Wicca and Greek mythology
Silent Whispers

Mullingar, Ireland

#44 Apr 29, 2010
CShine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, kinda reminds me of the blokes I tend to get cornered by in coffee shops. Pagan and Christian, they both have that zealous holier-than-thou type.
Blessings :)
Has to do with your alluring aura! Resistance is futile... hmm just got an image of CShine as Seven of Nine... could be something for those drunken orgies to the heathen gods... just saying maybe have a wee think about it and we might make a convert out of The Real Morgan!! ;)

Since: Feb 08

ANOKA, MN

#45 Apr 29, 2010
I don't think I'd want someone like TRM. That kind of rabid fanaticism isn't healthy, no matter what the subject of the fanaticism is.
Earth Child

Brunswick, OH

#46 Apr 29, 2010
I can only type of my own experience. I am a former recovering christian from the past and I found my earth based religion that I am happy with. The most wonderful fun loving people are PAGANS. We have gatherings, share information, that I have incorporated into my own beliefs by sharing. There has never been a argument among us or prejudgement of each other, unlike christian belief from biblical interpretation that I have arth childbeen to in the past part of my life. The Pagans that I have encountered throughout my life are an inspiration to me. I also know christians who are nonprejudgemental too. When there is a crisis in one of our lives the pagans are the first to jump in for help that is genuine. I am truly one blessed earth child. Thank you.
Earth Child

Brunswick, OH

#47 Apr 29, 2010
Sorry Typo
Should read "that I have been to"

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#48 Apr 30, 2010
Silent Whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Has to do with your alluring aura! Resistance is futile... hmm just got an image of CShine as Seven of Nine... could be something for those drunken orgies to the heathen gods... just saying maybe have a wee think about it and we might make a convert out of The Real Morgan!! ;)
Thanks for the compliment SW :) But... DaBroad is right, that sort of person needs some time figuring things out on their own and to learn to be part of a community (and maybe group therapy!)- not a mentor or teacher. Also, there is more risk of the obsession transfering to a person.

Moon

#49 Apr 30, 2010
Earth Child wrote:
I can only type of my own experience. I am a former recovering christian from the past and I found my earth based religion that I am happy with. The most wonderful fun loving people are PAGANS. We have gatherings, share information, that I have incorporated into my own beliefs by sharing. There has never been a argument among us or prejudgement of each other, unlike christian belief from biblical interpretation that I have arth childbeen to in the past part of my life. The Pagans that I have encountered throughout my life are an inspiration to me. I also know christians who are nonprejudgemental too. When there is a crisis in one of our lives the pagans are the first to jump in for help that is genuine. I am truly one blessed earth child. Thank you.
Thank you for sharing that. I have always counted myself blessed to not only have awesome and amazing coven members and Pagan friends in the area, but that the Christians in my life are all very tolerant and compassionate people.
Silent Whispers

Navan, Ireland

#50 Apr 30, 2010
CShine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the compliment SW :) But... DaBroad is right, that sort of person needs some time figuring things out on their own and to learn to be part of a community (and maybe group therapy!)- not a mentor or teacher. Also, there is more risk of the obsession transfering to a person.
I was just poking some light-hearted fun at the situation, not sincerely recommending that we convert this gentleman. That said DaBroad and yourself are quite right such blind obsession wouldn't be really conducive to developing one's personal relationship to the Gods.

Moon

#51 Apr 30, 2010
Silent Whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just poking some light-hearted fun at the situation, not sincerely recommending that we convert this gentleman. That said DaBroad and yourself are quite right such blind obsession wouldn't be really conducive to developing one's personal relationship to the Gods.
I should have recognized that. So hard to when in the middle of financial reports and tax forms...
bleu

United States

#52 Dec 22, 2010
How come christians think as soon as they wh out a bib verse it automatically prooves their point? >.>

“Gods Bless!”

Since: Dec 10

United States

#53 Dec 22, 2010
I once heard, "If you put 15 Wiccans in a room and asked them what they believe, you would get 20 different answers." You are free to believe or not believe anything you want. Many choose a specific diety as a patron, but I don't think this necessary. The only reason I can think of that it must be done, is if you are a member of a coven which does rituals based on a certain diety. Otherwise, don't let anyone tell you want to do and do not need to choose. You are free to make that decision. Gods bless!

