As Boy Scouts face furor over no-gays policy, alternative scouting groups see a chance to grow

Feb 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Brandon Sun

With the Boy Scouts of America entangled in a furor over its ban on gays, lesser-known youth organizations across the ideological spectrum see an opportunity.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of122
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Bible Believer wrote:
I made no dictate. I do not want homosexual around my or anyone's children. They proselyte.
I do not want you allowed near anyone's children, gay, straight or otherwise, you proselyte some pretty ugly ideas in the name of God that they really don't need to hear. If you have kids, keep them as far away from other folk's kids as possible, you've likely already poisoned their minds too and that kind of toxicity really needs to be kept in check.
Bible Believer wrote:
If they want to form their own group; which they have, leave others alone.
I'm sure your local Klavern offers a youth program that you and your lost children would be happier in than an open and accepting Boy Scouts.
Bible Believer wrote:
I do not want children exposed to their perversion. O, you silly boy. Generally a man acts like a man instead of some misfit trying to sound like a woman and dressing like a woman. It is perversion.
I do not want kids exposed to your perversion of the Christ's teachings into something so hateful and morally offensive. But in a free society we have to learn to cope, it's not like I'm dictating that you be locked in a closet, just wishing you would find one and close the door behind you.

Sweetie, there are men who look like men, act like men, sound like men and you'd be a damned fool ever to confuse them with actually being one.
Hmmm

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

[You are talking to a mountain boy here. No phone lines here, no water lines to tap into. Don't like cities; don't go to movies and/or such. I cook.]

...but have internet access, and like any good, Bible-thumping Christian, gravitate toward Topix...

I do not hear banjos. Sorry.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Bible Believer wrote:
Proselyte: two guys or women can't reproduce.... they have to proselyte to create.
You are talking to a mountain boy here. No phone lines here, no water lines to tap into. Don't like cities; don't go to movies and/or such. I cook.
I seriously doubt any one of you here know what a Christian is or have ever met one.
Jesus is returning soon now. The second woe is present. There's little time left; very little.
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 (KJV)
Proselyte: to convert someone from one religion to another.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Bible Believer wrote:
Proselyte: two guys or women can't reproduce.... they have to proselyte to create.
You are talking to a mountain boy here. No phone lines here, no water lines to tap into. Don't like cities; don't go to movies and/or such. I cook.
I seriously doubt any one of you here know what a Christian is or have ever met one.
Jesus is returning soon now. The second woe is present. There's little time left; very little.
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 (KJV)
What denomination of religion are you trying to convert us to?
Bible Believer

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

None. Jesus is the way truth and life. You won't find it in a denomination.

Jesus said I am the way; no man cometh to me except it were given him of my Father. Few have been call or heard the calling. You can not save yourself. there is nothing you can do. It is totally by the grace of God. You cannot choose God; God can choose you. Unless God gives you understanding, you won't have it.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Bible Believer wrote:
You're not supposed to cook your brain.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Hmmm wrote:
[You are talking to a mountain boy here. No phone lines here, no water lines to tap into. Don't like cities; don't go to movies and/or such. I cook.]
...but have internet access, and like any good, Bible-thumping Christian, gravitate toward Topix...
I do not hear banjos. Sorry.
lol
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Bible Believer wrote:
Few have been call or heard the calling. You can not save yourself. there is nothing you can do. It is totally by the grace of God. You cannot choose God; God can choose you. Unless God gives you understanding, you won't have it.
"you cannot choose god"??????????

Living in isolation has made you batty.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Bible Believer wrote:
Try a dictionary, dumbass.
Bible Believer

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Only one Bible; God only wrote one Book. One must follow scripture; you can not choose God; God can chose you. Elect means chosen.

Which dictionary? There are many & some with slants.
Hmmm

Holden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

"Elect". Well, that cinches it. Why is it that everyone who believes in heaven thinks he's one of the heaven-bound?

I guess if God doesn't pick you, you'll just be warming the bench. So the message here is don't bother DOING anything about it.

