Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, Bible says to love everyone

Sep 12, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lincoln Journal Star

“Hmmm...boys are ok, but women are better so I think I'll sleep with women now.”

As clergy who care about our members' lives and the hospitality of our community, we were pleased to see the article "Same-sex climate a hot issue" in the Lincoln Journal Star on July 29. via Lincoln Journal Star

Comments
61 - 80 of 80 Comments Last updated Dec 19, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
What

Aldrich, MO

#66 May 16, 2011
LGBT is not a sin wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD is rainbow. Which is why he created rainbows. Do not speak like you are GOD. judgemental prick
It is not he that judges but the Word of the Living God. And what you accuse him of you do only in your own words not those of the Living God.
Derek

Newark, NJ

#67 Jul 9, 2011
Shellikins wrote:
I completely agree with the article writers, and wish others also felt this way.
If people are "created in God's image", then maybe "God" has nothing against homosexuality.
Just because the bible (a book written by mortal men) is against it doesn't mean "God" is.
if u truly believe that, you don't have the slightest idea about GOD or what he is about. The Bible was written by godly men inspired by God,meaning it was not their own thoughts, they are Gods .we are mAde in Gods image, but then why do we sin If God does not? We willfully choose to sin. Yea God says I love everyone, but that doesn't mean what gays do isn't sinful wrong and grievous to God

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#68 Jul 10, 2011
Derek wrote:
<quoted text> if u truly believe that, you don't have the slightest idea about GOD or what he is about. The Bible was written by godly men inspired by God,meaning it was not their own thoughts, they are Gods .we are mAde in Gods image, but then why do we sin If God does not? We willfully choose to sin. Yea God says I love everyone, but that doesn't mean what gays do isn't sinful wrong and grievous to God
I think we need a judge it icon for bible thumping moron.
joX

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#69 Jul 11, 2011
NM Desert Rat wrote:
I will sleep so much better at night knowing some christian clergy decided it is ok for gay people to be gay. Like Shellikins I too have had Jesus in my life. I could not stay in a church of mindless sheep that unquestionably followed what somebody told them to believe. I am Pagan by choice and make no apologies to anybody. If Jesus could see how modern religion has twisted his teachings he would be one pissed off hombre.
Totally agree with you! Although i am not a Christian, I once was. I enjoyed the stories of kindness shown to those of a lesser status in life. I personally think that Jesus (if he did exist), was an enlightened person before his time. The basic teachings of the new testament are an example of how as humans we must try and work hard at being better people to others in our everyday interactions. The problem lies with the people, who refuse to even interprate the words within a changing, progressive and modern world. I do not dislike Christians at all, the majority who are willing to listen and accept that we are all different. But, extremists in all paths are just as off putting as each other. Mabey in a few millenia it will get better!!! BB x
Smashers

Iowa City, IA

#70 Jul 26, 2011
I recently had an argument with a very Christian young man about this. He continually brought up Sodom and Gamorrah. Like someone a few comments back said,(sorry for forgetting your name!) "The Bible is a large book, yet people only use certain verses" or something to that effect. I am gay, and I used to be Christian. I can tell you that I felt no love from fellow Christians, or ny family. I can also tell you that I never would choose to be gay. Why in the world would I choose to be hated by so many people? Gays are born gay, and that's what I (and so many oters) believe.
Smashers

