Teen To Wed Schoolgirl In Pagan Ceremony

Mar 9, 2010 Full story: Wren's Nest 7

Title: TEEN TO WED SCHOOLGIRL IN PAGAN CEREMONY A teenager plans to marry a schoolgirl in a pagan ceremony next month with the bride's mother officiating.

Full Story
boxie

Black Mountain, NC

#1 Mar 9, 2010
A year and a day.

When I was married, I would often dream of a place where marriage certificates came with an expiration date.
I had it all worked out too. It would be like drivers license, if both parties didn't sign the renewal, it would just cease to be.
Every so often, in order to keep it current, both would be required to go seperately for a personal counciling session, therefore reducing the pressure of one on the other.
After a certain number of years of consent it would then become a permanent bond requiring a divorce to break.
Ahh, well. Maybe someday.

“A different view”

Since: Sep 08

West Riding

#2 Mar 9, 2010
boxie wrote:
A year and a day.
When I was married, I would often dream of a place where marriage certificates came with an expiration date.
I had it all worked out too. It would be like drivers license, if both parties didn't sign the renewal, it would just cease to be.
Every so often, in order to keep it current, both would be required to go seperately for a personal counciling session, therefore reducing the pressure of one on the other.
After a certain number of years of consent it would then become a permanent bond requiring a divorce to break.
I have attended such events in the past, usually in my area the couple go through a civil ceremony after the "year and a day" has expired.
Although the Pagan ceremony is quite short the celebrations and feasting make it a very full day.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#3 Mar 9, 2010
I actually think this is pretty smart-even though the headline had me worried at first. How many teenagers are itching to get married young and end up divorcing in their twenties? This way, the parents give them what they want, but on a trial basis as a learning experience. If it doesn't work out there are no financial and legal ties to unbind and both kids walk away a little wiser.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#4 Mar 9, 2010
boxie wrote:
A year and a day.
Sounds good to me as long as the permenant part comes with a deliberate agreement. So it is not like a common law marriage where it just automatically happens after co-habitating for X amount of years.
boxie

Black Mountain, NC

#5 Mar 9, 2010
albion wrote:
<quoted text>I have attended such events in the past, usually in my area the couple go through a civil ceremony after the "year and a day" has expired.
Although the Pagan ceremony is quite short the celebrations and feasting make it a very full day.
I have read about them online, it sounds like a beautiful ritual.
I'm sure as the day wears on the jokes about what to use the rope for gets more creative too. lol
boxie

Black Mountain, NC

#6 Mar 9, 2010
CShine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good to me as long as the permenant part comes with a deliberate agreement. So it is not like a common law marriage where it just automatically happens after co-habitating for X amount of years.
With my mindset at that point in time, I'm sure it would have been a complicated loopty-loop to make the transition, but I don't recall what it was.
PINCH111

Plymouth, UK

#7 Jun 28, 2013
CShine wrote:
I actually think this is pretty smart-even though the headline had me worried at first. How many teenagers are itching to get married young and end up divorcing in their twenties? This way, the parents give them what they want, but on a trial basis as a learning experience. If it doesn't work out there are no financial and legal ties to unbind and both kids walk away a little wiser.
Yeah sounds good but what if they have a child during that year and a day and part,good for the child?give it some thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 36 min Shamma 207,170
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Nov 22 buckwheat 12
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov '14 scribbles 1
More from around the web