“Memento Mori”

Since: Jul 07

Shelby

#54 Dec 22, 2010
As far as deities...I've had Dagda and morrigan adopt me as of late, and often bridgit. Ironically, it was the norse god tyr, and freya, that gave me my Circle names, of Noble. Gods are like teachers in life. They'll come and go as you need them. Some may stay longer, and others, may only last a few minutes. I remember one time, when I had a patient coding, and pretty muching dying on me, I called upon Charon, and Azrael, to ease their suffering, and help them over. Maybe I'm A lil odd..but..it's my opinion, that the gods come and go as they please..

Since: Jan 11

Winnipeg, Canada

#55 Jan 14, 2011
Real Morgan Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the "diety" is named Satan and he lives in a place called Hell.
Satan is a Christian Creation and you can keep him. We do not need a paranoid creation of supreme evil and eternal damnation to scare us into doing the right thing and help others. We choose to do the right thing and love our brothers and sisters because it IS the right hing and it feels good to do it.

Because witches have been persecuted for so many centuries, we believe in religious freedom first!

Blessed Be!

“A Generic User”

Since: Jan 10

Another Person on the Internet

#56 Jan 14, 2011
XMarinaX wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is a Christian Creation and you can keep him. We do not need a paranoid creation of supreme evil and eternal damnation to scare us into doing the right thing and help others. We choose to do the right thing and love our brothers and sisters because it IS the right hing and it feels good to do it.
Because witches have been persecuted for so many centuries, we believe in religious freedom first!
Blessed Be!
I'm not a Christian - I am a Troll.

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#57 Jan 14, 2011
Real Morgan Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if it isn't Real Morgan Jones. I was talking to Jesus the other day and he said he was pissed at you for impersonating a fundie. Said you need to call him right away.

Location hidden

#58 Jan 14, 2011
bleu wrote:
How come christians think as soon as they wh out a bib verse it automatically prooves their point? >.>
How about... All of them! It's like they're saying... I can prove the Bible is true... it says so in the Bible.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#59 Jan 15, 2011
Real Morgan Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be done with the gun nuts so I assume it is our turn again.

Since: Jan 11

Winnipeg, Canada

#60 Jan 15, 2011
Wow, too funny, Troll go back under your bridge.

Location hidden

#61 Jan 15, 2011
XMarinaX wrote:
Wow, too funny, Troll go back under your bridge.
Real Morgan Jones is harmless... he's actually kind of funny. Spends his time going from forum to forum taking a contrarian point of view... pretending to be a fundie on a Pagan site or an anti-gun activist on a love it or leave it site. Then he exposes himself, has a laugh on everyone he upset and runs away.

“ChristianityIs AMental Disease”

Since: May 10

And The Cure Is Education

#62 Jan 15, 2011
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Real Morgan Jones is harmless... he's actually kind of funny. Spends his time going from forum to forum taking a contrarian point of view... pretending to be a fundie on a Pagan site or an anti-gun activist on a love it or leave it site. Then he exposes himself, has a laugh on everyone he upset and runs away.
Exposes himself...like pulling down his pants? Have *you* ever tried to run with your pants down around your ankles?? It ain't easy!!

“ChristianityIs AMental Disease”

Since: May 10

And The Cure Is Education

#63 Jan 15, 2011
Kitty617 wrote:
I am 19 I have always had a close relationship with the night so to speak and the elements. I have only considered myself Wicca tho for about a year. I have been reading a book called Nocturnal Witchcraft by Konstantinos and it's pretty good but I learn better face to face.
When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

Best of luck to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 17 min JOEL GEN Y 230,564
News Pagans Out Of The 'Broom Closet' In Southwest R... (Jan '10) 2 hr indano 241
News Annual Savannah Pagan Pride Day set for Emmet Park 8 hr Pop the Weasel 1
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 13 hr JustASkeptic 14,714
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Sat thetruth 59
Doris w/ Spells4free Aug 25 Redd 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 19 Dude 12
More from around the web