Iowa City, IA

#71 Jul 28, 2011
In Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen i have nothing against gay people..it is a sin just like lieing stealing murder..the bible states no one sin is greater..but it does state that homosexuality is an abbomnation in the eyes of God..so do i condone it..no..do i love them just as i do everyone else we are not the judge, the great judge will be here soon it is up to each of us to make it right before the lord..God bless
People like you really burn my biscuit, ya know? Love is love, I think you or someone else said God is loving. So this should mean that God loves, even if it is "against the bible" as you say, God created it, and I assume for a reason. Also, putting "god bless" after every post doesn't make you seem better. Your "holier than thou" attitude is not welcome. You're only saying it because you think your false kindness will show us that we're wrong, but no one is falling for it.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#72 Jul 29, 2011
Smashers wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you really burn my biscuit, ya know? Love is love, I think you or someone else said God is loving. So this should mean that God loves, even if it is "against the bible" as you say, God created it, and I assume for a reason. Also, putting "god bless" after every post doesn't make you seem better. Your "holier than thou" attitude is not welcome. You're only saying it because you think your false kindness will show us that we're wrong, but no one is falling for it.
Not to mention, the sins were laid out in their ten commandments. Lying and stealing and such ARE specifically prohibited, but being gay is not. I've never even been a Christian but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what is specifically prohibited in the ten commandments, and what is not. And even then Christians makes excuses and try to bend those rules (.e. killing others) and but yet they try and extropolate a prohibition against homosexuality just because they personally do not like it. You don't see Christians who are allergic to shellfish going all OT on people.

“Believer of Common Sense”

Since: Jan 11

Middle of Nowhere

#73 Aug 2, 2011
Shellikins wrote:
<quoted text>No thank you. I am very satisfied with my beliefs. My beliefs allow me to love others, even if they are different from me. I couldn't hate gay people, or disapprove of them, in the way your Christian church does. I couldn't judge others in the way most Christians do. I judge people by how they treat me, their families, and their world... if you're a good person, but you're gay, well, it's OK by me. If you're a louse and you're gay, well... I don't care if you're gay, but I don't like louses.

You'd be hard-pressed to find ANY homosexual who will say that they've chosen to be gay. There is nothing you can tell me that would allow me to believe that they choose that path, and I feel this way because I've known so many gay people.

I didn't choose to be straight. As I grew up, and went through adolescence, I discovered that I think "boys are cute". No one taught me that, it's just how I naturally progressed. I've talked with a lot of gay people over the years, some who even tried to "be straight", so they can fit in. They've all said that it was something they just "are". I can't imagine what it was like for them, growing up in high school... most of the time keeping that "secret" about themselves, out of fear of gossip and even physical harm.

No Ma'am. This is not something they chose. I never did see it as a "lifestyle", though. Rock stars have a "lifestyle". Drug addicts have a "life style". Priests and Nuns have a "lifestyle". Most gay people just want equal rights and to live their lives in peace and harmony with the rest of the world. How can anything that ends in LOVE be a bad thing. Yet, I'm the one "going to hell", as I'm often reminded by Christians. I won't be, of course, but I know you don't see it that way.

Hypothetically, I could write about what your God inspired me to do. Would it be accurate? In MY opinion it would be.

This country seems to have the notion of, "you can be anything you want, as long as it's straight and Christian". You may not agree, but you're straight and Christian. To those of us who aren't Christian (or, to those who are gay), this is how it seems to us.

You are entitled to your beliefs, and I am entitled to mine. Mine are a little more open-minded, however, and that's how I prefer it.
I feel the same way. The world would be a much better place if there were more people like you :)

“TOPIX EDITOR”

Since: Oct 09

NYC

#74 Aug 12, 2011
TexasBoy wrote:
You are not open-minded, you are closed-minded. If you were open-minded, God would show you the truth, but you are not, so you are living in a false life and in denial of what God has offered to all of us. Pity.
What a lot of bull hockey. This is why I hardly ever come to this site anymore. Christians, Catholics, Fundies all telling us we're going to hell because we don't believe in THEIR God. For all we know, Jesus might have been Gay himself. But no...we must never ever think that. And yet it is completely possible (he did hang around with a group of men all the time). I've spent a good portion of my 55 years defending and explaining my reasons for NOT believing in the Christian God and your Jesus. Why can't you people simple accept the fact that we don't ALL share the same beliefs as you do? Ridiculous.

“TOPIX EDITOR”

NYC

#75 Aug 12, 2011
In Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a right to thump my bible anywhere i want to and i choose to do it here amongst all of this. Now if u dont want to see my bible thumping leave, cause i'm not going anywhere..God bless u
But this is the PAGAN/WICCAN Forum. It's quite obvious that we are NOT interested in your book of lies and fiction.
So if anyone needs to leave it would be you. Go to the Christian Forum where you'll be welcome with open arms.

