Salem Witch Trials: Mint
Selket

Lorain, OH

#2 Jan 2, 2014
Abishai100 wrote:
During the early days of America, the famous and controversial Salem Witch Trials in Massachusetts involved the systematic accusation and burning of people (many of them women) accused of practicing illegal witchcraft.
Since then, America has enforced freedom of religion laws protecting peoples' rights to practice personal philosophies of religion (be they mainstream or not) peacefully.
The modern mass consumerism era has made convenience products such as fast food a thing of everyday lifestyle rapture, putting the almighty dollar ahead of most considerations of religious meditation.
The Salem Witch Trials may prove to become an anthropological symbol of humanity's eccentric but libertine fascination with spirituality daydreaming.
The accused at Salem weren't burnt. They were hanged, with the exception of Giles Corey. He was pressed to death under stones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 min bmz 251,098
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 6 hr Eagle 12 4,352
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May 24 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May 22 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May 19 Patrick 219
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist May 19 New Beginning 1
News Witches for Sanders? Democratic Candidate Finds... May 16 Truth 2
More from around the web