Continuing the Catholic Anti-Pagan Pile-On

Full story: The Wildhunt Weblog

What is it with the Catholics lately? Earlier this month we see stories about an exorcism revival in Europe and Australia that seems to specifically target modern Pagans, and now we get anti-Pagan apologetics ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 1,246 Comments Last updated Jan 11, 2013
First Prev
of 63
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

ANOKA, MN

#1 Feb 21, 2008
And you can see it on these threads. I've met many pagans who are former Catholics. I think the church is feeling threatened.
Wes

Carthage, TN

#2 Feb 21, 2008
DaBroad wrote:
And you can see it on these threads. I've met many pagans who are former Catholics. I think the church is feeling threatened.
Yes very much so...They are frightend by what they cant control...Haaa
concerned in Brasil

Brazil

#3 Feb 21, 2008
Wes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes very much so...They are frightend by what they cant control...Haaa
As are pagans who want to control God but can't so they make themselves God which they think they can control but can't even control that.

God Bless
Wes

Carthage, TN

#4 Feb 21, 2008
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
As are pagans who want to control God but can't so they make themselves God which they think they can control but can't even control that.
God Bless
What....Pagans do not think themselves as God nor try to control..We have our own gods we worship..
and not blindly as most oter religons chose to...
Your an uneducated fool...go study up on it before going and opening your big mouth.

“Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici ”

Since: Dec 07

Long Island

#5 Feb 21, 2008
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
As are pagans who want to control God but can't so they make themselves God which they think they can control but can't even control that.
God Bless
Ummm... No. Just no...

“Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici ”

Since: Dec 07

Long Island

#6 Feb 21, 2008
Wes wrote:
<quoted text>
What....Pagans do not think themselves as God nor try to control..We have our own gods we worship..
and not blindly as most oter religons chose to...
Your an uneducated fool...go study up on it before going and opening your big mouth.
I am really, REEEEEEEELY tempted to post that to www.fstdt.com ...

Since: Feb 08

ANOKA, MN

#7 Feb 21, 2008
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
As are pagans who want to control God but can't so they make themselves God which they think they can control but can't even control that.
God Bless
Huh? No, we don't make ourselves gods. For myself, I see deity as a symbiotic relationship - we wouldn't exist without this force that we've chosen to call "god", but is known by many names throughout the world. And the personifications of that force can only exist as long as they have followers. I have no ancestors from the middle eastern deserts, so I don't really feel any connection to the Judeo-Chrstian theology. I'd been an agnostic for years, but had studied and learned about various religions, but always with a skeptic's eye. I've always admired those who had faith, but could never really feel or understand it. Then when researching the history of the lands my ancestors came from, I felt like I had come home. It was a wonder feeling of affinity.
Wes

Carthage, TN

#8 Feb 21, 2008
NYPagan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am really, REEEEEEEELY tempted to post that to www.fstdt.com ...
Well I dont know someone needs to do something about these poeple thow...there starting to get to me..everyday its the same thing..defending our honnor...its redicules.

Since: Feb 08

ANOKA, MN

#9 Feb 21, 2008
Oh, yeah...May the gods bless you too. All of 'em, whether you acknowledge them or not.

“Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici ”

Since: Dec 07

Long Island

#10 Feb 21, 2008
Wes wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I dont know someone needs to do something about these poeple thow...there starting to get to me..everyday its the same thing..defending our honnor...its redicules.
They're starting to get to me, too. I dunno, I got crappy sleep last night, there's some kind of flu going around my job that I might be coming down with and I'm feeling VERY snarky (my bullshit tolerance is plumeting...) so it's very possible one of these drive-by, trash talkin people are gonna get an earfull from me.
Wes

