a certain point, but as we all have different life experiences, some things will indeed have different meanings to us each.
Well said! If someone is still wondering what we mean then think of this... two names that most people should know, Carl Jung and the fictional Sherlock Holmes both famously used intuitive and interpretive analysis. Jung used clues from inside our psyche and Holmes used clues from the external environment; know or resource the basic meaning then interpret the overall effect based upon what can be observed.
An other matter ... is is random chance or Divine Intervention that put the girl in the car at the right time to see the dead dog on the road? That is totally up to the individual person, because the method works either way; you don't have to be a shrink or a witch, just be aware.

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Oct 12, 2008
A question regarding dead birds and children...and I am serious and do want some advice. Two finches died in the care of a young girl, aged between 10 and 13. They died at separate times, and not at all through neglect or illness. These birds had been nestmates, reared together, and died two years apart.

Would previous miscarriages in the house have affected their demises, and would the demise of a third finch, who was raised with one of the original "widowed" birds, be considered a bad omen for other children in the home? All the finches were female, if that matters at all.

“WOOH!!”

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#16 Oct 12, 2008
JaneKrahe wrote:
The symbol of death is the symbol of change. But if she wasn't asking for an omen, it is mostly likely an omen of someone who doesn't brake for animals.
Or a sign of slow dogs.

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Oct 12, 2008
The Real Lori wrote:
A question regarding dead birds and children...and I am serious and do want some advice. Two finches died in the care of a young girl, aged between 10 and 13. They died at separate times, and not at all through neglect or illness. These birds had been nestmates, reared together, and died two years apart.
Would previous miscarriages in the house have affected their demises, and would the demise of a third finch, who was raised with one of the original "widowed" birds, be considered a bad omen for other children in the home? All the finches were female, if that matters at all.
First, and right away, have the air quality tested where the birds are kept. This is a different type of situation than an omen, I think. Have other species of pets died in the house too? Look to the time of year the birds died and where the cage is placed to be very sure there is not anything that could also make the children sick, as finch are very susceptible to environmental risks. Then, again before reaching to a super or ultra-natural explanation it might be a good idea to be sure there are no persons in the house who would wish the birds harm; either through dislike or jealousy. This is not a typical totem or animal omen situation. What it means is that there is some sort of problem somewhere, and I sure do wish everyone involved good luck.

Location hidden

#18 Oct 13, 2008
Artist Tree wrote:
<quoted text>
First, and right away, have the air quality tested where the birds are kept. This is a different type of situation than an omen, I think. Have other species of pets died in the house too? Look to the time of year the birds died and where the cage is placed to be very sure there is not anything that could also make the children sick, as finch are very susceptible to environmental risks. Then, again before reaching to a super or ultra-natural explanation it might be a good idea to be sure there are no persons in the house who would wish the birds harm; either through dislike or jealousy. This is not a typical totem or animal omen situation. What it means is that there is some sort of problem somewhere, and I sure do wish everyone involved good luck.
That gets done yearly, with perfect results every time. It was in two different locations, the birdies were well loved, and the one bought as a companion to the "widow" is still alive and well. She is a beloved pet by everyone in the house. If ever a bird could be spoiled...she is! The three cats and fish in the house are all hale and healthy, and have never had access to the cage...the deceased birds were found in the morning after a night in a closed, well ventilated room each time. They sleep in the same room as the girl who cared for them, as does the last surviving bird. The vet had no clue, but after the different stories I heard about omens and all, I couldn't help but be curious.

Too bad for the birds...the kid was upset, but I am sure sometimes a dead bird is just a dead bird, right?

“GO TOPLESS!!”

United States

#19 Oct 13, 2008
Andromedust wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you... for that mental image.

Thank the Gods I didn't have a mouth full of coffee!:)

“GO TOPLESS!!”

United States

#20 Oct 13, 2008
The Real Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
That gets done yearly, with perfect results every time. It was in two different locations, the birdies were well loved, and the one bought as a companion to the "widow" is still alive and well. She is a beloved pet by everyone in the house. If ever a bird could be spoiled...she is! The three cats and fish in the house are all hale and healthy, and have never had access to the cage...the deceased birds were found in the morning after a night in a closed, well ventilated room each time. They sleep in the same room as the girl who cared for them, as does the last surviving bird. The vet had no clue, but after the different stories I heard about omens and all, I couldn't help but be curious.
Too bad for the birds...the kid was upset, but I am sure sometimes a dead bird is just a dead bird, right?
Where were the birds purchased? Were they related? Could it have been a product of years of inter-breeding? I know that with dogs and cats, too much inter-breeding causes all kinds of problems. I know there are puppy mills, perhaps there are "bird-mills?" Admittedly, I know very liitle about birds.

Just a thought...

Location hidden

#21 Oct 13, 2008
Yeah, I know how it goes...they were just little zebra finches, I think they came from a shop in Florida. I looked them up online, and I guess they were just "due" to go the way all birdies eventually go. It was the omen part I was interested in. It did seem strange that there were two lost babies, close in time to the two lost birds.
I don't claim to know a lot about birds either, or omens about them...just wondering if anyone had thoughts about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 43 min JOEL 205,597
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 3 hr thetruth 14,435
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) 10 hr buckwheat 12
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) 15 hr Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov 15 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov 12 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov 11 scribbles 1

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE