David Brooks: How movements recover

Mar 18, 2013 Full story: twincities.com 12

The Roman emperor Diocletian had persecuted the Christians, and many bishops and priests had collaborated with the regime.

Full Story

Since: Aug 12

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Mar 19, 2013
Why is this under pagan/wiccan?

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#2 Mar 19, 2013
Drake_Burrwood wrote:
Why is this under pagan/wiccan?
Roboblogger posted it. It's a program and not an actual person, so it sometimes posts items in the wrong categories. It's not that smart.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#3 Mar 20, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Roboblogger posted it. It's a program and not an actual person, so it sometimes posts items in the wrong categories. It's not that smart.
Yep, and even worse, if I can't get to the post before someone comments on it, I can't remove it.

Chagrin Falls, OH

#4 Mar 20, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, and even worse, if I can't get to the post before someone comments on it, I can't remove it.
That's odd. I'm an editor in the "Gay & Lesbian" section here at Topix, and I am able to use the "kill story" link even if a story has been given comments.

I can't do editor things in here though as this isn't my topic area.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#5 Mar 21, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd. I'm an editor in the "Gay & Lesbian" section here at Topix, and I am able to use the "kill story" link even if a story has been given comments.
I can't do editor things in here though as this isn't my topic area.
Oh you can easily use the tools to "kill story" but it doesn't get removed.

Chagrin Falls, OH

#6 Mar 22, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Oh you can easily use the tools to "kill story" but it doesn't get removed.
It removes that story from your topic area. Wasn't that the point?

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#7 Mar 22, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
It removes that story from your topic area. Wasn't that the point?
Actually it doesn't move it at all, it still shows on the side as well as in the master list of the forum. Once it's been commented on, it remains in the topic area. Don't believe me, go ahead and remove this one. it will stay right here.

Chagrin Falls, OH

#8 Mar 22, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it doesn't move it at all, it still shows on the side as well as in the master list of the forum. Once it's been commented on, it remains in the topic area. Don't believe me, go ahead and remove this one. it will stay right here.
I can't flag this with "kill this story" because it's not my content area, sorry.

It seems to work to remove off topic stories from the content area where I am an editor. Even if there are already comments added. There must be something else going on if it's not working for you in the content area where you're editor.

Belleville, IL

#9 Mar 22, 2013
Could it kill it for any who haven't already commented? Since we three have comments.. yah I can still see it.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#10 Mar 23, 2013
Drake_Burrwood wrote:
Could it kill it for any who haven't already commented? Since we three have comments.. yah I can still see it.
Actually I doubt it. It still shows up in other forums AND this one because someone from this forum has commented on it, I've seen this before.

Belleville, IL

#11 Mar 23, 2013
So next time I should use the report function, I guess.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#12 Mar 23, 2013
Drake_Burrwood wrote:
So next time I should use the report function, I guess.
Well you can try but that usually only works when reporting trolls, I've never seen it actually get entire threads removed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 22 min BMZ 205,931
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 10 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,456
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Nov 22 buckwheat 12
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov 15 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov 12 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov 11 scribbles 1

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE