hrrrm.....

“Just a Koldunia”

Since: Jan 08

Kostroma

#1 Apr 9, 2008
http://news.aol.com/health/story/ar/_a/villag...

This is a strange one for sure.

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#2 Apr 9, 2008
Natalia Tikimirova wrote:
http://news.aol.com/health/sto ry/ar/_a/villagers-worship-bab y-born-with-2-faces/2008040810 0909990001
This is a strange one for sure.
Yes I agree and whilst I feel for the child I am glad that the parents are finding comfort in this...dare i say it..disfigurement through there faith. in some countries the baby would have been stoned to death and in my country the medics would be trying to find away to give the baby surgery so it has just one 'normal ' face.
Heather

Southampton, UK

#3 Apr 9, 2008
There was a girl born not so long ago with eight legs who is also believed to be the incarnation of a goddess. lol.

Since: Feb 08

ANOKA, MN

#4 Apr 9, 2008
In the picture, mom looks fiercely protective, and dad just looks shell-shocked.

I've thought that what we know as gods and goddesses are part of the same energy, and are in a symbiotic relationship with us - it manifests itself according to our needs. That's why the older religions had gods and goddesses that fit into the local environments. Why would people in a tropical environment need a snow god? If you live in a harsh climate, your gods tend to be harsh. If you live in a peaceful agrarian society, your gods match that. Who knows? Perhaps that energy is manifesting itself as "reincarnations" of the gods.

“living is learning”

Since: Sep 07

Nanaimo BC

#5 Apr 9, 2008
Interesting thought, DaBroad, I'm not sure though...
I am tending to agree with what Kethry said, although there is still some concern that the parents refused the scan to see the internal organs. If it was my daughter with this condition I think I would want to make sure that there were no complications.
She is amazing to look upon though. Can you imagine a triple faced goddess child?

“Dont judge me.”

Since: Dec 07

New Port Richey, FL

#6 Apr 9, 2008
This is just amazing, it kind of schocked me that something like this could happen. I hope the child does well and lives a long healthy life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Oct 30 Kim 21
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) Oct 30 Scarlet Hernandez 7
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Oct 27 Ismail 256,295
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Oct 26 RationalChick 11
News Out of the Broom Closet: DC Witches in Their Ow... Oct 25 Hajinon 1
News Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... (Aug '14) Oct 25 GiveUpUDummies 8
Loner wiccan Oct '17 birdy 2
More from around the web