What does religious freedom mean?

What does religious freedom mean?

There are 836 comments on the The Washington Post story from Aug 10, 2012, titled What does religious freedom mean?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

In the United States, Muslim women trying to maintain modesty should get female-only hours at the public pool , right? What about Wicca troops who want a chaplain of their own, even if there are only a few thousand of them in the military? And Catholic business owners who believe that contraception is killing - should they have to provide it to ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#772 Dec 22, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it everybody accuses everyone else of lying around here?
It's no accusation, it's a fact.
The Oracle

UK

#773 Dec 22, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it isn't, such phrasing is gutter English, you know, the thing you accuse me of using.
"Mention" in this context is the correct phrasing as your "statement" did not end with that specific obnoxious pronouncement making it a "mention" as one of many points.
Slander is generally used as the terminology when a discussion is being carried, whether it be over the internet or the telephone, it is only deemed to be "libel" when it is written in the form of a report(as in a news story). You are certainly guilty of both, having posted no accurate or verifiable evidence of your false accusations.
The only Idiot here would be yourself, making a jackass of yourself with every single post and stalking, breaking various national and international laws in the process.
Do choke on the bile you spew and save the world's oxygen supply for someone who deserves to continue breathing.

How can responding to your posts be stalking? You big girl's blouse.

Be a man. Stop behaving like a spoilt child. Running off to complain to the TOPIX moderator makes you look like a wimp.

Bad mouthing people using disgusting language makes you look like a yob. Try to behave with a little more decorum. You are only a Pagan, that's nothing special.

Now I'm going off to enjoy my Christmas and New Year holidays, so you try and be a good boy and keep that gutter mouth of yours in check.

If you behave nicely, Santa might bring you something nice, like a little book,'HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE' perhaps.

It really is such fun playing with you. Not for you I know, but as long as it makes me happy, then it is all worthwhile.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#774 Dec 22, 2012
I see the christian bigots are here to show just what a bunch of fools they can be on topix...

And oracle of as no one has control or can sway the moderators. You broke the topix TOS. You paid the price for your stupidity. Now be a big an adult and realize you screwed up and got caught.

Or whine like you have been and amuse me.. Your choice.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#775 Dec 23, 2012
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
How can responding to your posts be stalking? You big girl's blouse.
Be a man. Stop behaving like a spoilt child. Running off to complain to the TOPIX moderator makes you look like a wimp.
Bad mouthing people using disgusting language makes you look like a yob. Try to behave with a little more decorum. You are only a Pagan, that's nothing special.
Now I'm going off to enjoy my Christmas and New Year holidays, so you try and be a good boy and keep that gutter mouth of yours in check.
If you behave nicely, Santa might bring you something nice, like a little book,'HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE' perhaps.
It really is such fun playing with you. Not for you I know, but as long as it makes me happy, then it is all worthwhile.
More stalking, insults and harassment from the punk.
The Oracle

UK

#776 Dec 23, 2012
Homosexual too! No wonder you got uptight over the internet posts concerning chid abuse by Pagans.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#777 Dec 23, 2012
The Oracle wrote:
Homosexual too! No wonder you got uptight over the internet posts concerning chid abuse by Pagans.
And listening to you attempt to stir the pot simply proves what kind of lowlife trash you actually are. May the misery you inflict on others visit you an your family thrice over this season.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#778 Dec 23, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text> You're nothing more than a lying sack of feces. There is NO record of any Legitimately Recognized Pagan organization abusing children as has been found and exposed by the Catholic Church and that's the simple fact, any statement otherwise is nothing more than unproven SLANDER.
Finding it interesting that you cowardly hide behind an alternate name when choosing to accuse others of being a wimp, hypocrite.
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
As aforestated you are an obnoxious, gutter mouthed Pagan. No more, no less.
Yet you fail to disprove what he posted. You must be a self-righteous, slack-jawed christian.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#779 Dec 23, 2012
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
You fail again Pagan. "Aforestated" is perfectly correct. I did not mention that you are an obnoxious, gutter mouthed Pagan, I stated it.
And the difference is....
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>And on the subject of education,
...this oughtta be good, coming from someone who believes that "to mention" and "to state" are two different things....
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text> you don't know the difference between slander and libel.'Slander' refers to the spoken word you silly Pagan, whereas 'libel' refers to the written word. Academic of course, since I am guilty of neither.
Allow me to state here that you're guilty of being a bonehead and a troll.
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>....I take much joy in the knowledge that you will continue to be an obnoxious, gutter mouthed Pagan until the day you die
Did I mention that you're guilty of being a bonehead and a troll?

While I'm at it, I'd also like to state that you'll be a bed-wetting and chronically masturbating christian 'til the day you die.