“TOPIX EDITOR”

NYC

#76 Aug 12, 2011
In Christ wrote:
oops sorry...seems i have stepped on someones toes..truth hurts huh..god bless
Nope - YOUR truth doesn't hurt us at all. You're just about as annoying as an Ant.

“TOPIX EDITOR”

NYC

#77 Aug 12, 2011
NiftyWitch wrote:
<quoted text>
You and me both. I've actually done more study of the Christian faith since I became Pagan, and I have gained more appreciation for it. Being out from under the weight of all the Fundy nonsense helped me discover what Christ was really about.
This is so true. I've learned more about Christianity and the Bible AFTER I began to follow the Pagan path. And it only made my dedication to Paganism more powerful.
So many lies, so much hypocrasy, so much intolerance.
Even my co-worker one day (after learning of my faith) yelled out 'Death to all Pagans'. What is that all about?? I never wish Death upon anyone or anything. And certainly not because their belief system is different than my own.
What

Aldrich, MO

#78 Aug 12, 2011
PuffinLady wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lot of bull hockey. This is why I hardly ever come to this site anymore. Christians, Catholics, Fundies all telling us we're going to hell because we don't believe in THEIR God. For all we know, Jesus might have been Gay himself. But no...we must never ever think that. And yet it is completely possible (he did hang around with a group of men all the time). I've spent a good portion of my 55 years defending and explaining my reasons for NOT believing in the Christian God and your Jesus. Why can't you people simple accept the fact that we don't ALL share the same beliefs as you do? Ridiculous.
Just another busybody who like Eve is charmed by the serpent and His lies and must now seek to spread those lies in her ignroance of anything even close to the truth. What a sad joke!

“TOPIX EDITOR”

NYC

#79 Aug 15, 2011
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another busybody who like Eve is charmed by the serpent and His lies and must now seek to spread those lies in her ignroance of anything even close to the truth. What a sad joke!
What are you even talking about?
Can you not see how absolutely insane these things sound?
Do you really not see the absurdities in the Bible?
First putting aside the fact that 'Serpents'(or snakes) don't have vocal cords,not to mention their lack of a tongue or lips to form words - the absurdities and contradictions are plentiful and I'd need countless pages to list them all.
So if you ever see a talking Serpent, report it to the Enquirer. I'm sure they'd be very interested.
Smashers

Iowa City, IA

#80 Sep 14, 2011
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha, I can't believe how you just dropped their idea to tell them how "dumb" they are. You are all the same.
Smashers

Cedar Rapids, IA

#81 Oct 1, 2011
Purple Gurl wrote:
Also, to be "queer" means to be questioning sexuality, not to be homosexuality. Do your research.
Shadow

Grove City, OH

#82 Oct 3, 2011
What does it matter what sexuality you are? Heck I'm Bi, and I'm a boy. And Wiccan, so I bear a double stigma. and also the only reasoon the Bible says anything about sex is to use it to control people. Love and sex is sacred and should not be feared or restricted.
Calista

Lincoln, NE

#83 Jan 10, 2012
Maybe more pastors should study Genesis, Exodus and Leviticus...
Itdoesntmatter

Springfield, OH

#84 Dec 18, 2013
Homosexuality is a sin. Murder is a sin. Rape is a sin. Stealing is a sin.(Sin- going against ones God given conscious.) God created men and women to be together. People argue you are born gay. We are all born sinners. We must try and refrain from sins, that disgrace God. Whether you are Gay or Straight you still have to obey the Lord to the best of your ability. Therefore being gay is a sin. I hate it as much as i hate any other sin, and i don't think of homosexuals any different from Heterosexuals. We are all made in God's image; we should not sin.

"If we all turn gay, the next generation would not be."
C Shine

Fletcher, NC

#85 Dec 19, 2013
Murder, rape and stealing are all specifically prohibited by the ten commandments because they all bring harm to a victim. Please explain how being attracted to a specific type of person and loving each other in a relationship brings harm to a victim.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 53 min Peace not be upon... 201,326
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... 3 hr weez 1
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) 4 hr christy 502
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••