God "wrote" a ton of contradictory stuff. Which biblical bits are you actually following?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
"Elect". Well, that cinches it. Why is it that everyone who believes in heaven thinks he's one of the heaven-bound?
I guess if God doesn't pick you, you'll just be warming the bench. So the message here is don't bother DOING anything about it.
God "wrote" a ton of contradictory stuff. Which biblical bits are you actually following?
Isn't it the point in believing in something like "heaven", that by believing in it and acting accordingly to whichever rules you choose, it is your inevitable reward? Why, other than masochism, would anyone want to believe in a version of God that hates them and doesn't want them in "heaven"? Other people fine, but you've chosen to be good to your version.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Bible Believer wrote:
Only one Bible; God only wrote one Book. One must follow scripture; you can not choose God; God can chose you. Elect means chosen.
ANY dictionary, dumbo.

Oh, and I have a newsflash for you. Your Buybull is an anthology, made up of 66 books.... and god didn't write any of them.
Bible Believer

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

this dictionary: Happens to be by Noah Webster

ELECT', a. Chosen, taken by preference from among two or more. Hence,

1. In theology, chosen as the object of mercy; chosen, selected or designated to eternal life; predestinated in the divine counsels.
2. Chosen, but no inaugurated, consecrated or invested with office; as bishop elect; emperor elect; governor or mayor elect. But in the scriptures, and in theology, this word is generally used as a noun.
ELECT', n. One chosen or set apart; applied to Christ.

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth. Is. 42.
1. Chosen or designated by God to salvation; predestinated to glory as the end, and to sanctification as the means; usually with a plural signification, the elect.
Shall not God avenge his own elect? Luke 18.
If it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Matt.24.
He shall send his angels--and they shall gather his elect from the four winds. Matt.24.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Bible Believer wrote:
this dictionary: Happens to be by Noah Webster
ELECT', a. Chosen, taken by preference from among two or more. Hence,
1. In theology, chosen as the object of mercy; chosen, selected or designated to eternal life; predestinated in the divine counsels.
2. Chosen, but no inaugurated, consecrated or invested with office; as bishop elect; emperor elect; governor or mayor elect. But in the scriptures, and in theology, this word is generally used as a noun.
ELECT', n. One chosen or set apart; applied to Christ.
Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth. Is. 42.
1. Chosen or designated by God to salvation; predestinated to glory as the end, and to sanctification as the means; usually with a plural signification, the elect.
Shall not God avenge his own elect? Luke 18.
If it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Matt.24.
He shall send his angels--and they shall gather his elect from the four winds. Matt.24.
Um..... the word was proselyte.
Bible Believer

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Dog breath wrote: Bible Believer wrote:
ANY dictionary, dumbo.

Oh, and I have a newsflash for you. Your Buybull is an anthology, made up of 66 books.... and god didn't write any of them.

Yo Mo' the word Proselyte is not in the text. Your osmosis is not working; neither is your crystal ball. And Please; wipe your Xavier.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Bible Believer wrote:
ANY dictionary, dumbo.
Yo Mo' the word Proselyte is not in the text. Your osmosis is not working; neither is your crystal ball. And Please; wipe your Xavier.
"Proselyte: two guys or women can't reproduce.... they have to proselyte to create." Remember now?

You have a hard time following along.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Bible Believer wrote:
ANY dictionary, dumbo.
Scroll back to post #105

Rinse and repeat.

Proselyte
Bible Believer

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Remember the mouth wash; please.

Oh, please; I can't understand the word Proselyte. Please help me Mr. Man --- O, please please please.

Grow up child. Buy a Bible and then a dictionary. But, If you are reprobate neither will help.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Bible Believer wrote:
Remember the mouth wash; please.
Oh, please; I can't understand the word Proselyte. Please help me Mr. Man --- O, please please please.
Grow up child. Buy a Bible and then a dictionary. But, If you are reprobate neither will help.
I see.... just completely dodge any effort at a cogent answer. You're a philistine and a phony.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of122
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 29 min Kareem O Wheat 198,712
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 1 hr Kathwynn 7
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Jul 9 probably true 70
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Jul 9 CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) Jul 9 CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Jul 9 Shawn 9
Novice needs Wiccan Friend..... Jul 7 Novice 1
•••
•••