I give this round to P&P.
The Oracle

UK

#780 Dec 24, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
And the difference is....
<quoted text>
...this oughtta be good, coming from someone who believes that "to mention" and "to state" are two different things....
<quoted text>
Allow me to state here that you're guilty of being a bonehead and a troll.
<quoted text>
Did I mention that you're guilty of being a bonehead and a troll?
While I'm at it, I'd also like to state that you'll be a bed-wetting and chronically masturbating christian 'til the day you die.
I give this round to P&P.

I'm not a Christian you stupid woman. You really are just another screwed up Pagan.

You religious people are all as bad as each other. You all believe your religion is better than the rest. And before you start making accusations about me being an atheist, I am not one of those either. I am simply non-religious, too pure a concept for you and all religious warriers to comprehend.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#781 Dec 24, 2012
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a Christian you stupid woman. You really are just another screwed up Pagan.
You religious people are all as bad as each other. You all believe your religion is better than the rest. And before you start making accusations about me being an atheist, I am not one of those either. I am simply non-religious, too pure a concept for you and all religious warriers to comprehend.
So you're simply too stupid or self involved to have considered anything outside of your own selfish existence...got it

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#782 Dec 24, 2012
People should have the right to worship or not worship as they choose as long as it does not hurt others.
And people should not be forced to perform acts that are against their Religion unless there is a very good reason and there no other alternative.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#783 Dec 24, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text> You're nothing more than a lying sack of feces. There is NO record of any Legitimately Recognized Pagan organization abusing children as has been found and exposed by the Catholic Church and that's the simple fact, any statement otherwise is nothing more than unproven SLANDER.
Finding it interesting that you cowardly hide behind an alternate name when choosing to accuse others of being a wimp, hypocrite.
Im sure with a little effort I can find Pagans Muslims, atheist , Hindus etc who all abused Children And seems everyday there a news story about a teacher having sex with a child. Butits a small minority in all cases.
In a free society you blame the guilty party, not everyone who shares the same religion or ethnic profile.That is what Communist and fascist dictators do.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#784 Dec 24, 2012
californio wrote:
People should have the right to worship or not worship as they choose as long as it does not hurt others.
And people should not be forced to perform acts that are against their Religion unless there is a very good reason and there no other alternative.
So, you think that a Jewish person working at a supermarket checkout should be able to refuse to touch bacon as it passes through the checkout, after all pork is unclean...or should religious constraints be an issue for a person to decide for themselves but NOT something which should be forced on others such as Catholic Pharmacists refusing to sell others birth control...
munum

Masontown, PA

#785 Dec 24, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
Emotional Manipulation

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#786 Dec 24, 2012
californio wrote:
<quoted text> Im sure with a little effort I can find Pagans Muslims, atheist , Hindus etc who all abused Children And seems everyday there a news story about a teacher having sex with a child. Butits a small minority in all cases.
In a free society you blame the guilty party, not everyone who shares the same religion or ethnic profile.That is what Communist and fascist dictators do.
Perhaps you should put that "little effort" into a bit of reading comprehension. There are NO cases of a Legitimately recognized and approved Pagan organization that have been proven to have abused/molested children, this is in complete contrast to things such as Catholic Priests, appointed and backed up by the Church that not only KNEW about the abuse but simply hid the abusers instead of bringing them to Justice by turning them over to the law. Get a clue.
Sick of it

Hayfield, MN

#787 Dec 24, 2012
I wish the religous would embrace religous freedom. So sick of religous people trying to control other peoples lives.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#788 Dec 24, 2012
Sick of it wrote:
I wish the religous would embrace religous freedom. So sick of religous people trying to control other peoples lives.
Not all religious people do that.
hillbilly

United States

#789 Dec 24, 2012
IT DOES SEEM LIKE EVERY BODY WANTS YOU TOO JOIN THERE GROUP .WHETHER YOU BELEAVE OR NOT.RILIGOUS FREEDOM IS JUST FINE ,IF IT DONT HURT PEOPLE.THERE IS A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO THINK IT IS OK TOO SHOT SOME BODY ,IF IT IS IN THE NAME OF GOD AND COUNTRY ,I SAY SHOOT FOR COUNTRY BUT NOT GOD.HE OR SHE, GOD THAT IS SHOULD BE BIG ENOUGH TO SHOOT THERE OWN GUN.I AM SURE THEY HAVE ONE,I AM A DEMOCRAT AND OWN SEVERAL WEAPONS. AND I KNOW GOD IS A DEMOCRAT.
Sick of it

Hayfield, MN

#790 Dec 24, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Not all religious people do that.
Most do and that is the problem.
hillbilly

United States

#791 Dec 24, 2012
I HOPE ALL HAVE A HAPPY HOLEY YEAR.FROM THE CENTER OF IT ALL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Joel 253,957
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Aug 25 JesusWasNOTaJew G... 12
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Aug 25 Eagle 12 798
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Aug 25 Eagle 12 4,819
Anyone still at this forum Aug 23 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
More from around the web