Carthage, TN

#11 Feb 21, 2008
NYPagan wrote:
<quoted text>
They're starting to get to me, too. I dunno, I got crappy sleep last night, there's some kind of flu going around my job that I might be coming down with and I'm feeling VERY snarky (my bullshit tolerance is plumeting...) so it's very possible one of these drive-by, trash talkin people are gonna get an earfull from me.
Dang sounds like a rough time...but ya Ive had it myself...if you dont like the pagans and Wiccans...stay of of our websites..thats what say.
concerned in Brasil

Brazil

#12 Feb 21, 2008
Wes wrote:
<quoted text>
What....Pagans do not think themselves as God nor try to control..We have our own gods we worship..
and not blindly as most oter religons chose to...
Your an uneducated fool...go study up on it before going and opening your big mouth.
I have Wes extensively.
Wes

Carthage, TN

#13 Feb 21, 2008
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I have Wes extensively.
Well then why would you say such things.

“Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici ”

Since: Dec 07

Long Island

#14 Feb 21, 2008
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I have Wes extensively.
Really? What source claimed we try to make ourselves gods?
Franck

Englewood, CO

#15 Feb 21, 2008
Wes wrote:
<quoted text>
What....Pagans do not think themselves as God nor try to control..We have our own gods we worship..
and not blindly as most oter religons chose to...
Your an uneducated fool...go study up on it before going and opening your big mouth.
If you don't try to control things, why do you cast spells?

What's up with some these wild rituals on this website?

http://www.witchway.net/ritual/ritual.html

“Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici ”

Since: Dec 07

Long Island

#16 Feb 21, 2008
Franck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't try to control things, why do you cast spells?
What's up with some these wild rituals on this website?
http://www.witchway.net/ritual/ritual.html
We say spell, you say prayer. Both are ways people try to exact some sort of crontroll over the randomness of their lives. Ask any Christian who's ever bought a lotto ticket and asked God to make them win.
Ritual in general is used to commune with and ask things of various dieties. See any Catholic mass.
Wes

Carthage, TN

#17 Feb 21, 2008
NYPagan wrote:
<quoted text>
We say spell, you say prayer. Both are ways people try to exact some sort of crontroll over the randomness of their lives. Ask any Christian who's ever bought a lotto ticket and asked God to make them win.
Ritual in general is used to commune with and ask things of various dieties. See any Catholic mass.
*Thumbs up dued*..Im not argueing with them today.
Franck

Englewood, CO

#18 Feb 21, 2008
NYPagan wrote:
<quoted text>
We say spell, you say prayer. Both are ways people try to exact some sort of crontroll over the randomness of their lives. Ask any Christian who's ever bought a lotto ticket and asked God to make them win.
Ritual in general is used to commune with and ask things of various dieties. See any Catholic mass.
Big difference, at a Catholic Mass we don't instruct people to rip their clothes off and have an orgy like that website said in one of Goddess rituals.

Prayers are not spells. We ask that God's will be done, not ours. With spells you are trying to FORCE your will and "power" to make something happen.

A Christian buying a lotto ticket and asking God to help them win is wrong to do that. Jesus said that we shouldn't ask God for things like that because God has knowledge of our needs before we even ask. Remember the lillies of the field?

I do, however, believe that it might not be wrong if you are in dire financial straights to ask God for the wisdom to guide you to provide better for yourself and your family or to pray for deliverance from poverty.

I think it's wrong thinking to pray like "Hey God, would you toss me down a couple of mill' here or when I go gambling in Vegas would you mind aiding my one armed bandit fever?"

“Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici ”

Since: Dec 07

Long Island

#19 Feb 21, 2008
Wes wrote:
<quoted text>
*Thumbs up dued*..Im not argueing with them today.
I'm quitting now. I'm just too grumpy to really be of any use. I leave it up to Pagan and Proud. He's much better than I am.:)

Since: Dec 07

United States

#20 Feb 21, 2008
Wes wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I dont know someone needs to do something about these poeple thow...there starting to get to me..everyday its the same thing..defending our honnor...its redicules.
Please learn to spell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 63
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 5 hr JOEL 201,312
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 13 Lady shay 8
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Aug 9 Kathwynn 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••