Pagans resist keeping the faith to t...

Pagans resist keeping the faith to themselves

There are 13 comments on the www.estripes.com story from Jun 8, 2007, titled Pagans resist keeping the faith to themselves. In it, www.estripes.com reports that:

They each have a story about how they found their path.

One is a former Catholic who gave the faith up at 21.

Another was raised by strict Southern Baptists.

One had parents who encouraged him to explore many faiths.

For another, a self-described hereditary witch, it’s been a family tradition.via Estripes.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.estripes.com.

Hecate23

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 8, 2007
Finally. A reasonable article about Paganism/Wicca.

" According to the American Religious Identification Survey, the number of Wiccans in the United States rose from 8,000 to 134,000 between 1990 and 2001."

That's only the ones willing to speak about it. And the ones that were available to survey.
WE ARE EVERYWHERE. And we're not going away. They're just going to have to deal with it.

“*CIN*”

Since: Jun 07

Phoenix, Arizona

#2 Jun 9, 2007
Thank you Hecate23 for saying that. There are many who are rising to speak for their beliefs now, I believe. I am helping recruit and help more timid wiccans in my community at college. We are indeed everywhere.

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Since: Jan 07

Monte Vista

#3 Jun 9, 2007
Cin_of_roses wrote:
Thank you Hecate23 for saying that. There are many who are rising to speak for their beliefs now, I believe. I am helping recruit and help more timid wiccans in my community at college. We are indeed everywhere.
The really sad part of speaking out about our beliefs is the constant need to defend ourselves. I'm not Wiccan, I'm Tianice but to most out in the "world" a witch is a witch is a witch. Sharing thoughts feelings or faiths can get bloody even in a supposedly free society.

As a recruiter, do you have any specific problems that seem to be constant?
Kara aka Sadiemoonchild

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 9, 2007
We ARE everywhere. And a blessed day it will be when we do not have to be closeted for fear of reprisal and discrimination. This is anopenminded unbiased article. Thank you. The Burning Times. NEVER AGAIN.

“sanity is curable ”

Since: Mar 07

Dayton

#5 Jun 12, 2007
and we are breeding!!!!

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Monte Vista

#6 Jun 12, 2007
Madera wrote:
and we are breeding!!!!
I AM HERE FOR YOU!!!

“sanity is curable ”

Dayton

#7 Jun 12, 2007
currently taking applications, needed male, open minded,that likes tall women, and shiny black boots...hehe

“Perceptive Reality: I AM REAL”

Tullahoma, TN

#8 Jun 12, 2007
Kcuph wrote:
<quoted text>
I AM HERE FOR YOU!!!
get a room.
better yet, a secluded grassy knoll.

“Perceptive Reality: I AM REAL”

Tullahoma, TN

#9 Jun 12, 2007
Madera wrote:
currently taking applications, needed male, open minded,that likes tall women, and shiny black boots...hehe
ooh!! ooh ooh!! pick me! pick me!!

umm....yeah

CACKLE!!

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Monte Vista

#10 Jun 12, 2007
Madera wrote:
Are whips included or should I supply my own? Cackle!

“sanity is curable ”

Dayton

#11 Jun 12, 2007
My neighbors wife is always very vocal during...well you know. So my son came and asked me the other day why the lady next door is always yelling Im coming, and when she will get there.

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Monte Vista

#12 Jun 13, 2007
Madera wrote:
My neighbors wife is always very vocal during...well you know. So my son came and asked me the other day why the lady next door is always yelling Im coming, and when she will get there.
It's so hard to understand when your young. I used to think dad was to mean to mom when they had their wrestling matches. Mom was really red when I walked in and dad counted to three and said "Pinned yah".

“sanity is curable ”

Dayton

#13 Jun 13, 2007
Kcuph wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so hard to understand when your young. I used to think dad was to mean to mom when they had their wrestling matches. Mom was really red when I walked in and dad counted to three and said "Pinned yah".
Hahaha, I was playing the piano and told my son' this is a song i played for you when you were in mama's tummy", he turned around and said, oh, that was you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 5 hr emperorjohn 4,468
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 6 hr Ismail 252,785
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) 23 hr yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web